Abe to be taged, Penny, Martin to rework, Sowell, Kendall, Fabini to released!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gafher, Feb 17, 2006.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I just did the quote so it would be at mid-page for easier reading and reference.

Abraham will be traded. Done. Otherwise, the cry baby will be here next year making $8.3 million dollars and have the balls to say how badly he is treated. You know, this kind of thing gets me infuriated. I agree you have to pay good players, but it is evident that under Herm's misguidance there have been some spoiled me-me type players created.

The statement on Pennington is an assumption. He may try to screw the team. Who knows. If he is smart, at all, he will re-negotiate something. His best chance at playing is here in New York.

Curtis Martin: What can I say. You would have expected his side to run smoothly and he did not disappoint. There is a guy who understands the big picture. I wish more athletes could be like him. Will he make some money? Sure. He wants to take care of the team that has taken care of him. He knows where he is at right know in his career and has come to acceptance and gives thanks for what he has been able to achieve financially as well as on the field in his career. What a role model if there ever was one. I was one of the first ones to buy a Pennington Jersey. Martin's action may compel me to own a Martin jersey.

Releasing Ty Law, tackles Jason Fabini and Scott Gragg, guard Pete Kendall, fullback Jerald Sowell and quarterback Jay Fiedler: No surprize. We knew something like this was coming. Ty Law - really no surprize. Fabini - was like a turnstile last year. Gragg - 50/50. Kendall - a little surprizing; he wasn't super, but he wasn't horrible either. Jerald Sowell - he has been great for this team; under-rated: it comes down to money and we don't have much. Fiedler - it is pretty simple; we can't have 2 QB's on the team with questionable arms. You can not say Fiedler was bad last year; he only played for 7 plays and actually did look like he was going to be able to do something until he busted his shoulder and had to spend the next few weeks looking like C3PO on the side line next to the towel waver.

I think some of this may be is being done so the Jets can Franchise Abe; I think that is evident. Don't be surprized if after Abe is traded that at least Kendall may be resigned.

#21 GreenHornet, Feb 17, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Kendall, Sowell

I like Sowell, but I think Askew can replace him. I hate to lose Kendall as our O line is going through enough upheaval as it is. He is a good vet and a smart guy. We could really use him next season.

3. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I think we Can Get Mangold in the second. Imagine Dbrick and ManGold interesting.

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

I thought Sowell was an UFA, so technically they aren't releasing him rather just not signing him at this point. They can always go back and revisit it if he doesn't get scooped up. As for Askew, he needs to decide if he wants to play fullback or not. There were grumblings last year that he wants to strictly be a halfback. You have to want to be a fullback in the NFL....

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I'm dissappointed about Kendall and Sowell, they have really been solid these past couple of seasons.

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I think you're right about Sowell and about Askew. He has said that he wants to be a HB in the NFL. I guess we'll have to see where his motivation lies.

7. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

yes...martin a true team player.

This is why martin is my favorite...

Penny should take some notes.

8. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Wonder what the deal is with Kensil getting fired - his dad was team president. Seems strange they would hire a football position coach to replace him - all operations does is manage the facilities and stuff like that.

9. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

That and take another tackle in the first round next season (if a good one is there) and we'd been set on our Oline for the next 10 years. Wonder if Mangold will be around in the, uh, second round?

10. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Yeah thats the enigma.

11. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Martin's situation is a little bit different than Chad's.
    Cmart has no place else to go and could wind up like Emmitt and Eddie George if he doesnt redo his contract.
    He knows that his best chances of playing are with the Jets and just maybe finish his career the same way Bettis finished his.
    Cmart would have little to no value in the fa market and with a paycut he would make more with the Jets than with any other team.
    You are right with Penny though. His best chance of playing/starting is with the Jets and him and his agent can lose that chance very quickly.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You are correct about Sowell, though Kendall is the one I dont think should be going. Unless they think Moore is OK at one guard spot, but his play wasnt that good imo last season. I thought Keep Young,Kendall, Mawae, get RG/RT this year, let Moore come off the bench and see if he could push Kendall, then you would only need to replace Mawae, at some point.

13. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why the Jets have not approached Robertson about taking a pay coat. That overated fat fuck has the third highest salary on the team.

14. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

15. Rebel Mike

Rebel Mike Banned

I'm really coming this close to giving up on the NFL for college ball.

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Mangold was 6-3 297 at the Senior Bowl. I'd take Mangold over Eslinger in a heartbeat, anyway.

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Why Sowell? I dont get it?

18. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Why Cut Sowell?

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Actually not so unexpected. He is 32, I think, and believe he is getting paid 2or3 million next year. Sowell, Fiedler, Fabini, and Law were always first on the chopping block. Kendall is a little unexpected.

20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

No surprises there. I thought they might see if Kendall would rework but I'm not shocked by him going because he has a fairly big cap number. Sowell is getting up there also. I thought they would keep him around because he doesn't make much but again I'm not surprised. The new staff is a doing a good job. This year is the perfect year to rebuild because we will be major players in the draft and may even become moreso if we get a high pick for Abe. I'm glad Martin is reworking a deal I want him and Mawae to retire Jets.