Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYsportsfan1962

Guess we're gonna see if JD can walk and chew gum at the same time.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We don't know that everything is on hold until Rodgers makes his decision. If we start seeing JD bringing players in then we can breathe a sigh of relief and know that this situation hadn't frozen us in place.

If nothing happens, potential targets start coming off the market, and still now word from Rodgers, then it will look like a major clusterfuck.

But at the moment, we don't know.

Borat likes this.
  3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Go on then, who had the "Welcome to the Jets, Aaron Rodgers" thread ready to go?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Meh.. Depends on your outlook on It. Personally, I wouldn't give a shit If I was already as rich as him. I truly wouldn't.

As far as his outlook on playing here.

I mean.. Like It or not.. Our team has sucked for a reason, they've sucked for a long fucking time at that. The history here Isn't a great motivator.

I don't think we are as appealing of a place to play for right now as some do on this board.

I guess we shall see.

At the end of the day. We fans are the ones truly getting fucked here.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed, he did make other moves, like traded for a safety, cut Berrios, restructured some deals. I don't think the things are on hold. It would be a lot better if we had a good QB by now to try to convince FAs to come here, but this is neither here not there.

Cman68 and ukjetsfan like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

To add to how fucking stupid everything is... Leroy, a burner account of a very very credible source that pretends to be a dog just tweeted this.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I just read an article by Charlie Wilson of the Mirror which is quite disturbing to me on a two particular points. Frankly I don't know who the hell he is and hope this is BS but.
    Quote, "With both teams now agreeing compensation, which could be as much as two first-round picks, the ball is now solely in Rodgers' court, with the 39-year-old having a no-trade clause in his contract with the Packers" This smells to me like Woody is driving the boat with such a high offer, and AR is still fucking around deciding what he want to do. the Jets went all in on AR , that was the plan, seem quite generous to boot, so if headcase Rodgers turns it down why is that on JDs head. What was he supposed to do different...….go with a lesser option in Carr? The next move is to tell Woody fuck AR and move on.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

1. Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause so this guy is clearly not all that reliable.
    2. Yes, the better option was to go with Carr if you had heard literally nothing from the guy you were chasing instead.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I mean, it would be a tremendously shitbag move to just retire after all this drama. It doesn't take a long time to decide if you've had enough.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe this is the case. JD is getting fucked over by his own ownership.

IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  11. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Fake story.

ColoradoContrails and hornblower like this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Peace, I don't disagree. However I don't think 2 was an option for JD thanks to Woody. It was AR or bust.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You say that now, but if you go through the journey to get there, the outlook may be different. And from what I have seen, these who do go through this journey generally want to get more if they can.

Rodgers' Net Worth is 200 mil: https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/aaron-rodgers-net-worth-and-salary . 110 mil guaranteed in two years I think carries a lot of weight.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It wouldn't. I know myself.

Anyway. Doesn't matter.

Dudes not a Jet.

Let the anxiety continue.

15. ukjetsfan

In that scenario (which sounds like total BS to me) I would lose all respect for JD. Bowing to insane pressure like that from a pencil neck dweeb who knows jack shit about football would destroy his credibility as a GM.

So, I'm calling complete BS on that article.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets not forget... That pencil neck dweeb is the Boss and JD has to follow orders..

LAJet likes this.
  17. Cman68

12:33pm not even a tweet..

18. ukjetsfan

I disagree. He signed a six-year contract to be GM. If the owner starts interfering to that extent (not saying he has, but let's go along with the article) then JD should tell him to fuck off. Politely, of course.

19. Cman68

That's not good for longevity. I don't think Woody really cares much about the last 2 years of JD's contract. He'll pay it off and move on to the next newbie GM.

20. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

This is total BS at this point. i've always disliked Aaron Rodgers (the person) immensely, but as a long suffering Jets fan I was willing to put that in hopes of finally seeing a superbowl.

At this point, my distain for this self-absorbed diva is slowly trumping my superbowl aspirations. It's getting harder and harder to stomach having to root for this guy.

He truly believes he's the smartest guy in the room, when in reality, he's nothing more than a narcissist and a moron.

Go make an offer for Lamar, bring him in here with our weapons and D and hopefully we'll look back at these last 72 hours and say "thank god we backed out on Rodgers."

In plain english, he's a self righteous douche, f him already.

ukjetsfan and JetFanInNE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.