Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I dont know how much more obvious it could be that he doesn't want to be here. He may end up here because he wants $60 mil and it's either be here or ride the pine while GB starts Love (no chance) but at this point it's pretty clear he doesn't want to be a Jet.

ouchy, JetFanInNE and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Who knows what’s true at this point?

But if that IS true, then it’s rapidly approaching the time to shit or get off the pot. To me that deadline was noon eastern time today, so I’m really surprised that nothing has come down by now. So maybe JD is talking to other QB’s already and hedging his bets, who knows, but I imagine those discussions would not be taken seriously by any other QB unless they hear that AR is NOT an option. So I just don’t see how this is the best path.

At some point, if it is really AR holding this all up, then we HAVE to give a deadline and say we want you, but if you don’t decide by X time, then we have to move on.

I think missing out on Carr, AR, AND other good options would be a terrible look for JD. If we have to go scrape up a retread like Bridgewater, Dalton, Brissett or some such, that’s just a bad look. I’d almost rather go Mike White and draft yet another QB…

3. BroadwayAaron

Wingo was the first to report that the Jets got permission to talk to Rodgers.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah but Kap is a motivated douche.

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah the longer he goes like this without saying anything the more it sure looks like he doesn’t want to be here.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous already… I really thought the deadline would have been noon today

ouchy likes this.
  7. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

So motivated he hasn’t played in 5 years

Since1969 and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He can either come here and win a sb, be the hero…. End up injured ….. or have it not go well, and end his career failing in the ny market that is salivating at tearing him apart, as much as they are for a sb.

so , not gonna lie, I’d have to think about that too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

1pm and still nothing. Awesome.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Notice the tone of the conversation surrounding Rodgers is changing and not for the better??

Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I swear this Florio guy is a diehard Giants fan. Just the way he talks about the Jets sounds like he hates the franchise lol

He wrote that piece last week that Aaron Rodgers holds all the cards, not the Jets. He's not entirely right or entirely wrong, but regardless he's a royal douche in the way he speaks about the Jets.

I pay no mind to his opinion on this topic.

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think this maybe the case. I get being somewhere for 18 years, and it's a difficult decision to move on. But, this is part of the business.

My deadline for real panic was noon, today. No matter which way you slice it, keeping this a secret does NO ONE any favors (Jets, Packers and every other FA QB & team involved with them). Makes no sense to make some big announcement, and if that's the case; such a bad look. If Wingo says the Jets don't know, I'd hope JD isn't sitting on his hands.

14. BroadwayAaron

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Move on where? Also Lamar will still be there on Wed if we decide to talk to him.

I do agree Rodgers needs to let Jets know asap

bicketybam likes this.
  16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

While I kinda of agree on Florio, pretty much everyone is saying the same thing at this point.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/13/nfl-free-agency-aaron-rodgers-holding-packers-jets-hostage/

https://nesn.com/2023/03/aaron-rodgers-pretty-much-holding-nfl-ransom-as-free-agency-begins/

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Another way to look at this is that Rodgers is still loved in GB AFAIK. He might be playing things in a way that protects that legacy. For example, he shows that he's bargaining in "good faith" with GB ownership and the Jets, but in the end simply chooses to return to where he's loved and collect his money, even of that means he starts out on the bench this year. But he might have a good hunch, having watched Love for a few years, that there's no way GB sticks with him and eventually puts Rodgers back as QB#1.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Maybe he got thrown into the trade? Lol

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He may be there a few weeks from now too. We may never actually be able to get him also. In the meantime other QBs will come off the board. The time to talk to Lamar is now (assuming Rodgers hasn't told JD he is coming yet). Then by Wed you may have a deal in place, and in 5 more days he could be on the roster, helping attract remaining FAs. I just think the Rodgers deadline has been reached and it is time to quickly move on to plan B, which IMO should be Lamar.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a way bigger possibility than Lamar. What are you even saying?

bicketybam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.