Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think it will be reasonable, maybe not even a first this year, maybe a 2 this year and a conditional one or two next year if he plays. That's not hateful and gives us a real chance. I am not done with Zach either, probably in the minority but I feel like him sitting behind his mentor for a year or two might make him a viable option going forward with proper coaching and confidence. The stars are aligned, will we win a super bowl, who knows but will we have a legitimate shot? Fuck yes we will.

2. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what Rodgers has ever done to be attacked so much? Who did he abuse ? What evidence of a crime do you have? Or is it because you don’t respect his independent thought and freedom? I welcome him with open arms

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Of course Packers fans cheer them, they haven't had a bad team in decades. Give Packers fans two seasons of Jets football, and they'd make us look like angels.

boozer32 and Brook! like this.
  4. DetroitRed

I am glad 3/4 of the vote is going the logical way

5. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Whatever it takes. I look at it this way, we have the talent NOW. Regardless of what Woody says, if this team doesn’t make the playoffs next season, I can see the house being cleaned and now we are back to absolute ground zero looking for a new GM and HC. Let’s face it, we aren’t going to be able to afford to retain all of our young talent years down the line. If you are going to make a move for a HOF QB, this is the perfect time to do it while they are on rookie deals. It’s been 12 years. I don’t want to hear about the future. We have to win NOW.

6. HomeoftheJets

I take it that if Kaepernick were as good as Rodgers on the field, you'd welcome him with open arms too?

Fiftynine, JETFUEL1580 and KingRoach like this.
  7. DetroitRed

Yes, if i was living in fantasy land

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

Okay good. I would welcome both Rodgers and an elite version of Kaepernick, just wanted to make sure you're also not a hypocrite.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  9. DetroitRed

Not at all. If AR was using his fan paid football time , to advance his personal agenda, I would want no part of him

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Independent thought and freedom - encouraged

Abuse someone - done
    Evidence of a crime - done
    Independent thought and freedom during fan paid football time - done

11. HomeoftheJets

So it's not okay when Kaepernick brings politics into a place that's supposed to be about football, but it's okay when you do it. Interesting...

barfolomew likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Perfectly stated.

DetroitRed likes this.
  13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible to answer without knowing what the draft cost would be.

Would I want Rodgers here for a conditional fourth-round pick? Hell yes.
    Would I want him here for a first-round pick? Hell no.
    Would I want him here for TWO first-round picks? Kill me now.

Jets79, burf, IIMeanDeanII and 2 others like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Zach who?

15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I've changed my mind on Rodgers. If we can get him for a decent value, regardless of his drama, opinions, I would welcome him whole heartedly. If he wants to come here that is. The Hackett hire after some thought is a big indicator that this might be a possibility. Packers seem like they want to move on, and Rodgers after the final game against the Lions seem like a goodbye of some sort. Bottomline, if he wants to come to the Jets, I'll welcome a recent two time MVP with some good young talent on offense. This won't be Brett Favre 2.0

DetroitRed likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"Joe won't miss with his second QB pick."

Not to be a discouraging Darksider: But this is ONE draft where he hit a bit of a Trifecta after 3. fuckin years collecting his salary millions. Where has he fortified the Jets?? >>>one two star players on Defense and some new rookies..meh

Otherwise he has not addressed the OL (which he promised and lied about) and used a valuable #2 pick on the Ultimate Bust Wilson. FTMR the Brains in the CS Saleh and MLF we know are hot garbage

I believe in accountability ,not excuses and Hall Passes...but you are welcome to be forgiving

17. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I would get on a plane from London, land in Wisconsin, hire a car and drive him to New York myself.

Of course we take him if he's available.

My one downside is that people are projecting this as now being probable. I can't see how this is lined up yet. If Rodgers wanted to contemplate his future in respect of returning, being traded or retiring, he's gonna wait until the season is over at least, surely.

I'd love him here. We'd be contenders instantly and Lord knows we've waited long enough for that.

Brook! likes this.
  18. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If the trade compensation is similar to what @Brook! laid out in his OP, we should all want Rodgers here for next season+.

If all we have to give up is our 2nd or 3rd this year (2023) and another conditional pick in 2024 (probably dependent on certain performance/participation escalators: Rodgers plays for the Jets in 24, Jets give up a 3rd, Rodgers plays 75% of the snaps in 24, Jets give up a 2nd, etc.).

I would really like to restructure his contract though, I hate the idea of kicking roughly 60M dollars down the road to 25 and 26, but a Lombardi trophy in 23 or 24 could alleviate those concerns.

Brook! likes this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets69, Ralebird, Aero and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.