Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's fucking embarrassing

2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Yeah well considering he’s done this a few years running, I disagree

3. NYsportsfan1962

You would think if Rodgers is serious about being a Jet and winning that it's incumbent upon him to get this deal done before tomorrow at noon so the Jets can leverage his presence to lure other free agents. That is why I don't think it's Rodgers as the hold up. Guessing it's the compensation and not the money which Woody has said is categorically not the issue. Each team probably feels they have leverage over the other when in reality The Jets need/want Rodgers but equally GB wants him gone. Someone has to blink.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yeah well considering this is actually the first time he has formally spoken to another team about leaving the Packers, I disagree.

Btw, he signed an extension with Packers a week before FA started last year, he sure waffled.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

March 13 at noon is a meaningful deadline. Team will start reaching out and getting commitments from top free agents. March 15th is a date when it can be official, but 13th is when all the conversations start. It is VERY important to know whether Rodgers is on the team by the 13th at noon, as it will impact free agency in a major way. If he does join the Jets, it is in his benefit to finalize by the 13th deadline, because that could influence the FAs that the Jets are targeting.

#1185 Borat, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You’re right about Rodgers but Carr is a Saint, he signed his contract with them the other day.

Borat likes this.
  7. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

why do you think rodgers cares about FA coming to the jets? He cares about himself. He has no ties to the jets other than maybe signing with them. you think there is a spectacular guy out there whose presence on the jets insures rodgers the super bowl?

JetFanInNE likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Seems to me there is an awful lot of blame being thrown around in different directions and a lot of pissed off fans without the benefit of knowing what the fuck is really going on and who is holding what if anything. Ideally this is nailed down before free agency starts, for the benefit of both the Jets and GB, but if they are close to an agreement, there is no way the start of free agency will stop them from proceeding in that direction. If they are not close, we need to walk away tomorrow, bite the bullet and work on free agency as needed to make this team better..

ColoradoContrails and Jets1035 like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. see my later post. Only exception is if they are really close to nail it down, in which case make the announcement and move on with that caveat.

10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

As if!

stinkyB likes this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are right, Carr was not a good example, I redacted that out. However, the point still stands: players can and do have conversation and committ to teams during tampering period, hence 13th at noon is a meaningful deadline.

Maybe so. Maybe it is a combination of guys. The point is that the Jets and Rodgers interests of winning SB will be aligned if he is traded here. And that means you want to assemble the best Jets team possible for next couple of years. By delaying past the 13th Rodgers would be doing himself a disservice is he eventually does come.

#1191 Borat, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would add, if he was not keen on the Jets, he should have made the response early and clear that he intends to explore other opportunities and not jerk legitimate offers around. If he decides to retire it would be a pure shit move to wait this long and mock every one around in the process.

Acad23 and bicketybam like this.
  13. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

I would be completely stunned if this is not wrapped up, one way or another, by tomorrow morning. Even tonight is possible.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rodgers is blowing his chance to be big news. By noon tomorrow nobody is going to be watching the NFL wire.

15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

If Rodgers doesn't give an answer before noon tomorrow Joe Douglas needs to grow some balls and walk away instead of Aaron holding these teams by the balls. We still have a good team and will be able to find a decent QB option, maybe even one that doesn't cost draft capital, tons of money, and can also play more than a year. Aaron Rodgers hasn't even been a Jet for 1 day and I'm already tired of the antics if it is indeed him people are waiting on. There's actually no shot that this guy's mind makes an adequate life decision on a 24 hour countdown. He acts like he makes his decisions with research and they come to him naturally. What are the odds his decisions would happen to be naturally made at the deadline? This clown has had forever to make a decision. We have all been patient throughout everything including his darkness retreat.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You need to know where you are cap wise with the QB, what pieces you need for specific QB, etc...

My comments had nothing to do with their status. This Is moot.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Legal tampering period starts tomorrow at noon.

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Packers blogger started a thread asking Packers fans to make up the craziest endings to this saga. This one made me both laugh as well as say, "actually..."

Since1969 likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree with your concern and it’s a valid one , but I’m sure JD has already factored in cap numbers based on best case, and worst case with Rodgers. But he needs to protect the worst value till this is resolved.,

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.