Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

how many of them are realistic though? We need to stop pretending Tannehill is an option so that doesn’t count. Lamar doesn’t count because no one is offering him what he wants and anything reasonable is going to be matched by the Ravens. Mayfield is already connected to Tampa, so is Jacoby Brissett so assume that one of the two of them will be off the table. what are five options better than Jimmy Garoppolo at $25 million? And of course that’s not going to be the actual amount guaranteed that’s just the average yearly salary.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

TADA!

Brook! now has a new Avatar :)

3. BroadwayAaron

Packers beat reporter for ESPN. Please for the love of God move on from the sociopathic moron.

tells everyone who will listen that he doesn’t want to hold anyone hostage. Then promptly holds his current team and potential new team hostage on one of the most important days of the offseason. I wonder why people call him a shitty person and assume he cares about no one but himself…

JetFanInNE likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe the Jets made $15.2m in space on Saturday morning while also guaranteeing Tomlinson $23 next year if they didn't know the answer already. People here were talking about cutting Tomlinson to save $1 million, but then JD is going to go guarantee him $23 next year where he had an out for $13? Nah man. This shit is done already.

5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Does JD come off like a guy that doesn’t have a plan B? Honestly since he’s been here that’s maybe the one thing you can say for him if you don’t like anything else. When it comes to knowing what he wants to do and then executing it. He doesn’t come off like someone who would only have one move. That’s obvious to me even in most of his trades. He knows what he wants and what he’s willing to give up value wise if it’s not there he goes to his next plan. Everyone is going crazy like JD is gonna wait until all QBs are gone for him to make a decision. Sorry that won’t happen here guys relax and let’s the big dawg work

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. NYsportsfan1962

Maybe the answer is just turn everything off for two days and see what's transpired on Wednesday!! This wait is ridiculous but if we all search our feelings we knew this was gonna happen if we engaged with Rodgers.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Jeezus! What did Rodgers ever do to you man? IDK who you hate more, him or Zach?

bicketybam likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

I feel like I said this to you last time but I love this board because in the span of a few months you can go from being a Zach Wilson homer to some to a Zack Wilson hater to others.

also what am I doing other than talking about things Rodgers has done or is doing? He’s a sociopath and it’s currently affecting the team I’ve routed for since the mid 90s.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

10. ColoradoContrails

First, how is trying to get the best deal for himself sociopathic? ALL athletes do it. Second, how do you know he's the one that's holding things up? Yes, some internet reports say it's him, but they've been wrong often before. Using the word "sociopathic" for this situation just seems like a pretty strong word for someone/something that really isn't the biggest thing in life.

bicketybam likes this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

12. ColoradoContrails

13. BroadwayAaron

How is him waiting trying to get the best deal for himself? He's owed the same amount of money no matter what. He's choosing between $60 mil or not $60 mil.

14. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

30 mins until Aaron Rodgers announces his retirement lol

Acad23 likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Generally speaking fully guaranteed contracts are not good in CBA type of agreement. Essentially there is a CBA deal between players and owners where they split the revenues a certain way - say 50/50. So, players will get their % every year regardless, which is why there is a rule where you cannot go below the CAP by a certain %, and unused CAP gets carried over, etc... So, players will get their part, and it is a fixed number for each year.

So, the question is, how is this fixed money divided amongst players. If you have fully guaranteed contracts and suppose a player is not playing well, that means that the money that would have gone to another - better - player, will have to go the guy who is not good, since he is guaranteed. That money is then not available for a better players, and better player ends up with less than his true market value, since there is less money is circulation. So, you end up in a system where you will have more overpaid guys and more underpaid guys. With fewer money guaranteed, you have essentially shorter contracts. There is more money available, and that money goes by merit.

In a case of elite QB, the value to the team is so huge though, that truly exceptional ones, League MVP types or someone who led the League in yards, they may still end up with fully guaranteed deals even if the teams do not need to guarantee the contracts. Hence I see nothing wrong in paying Lamar, who was a League MVP and is still 26, a fully guaranteed deal, and don't think this will result in teams having to pay fully guaranteed money to 99% of other players. Only exceptional QBs.

16. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Alright it’s now past 11:30 am. Half hour until the legal tampering period. Fuck this guy, it’s time to end this shit. Let him rot on Green Bay’s bench for the season.

JetsKickAss and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I'd hate to have plans to see a movie with Aaron Rodgers. The thing would be on Netflix by the time he made his fuckin' mind up.

18. ColoradoContrails

You really think he isn't trying to get some "sweeteners" or an extension, or some other things to make him agree to the trade?

bicketybam likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He is guaranteed 110 mil for 2 years with 60 mil this year upfront. I think it is pretty sweet as it is.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

A good argument for either excepting QBs from the general CAP pool, or making a separate QB CAP limit.

Ralebird and ukjetsfan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.