Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

There are those will always find a reason to cry.

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Dolphins traded for Ramsey. Good news for us especially if we have Rodgers.

BacktoQueens and RevisIsland18 like this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's compliment to this board!

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Maybe it's the curse of being a Jets fan that you can never really fell like you can let go feel unfettered excitement. I get it. But if you can't let go of all those past disappointments and heartbreak at the prospect of maybe being able to legitimately vie for a SB, IDK what it will take.

5. BroadwayAaron

I guess the big difference is I don’t think we will legitimately vie for a Super Bowl with Rodgers. Would I be surprised? Not at all. I just think we are still a few steps away from being a top 3 team in the division even with a highly above average QB.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree that even with Rodgers we still have holes. That said, I think you're underestimating how much a truly great QB can cover up holes and give you a shot at a championship. Yes, other better balanced teams will have a better shot, but look at the Giants, or the Ravens to name two teams that had holes but "caught lightning in a bottle". I'm not saying that Eli was a great QB, but he was capable of great stretches, as was Flacco, and I think Rodgers is much better than both of them.

We won't be favorites even with AR, but when was the last time we were even considered potential contenders?

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

How legitimate is our chance to go to the SB if we sign Rodgers? Isn't the real motivation for all this to have a winning record/playoffs and save everyone's jobs?

papapump, westiedog1 and Since1969 like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Arts ‘n crafts for me while we fucking wait

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. BroadwayAaron

First “decision” related tweet he’s made or liked. Make of it what you will but nothing about his actions say he wants to be a Jet. He may be one but that’s the $60 mil talking.

10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The discussion of winning the next Super Bowl as the only viable reasoning behind making moves is interesting to me.

As a Yankee fan, the past decade has gotten increasingly annoying to me as the organization, media, and fans continually ratcheted up the "any season without a championship is a failure" mentality, to the point where it has become increasingly difficult to enjoy following the team.

It used to just be the Yankees that were like this, but in the past few years the discussion around my Knicks and Jets has slid into this paradigm, too. Which sucks to me, because I can explain having irrational championship aspirations for the most storied/winning organization in sports, but to now have it leech into the two historically clown-show franchises I love? Man. It sucks a lot of the joy from watching individual games, getting excited about young talent, or basically just being a fan.

I get it - I promise you, I get it. I'm an analyst by trade and see all the missteps and ignorant choices along the way. I understand that it's the appropriate mentality for the professionals like Douglas - winning a championship is their sole, big picture goal. And believe me, I want nothing more than to see the Jets win a championship in my lifetime.

But man, as a fan, framing every move in the context of winning a VLT has me exhausted, because 97% of NFL teams won't win the championship next year, and many of them are significantly more invested and pot-committed than the Jets. As a fan my hope (and expectation, honestly) is to get there eventually, but I'd also like to enjoy the games for what they are along the way. I've found myself losing a hold of that over the past few years with the Yankees, and feel the same gravity with the Jets this offseason.

ouchy and westiedog1 like this.
  11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Well, legal tampering starts at 4:00pm tomorrow, so I see it being announced right around that time, if it actually happens. Otherwise Jets will start talking to other QBs.

#1131 Jets OG fan, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    SOJAZ and KingRoach like this.
  12. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

12 PM EST tomorrow is when it starts. If he agrees, they should lock it in today otherwise, time to move on and be ready to talk to others tomorrow.

KingRoach likes this.
  13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

At this point not sure what the holdup is…getting midday on Sunday…

Lon Chaney likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So you're saying acting like emotional teenage girls isn't the proper course of action?

LAJet likes this.
  15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Jalen Ramsey just got traded for a 3rd and a TE.

AR shouldn’t be more than a 3rd and a vet WR with a low cap. If we leverage his lack of commitment to multiple years then maybe just the 3rd

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here is what I forecast in my Chrystal Ball as a way to get a proactive leg up on this situation, and more so to select the beverage of choice to properly deal with the formal announcement.
    if:
    A) AR signs or
    B) AR moves on elsewhere

I'm thinking fine wine for path A and immediately worry about him actually sticking to his commitment, or bring out the hard stuff for option B, followed by a fuck it all, "we should have know that Carr was the best option and we blew it" thread, immediately followed by the new mega thread "where in the hell do we go from here" with a bunch of second tier game managers.
    I'm going liquor shopping next to cover all options. Cant wait

KWJetsFan likes this.
  17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

This is getting fucking stupid. At some point we need to cut bait. Make up your goddamn mind, this has gone on far too long already. Set a midnight deadline, if no answer, fuck him, time to move on

SOJAZ, Since1969 and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Relax. They are working to a different schedule than the fans

19. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Yeah well their schedule begins tomorrow with the start of the legal tampering period. We need a resolution by that time or we’re screwed

20. BroadwayAaron

That doesn’t make it smart. If this goes past noon tomorrow then JD is a moron.

SOJAZ and JetFanInNE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.