Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I would invite you to review the Jets absolutely pathetic history of first round picks.

2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Just for the record i started disliking him even before he got covid toe... he kind of turned green bay into the aaron rodgers show and green bay has always been about more than just the man under center, even when they had favre. But he would be the best weve had at qb ever

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So Aaron Rodgers is a guaranteed bust by the time the 1st round pick he might cost gets to his second contract.

I think I might be ok with the kind of deal we made for Favre. 4th round pick that goes to 3rd if Rodgers plays 50% of snaps to 2nd if he plays 70% and the Jets make the playoffs and to a 1st if he plays 80% and the Jets reach the Super Bowl. That's a logical trade for an ancient win-now player.

The cap issues are going to be real though. We're not in a great spot there and we have Q to deal with. If you cut a bunch of veteran contracts then you are hurting the goal that you're acquiring Rodgers to make. If you don't fix the OL none of this matters anyway because Rodgers won't last long on the field.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

All in. No guarantee a number one pick is ever going to pan out, i.e. Wilson and Becton. People keep saying he's in decline, but he threw for 26-12 with a bunch of nobodies and a broken thumb on his throwing finger. He was also the MVP the previous two seasons. We get him, we get an automatic top 10 quarterback. How long have we been clamoring for that? Give me 2 years of exciting, playoff, SB contending football. I'll happily take it after all the recent years of misery.
    I admit I'm the ultimate darksider, but if we get Rodgers and sure up the o-line, there's no way we don't make the playoffs next year barring catastrophic injury.

Nyjets4eva, barfolomew and NOVAJET like this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

We have made 16 first round picks since we made the playoffs... Just saying.

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

WHO here said they "really like" Aaron Rodgers? Ever. No doubt he has universal respect for his ability.

Lon Chaney and barfolomew like this.
  7. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Well, fortunately it's Joe Douglas who will make the decision. The puzzle pieces are coming together.

NOVAJET likes this.
  8. Losmeister

Most Jets fans would pimp out their mom to win a SB too

NOVAJET likes this.
  9. Losmeister

he's been a dick way pre covid

barfolomew likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is BOOm or Bust. The CS, GM, desperate.

GM must make a Deal per Brads idea re B Favre signing....And I could hardly care less about AR being a drama queen ..meh. Let's go the patriot way ...forget who you like (M White) just "do your job."

But don't forget Hackett may make the Offense gain mileage but Saleh is a Moron ...I still don't trust him or that liar Joe Douglas

barfolomew likes this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie. I'd happily win a Super Bowl at this point with a complete dick, then go on missing the Playoffs every year with a really nice guy at quarterback.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Why such Kudos?? Douglas has brought us to this very point of dumpster fire in need on very high priced Savior

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

KWJetsFan and NOVAJET like this.
  14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

He whiffed at his pick for QB the first time. However Joe Douglas has also fortified the Jets with a bevy of superstars in Garret Wilson, Breece Hall and odds on favorite for DROY Sauce Gardner. Nobody's perfect. Joe won't miss with his second QB pick.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We all work with people who we don't like, at times their jobs are key to everyone's success. If they do their part and get us the wins I won't complain.

At least he isn't DeShaun Watson

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Depends on the price.

If reasonable. Not going to set us back long term. Then, yes.

If the price Is outrageous, then I'd rather not.

17. NOVAJET

So what's the plan then? Wait it out, few more years of building, try and find another QB in the draft that we can't develop? Get a middling QB with no job like Jimmy G or Carr? See if Zach turns it around, have another mediocre year and hope a QB falls to us in the draft? I have seen that movie before, we have drafted 16 players in the first round since we made the playoffs, 16 TIMES! All this while all our cheap young studs wait till their big payday in a few years? We have a roster sans QB that can win a super bowl next year or the year after, isn't that the point? The formula is have great players on cheap contracts so you can win with the cap. At some point we have to be aggressive, that time is right now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

Yeah dude. Bringing In an aging QB on the verge of retirement every year Isn't the solution. I can promise you that.

Good teams literally find young QBs to ride the wave with for a decade +.

Just because It hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean It shouldn't still happen. We absolutely need to draft a good QB for the future.

Aaron Rodgers only Is truly worth It If we win a Super Bowl In the year or two he plays. IF he even plays. Otherwise you are literally just wasting away assets for the future for no reason.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. NOVAJET

Rather take the shot than keep throwing picks at QBs we obviously can't groom. Just because we get Rodgers doesn't mean we can't do that anyway just behind a vet. Wilson, Darnold etc, the list goes on. I want to try a different route, one that worked for Stafford and Brady, it's a thing. We are a QB away, why waste it, I like watching the Jets be competitive and we are a superbowl contender with Rodgers.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

I agree, just at the right price. I don't want the Jets to sell the future for a possibility of an aging Elite QB taking us to the promised land. If It's for the right price that doesn't ruin our future, sure, let's do It.

Otherwise..

They dug this hole, they need to buckle up and face the adversity. They need to figure It out, without ruining our future. We are fucked as fans If that doesn't happen.

ouchy and barfolomew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.