AB + patriots = 100% collusion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Sep 8, 2019.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not sure why this even needs to be pointed out but the $30M was guaranteed over a few seasons, not one season and the new contract is a $9M signing bonus but worth up to $15M for 1 season. Dependent upon what he does this year he can sign another contract next year which will put him right where he would have been if he stayed with the Raiders. Except for the fact he still has the signing bonus from the Raiders which adds about another $1M.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It could be a conspiracy or it could be a coincidence. I can see an argument for both. One thing I will say....NE beat nobody to the punch. The way Brown was acting in Oakland made him locker room cancer that any reasonable coach would avoid like the plague. Belicheat is a reasonable coach - yet signs him immediately to a large contract. If he performs well on the patriots this season (which isn't hard to do) than he gets another huge contract next year.

Playing for the patriots also does two big emotional things:

-Puts Brown in the best position to win a SB.
    -Gives him a chance to irk the Steelers, who hate NE, their main obstacle to winning a SB.

We'll have to see how this plays out. If Brown is that crazy it will come out and he will be released.

If not...?

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I just hope that when NE inevitably has to discipline him, that Brown blows up their tampering ploy on social media for spite.

ouchy and Acad23 like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It was this season and next. He went from 30 guaranteed over 2 seasons to 9 over 1. That's a huge hit. If he has any fall off this year he may well get cut when Harry is off the pup and never see a big payday again. Brown besides having next years 15 million in salary guaranteed had a 156K active game day bonus a potential 2.5 million for staying healthy enough to be on the roster on game days.

He also lost 500K this year for not showing up for 85% of the team workouts. This was a killer from the POV of potential earnings for a 32 year old WR.

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He didn't receive any money from the Raiders. The signing bonus was structured as 2 - $500k work out bonuses . One due in 2019 and one in 2020. As long as he participated in a minimum of 85% of the practices. He didn't keep $1million of the Raiders money.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tony everything I have heard and read is exactly what you posted

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Between the heartache of the Jets and Mets, I don’t have the free emotional capacity to give a fuck about this shit. Did this entire charade get orchestrated by Brown and the Pats. Possibly. And I don’t care. If I was a KC fan and feared this put the Pats ahead of us maybe I’d feel differently, but this will mean nothing to the Jets overall season so I don’t care.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brown make a fucking mockery of the NFL. He will kick ass with the Patriots and re-up after the year. He gets his cake and eats it too

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

They deserve it. Josh Gordon, *caugh caugh*.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/07/patriots-deserve-hell-for-shameful-antonio-brown-scheme/

Nice thought you got going on there in Shangri La, Cannizzaro, but everybody knows that poetic justice rarely pans out for the wronged. Mmm, more like when people don't have a conscience there's not much that's going to mean more than a hill of beans to them. The only thing that sticks a narcissist is taking away objects and privileges they covet. Like ill-gotten Super Bowl rings, HOF induction(s), and trophies. Unfortunately that will never happen but I'm still confident that one of these years down the road someone with insider knowledge with nothing to lose and everything to gain - like a gazillion dollar book deal - will blow the lid off.

So what if it doesn't stick legally? I can live with the damage and tarnish that insurmountable circumstantial evidence will provide. The court of a public opinion is a bitch, and sometimes people deserve a career execution. Tedy Bruschi can throw another apoplectic fit on national TV all he wants but it will never change people's minds.

This makes Gruden sound terrible:

“We just have exhausted everything,’’ Gruden, who went out of his way to make it work, said Saturday. “We tried every way possible to make it work. I’m sorry it didn’t. I apologize, but I will tell you that I am very proud of what we did as an organization to try.’’

Gruden, who called Brown “the most misunderstood” person he’s met, said, “I tell you, he’s a good guy. He’s misunderstood by a lot of people. He’s a good guy. He’s a great player and I hope he gets what he’s looking for.”

What is he apologizing for? Brown is "misunderstood", see how I laugh. How about he's an asshole?

Leicester Jet and BrowningNagle like this.
  10. burtgummer

burtgummer New Member

Hey guys I'm not a Jets fan but not a hater either my team is in the NFC south.Since the Pats Signed AB I've been looking at a few different message boards about it.I just have one question why do you talk about the Pats cheating so much when in the fact the Jets have been busted more for cheating?

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not a Cheats fan, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Yeah, I've heard that lame deflection argument before, but you didn't even name what team in the AFC South you're a fan of.

[​IMG]

You blew your cover without even trying, but Pee Wee Herman did it best:

12. burtgummer

burtgummer New Member

Perhaps if you could read I said NFC south and if it bothers you that much I'm a Panthers fan.I'd also say that Pat fans are correct when they say the talk from other teams fans about cheating (even tho their team has been busted more) is only because of jealousy pretty sad actually

13. Very strange. An "NFC South" fan feels compelled to come onto a Jets board after the Antonio Brown saga to question us calling the patriots cheaters?Fascinated how you connect those dots & why you'd have an axe to grind. And then calls us jealous?

First of all, how do you feel about your first super bowl appearance being a complete farce b.c of confirmed Patriot cheating? Robert Kraft said cheating has helped them win "1%" his words..not ours. Think that 1% wouldve made a difference in OT? God forbid the ever trustworthy and truthful Kraft was downplaying it & its more like 2, 5, hell 10 or 20 %. If you're really a Panthers fan...lets start there. You ok with the shaft?

Secondly, the only evidence what so ever of the jets being significant cheaters is through "Yourteamcheats.com". This site was outed as being a patriot fan site a few years ago when the server IP was ran & came back either a MA or RI address. Though it wasnt hard to decipher that even beforehand. The site has had every pats main rival as top 5 worst offenders & has the Pats down in the low 20's. If the point was to prove every one else does it too why not show some objectivity?At least put the patriots in the top 5 based on overwhelming content. Sad that this type of dishonesty exists in the world.

Third, If you took the time to read our board.. no one has ever said Gamesmanship doesn't take place in the NFL. Equipment manipulation, artificial crowd noise, fibbing injury reports, signing ex players the week before a match-up...it all goes on..quite significantly im sure. What we are saying is that based on overwhelming evidence including first hand experience against them via spygate & associated reports, that the Patriots take espionage, game day communication tampering, rule exploitation & other ethically challenged operations to a systemic, capital level. The fact that they get caught cheating against us after being warned not to & then blame the Jets for the repercussions..how do you think that sits with us?

The whole jealousy argument...from 02-07 perhaps you'd have a point. But 2007-present? how does outrage over competitive success stemming from blatant rule breaking & treachery equate to jealousy? It's outrage. Please explain how outrage equates to jealousy?

If 29/30 classmates hate the student in the class w. the highest grade b.c they cheat & get away with it; Is that jealousy or outrage?

Let's hear it "panthers fan"..

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

NFC South from the Carolina's. I didn't know double wides had basements? Welcome to the board Mr. Gummer.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jesus Kurt, breathe.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

stinkyB and Cidusii like this.
  17. The Waterboy

$9.46M is the signing bonus, there is also $4.5M in bonuses of which $3M looks to be easily attainable and the other $1.5M for 16 TDs is certainly doable for him. Another $.5M in per game bonuses puts him at $13M to $14.5M for the year.

The poster I responded to said "who picks $9M over $30M", well if it was a straight $9M vs a straight $30M ok but that is not the case at all. He's taking a little less than half pay for half the time with a chance to sign a new contract next season. Some people want the security of guarantees, some might figure the $14M they will make in the current season is enough to take a chance that they will get another contract after it and play where he wanted all along.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I agree. In the NFL guaranteed money is still worth its weight in gold. If you're 32 a SB ring may be worth its weight in gold. If he performs well he probably doesn't lose anything although I don't think he will recover another 15 million next year with 1 buyer? If he gets hurt or cut at some point it's going to cost him a bundle.

I was a little surprised that the Oakland deal was 30 guaranteed over 2 years until your post made me look. Normally I think your point is spot on. In this case age, brain and the fact that the guarantee was only 2 years, I think he losses money.

It's a good case to see what happens. Good follow up post.

The Waterboy likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

Perhaps you could point out all the millions of dollars in fines and 1st round draft picks the Jets have forfeited for cheating. You could probably add up all the Jets team fines for the last 20 years and it wouldn't equal the Cheats fine just for one of their transgressions, and I'm not even counting the incident of theirs with the biggest fine.

20. The Waterboy

Granted, I know I would have kept the $30M but I also haven't taken huge hits to the head from guys trying to destroy me.