Aaron Rodgers was on Pat McAfee Show Today - AWESOMENESS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 2, 2023.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

your dreams suck

2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

This site gets a lot more enjoyable when you put him on ignore, trust me

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Amen to that. He's almost always dead wrong. He definitely is in this case.

The cap is supposed to be a good bit bigger next season, plus Lawson's and Corey Davis' contacts will be coming off the books. In addition, if they move on from Mosely they'd save $11 million on the cap. If they move on from Laken Tomlinson, that would save them $18 million on the cap. That's already $50 million in cap savings, and that doesn't even factor in how much the cap will increase ($20-$25 million?). Moving on from Uzomah would save another $6 million, so the Jets could easily have around $80 million in cap space with which to work in FA next year.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

WTF?

I'm open to you publicly posting all the times my predictions were wrong. Should be easy enough. I've been here 17 years and always wrong. You're an easy target dude. You post a lot of words but whenever it comes predictions its usually laughably wrong. In fact, you've never been right when we've debated. Or do you need to be reminded publicly of your past blunders?

BTW, Cutting Tomilson would save 8 million against the cap, not 18, as he has 10 million guaranteed in 2024. And it would still carry 5 million in dead cap for 2025/26. Mosley would save us 11 million, but also carry a 19 million dead cap number from 24-26. Lawson and Davis' contracts aren't on the books next year so mentioning them is a red herring, and we are currently nearly 30 million in the hole for 2024 from just the 33 contracts that carry over, and without even signing our rookie class or paying Q yet. Rodgers coming restructure is the only thing saving our future from complete implosion. You say ignorant things like, "tada, we have 80 million dollars in cap space next year just this easy", and then question me whose posts are always guided by logic and never clouded by fanboyism (I'm too old and jaded for that).

To the topic, WTF do you think is happening here - the start of a dynasty?
    We have been borrowing HEAVILY against our future for THIS season - 2023. This is JDs blaze of glory. After this season things are going to devolve into another rebuild pretty quickly. But it wont begin next year because our roster will see a huge turnover with limited cap space to replenish it, and no first round pick. Rodgers might take us somewhere this season but he isn't taking us anywhere next year. Thus it would be better to cash him out in 2024 to dump his contract and maybe get something back. That is, if its even possible.

A year from now when I'm proven right you'll have selectively forgotten this thread, like usual, in your tada dreams of Zach becoming mini Mahomes. Another prediction you were laughably wrong about. Post up my wrong predictions. Lets see um.

#44 ouchy, May 5, 2023
    Last edited: May 5, 2023
    BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I checked out after his asinine plan to trade for and develop Desmond Ridder.

The team is pretty well-positioned to have a good run of success (assuming good health). No telling how long we’ll have Rodgers, with luck Zach takes notes from the sideline and the light finally comes on by the time Rodgers walks away. Our core is still very young and won’t start getting expensive for another 3 years

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

My plan at the trade deadline last year to trade Moore for Ridder, giving us a viable young QB option going forward. Yes very asinine.
    You're clueless about what is currently taking place which means you should keep the cheap shots to yourself.

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I thought the AR thread would be the longest thread ever…

In all seriousness, it’s not just the predictions but the horrible suggestions for roster development.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Like what?

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

A couple posts ago you reminded people you wanted to trade for Desmond Ridder last year.

We can start (and end) there. I’m not really looking for a back and forth.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the dream you have when you drink Vietnamese snake wine.

11. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Listen up. I'm not American, I'm from the UK. I've supported our team for long enough and come over regularly with my sons-in-law to catch a game.

I love the sport and I love our team. I would hope that people participating on this forum would do so too.

Why is it necessary that people are unpleasant to each other on here? Even if we do not agree, can we lay off the personal insults? How about just getting along?

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Your plan like one month ago was trade for Desmond Ridder or Davis Mills

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Getting a young QB on the cheap who still has a chance of panning out, which allows to us finish a proper rebuild, wasn't a bad idea. Once you complete a solid rebuild you're positioned for sustained success. Most FOs in the league would have done it. Just not the ones who are worried about being fired at the end of the season. Giving away multiple high picks and taking on 100 million in guaranteed money with a roster that isn't SB caliber isn't some genius move. Why do you think we were ARs only suitor? Or did we just outsmart the rest of the league?

What we are doing now isn't called smart, its called desperate. But then again the entire fan base is desperate and impatient - kinda like when we reached for Zach. I realize after the QB failures we've endured having Rodgers feels like a breath of fresh air, but moves like this are why we will never have long term success. Doesn't mean this season wont be entertaining. But were not positioned for the SB, and this temporary amusement is going to set us back for several years going forward.

This is the second time we were in a position to build a sustainable winner (the 1st was the #2 pick), and once again we choose to desperately reached for a shiny QB instead of finishing the job. This will be JDs Jet legacy.

14. BroadwayAaron

I had to stop after your first sentence because your idea was to trade the 13th pick for Ridder (who isn’t good), a mediocre center and a 32 year old WR/RB. That is unquestionably a terrible idea.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A potential FQB, a promising young center, and an all purpose playmaker is a steal for a mid first. But in your world getting 3 players at positions of need for one pick is an unquestionably terrible idea.

The great name changing QB swami of TGG declaring Ridder not good is practically a ringing endorsement that he will succeed. And that "mediocre" center allowed zero sacks his first season as a starter and is younger and cheaper than McGovern. Patterson has 1900 all purpose yards and 19 TDs in two years in Atlanta. Unquestionably terrible idea to add a guy like that. He's 32.

Better to use our 1st on a developmental edge. That's the unquestionably much smarterest move.

16. BroadwayAaron

Couldn't even get past the first three words this time let alone first sentence.

KingRoach likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Repeatedly announcing you haven't read my argument is called losing the debate.

18. BroadwayAaron

It’s called realizing it’s not even worth showing up to the debate.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its called quitting, trolling, ADD, pointless, amongst other things.

Lets agree to not talk.

20. BroadwayAaron

Id argue suggesting to trade the 13th pick for a second year third round QB and a 32 year old WR/RB who will be off the team if by some act of god the bad QB turns into a franchise QB is trolling.