Aaron Rodgers, Robert Saleh and how the Jets’ season fell apart: ‘Something has to change’ (Article)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

The #Jets and Rex Hogan have mutually agreed to part ways, sources tell
    @snytv

not implying causality necessarily but guessing he's one of the leakers

HomeoftheJets and JetFanInPA like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Giving credence to this take is that they fired Douglas's right hand man Hogan, a plain attempt to "throw red meat to the masses" IMO. Even if that's all it was intended to be, at least part of this crappy FO is gone. Waiting for the other - bigger - shoe to drop now.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and dawinner127 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good analysis, even if it's not been confirmed (or true). We can only hope.

NCJetsfan, REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Hope is a scary thing. I was numb to the fact that Saleh would be back, but now there is a glimmer of hope he could be gone. I wonder if the FO and Woody saw that BB, Vrabel, and Pete didn't get jobs and are reevaluating their stance about backing Saleh week 14 or 15? Idk.

I also edited this below part in before you replied so not sure if you caught it --

EDIT - The Jets players are pretty active on Twitter/Social Media. Reed, Breece, Sauce and Becton have made their rounds on twitter defending/attacking their team. Just a few weeks ago they were crushing Keith Carter. The fact that none of these guys have defended the article and Saleh is pretty wild. Only DJ Reed came out and defended Hogan.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's so infuriating that Joe Douglas let Aaron Rodgers swing his dick around and allowed ANY of this. Aaron Rodgers is an even worse GM than Dick Steinberg was. The Rodgers trade will go down far worse than Neil O'Donnell in the history of Jets flubs and stupidity because of what's attached to it, especially something like this.

Aaron Rodgers just figured he'd bring in his useless friend and captain the O ship himself on the down low. Who even needs Hackett when I'm so Wayne's World, Excellent! Hackett is here just to suffer through Rodgers ashram bullshit and wo-rad opinions and shit.

Lest anyone forget, the Jets weren't in a heated competition with anyone for this walking diasaster. They were competing with themselves and they still lost.

Snatch Catch, Acad23 and ouchy like this.
  6. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

So i will start off by saying i do like Zack Rosenblatt from the Athletic but this article stinks. Here is why
    • Is there anything in this report that is new? We knew Hackett was bad, We knew the Jets told Zach Wilson they would trade him after benching. We knew the offense had issues. None of this is new.
    • The timing of this report was released on purpose to get the reaction, its slow nothing going on. They sat on this for weeks and need subscribers to their site
    • Diana Russini (who i don't like) clearly has a personal biased narrative against Aaron Rodgers (who publicly called her out for false reports)
    • They are saying 30 sources. that aren't named. You can say any # and there is no way to prove it.

I understand the Jets had issues last year but we knew that. To re react to again isnt going to do anything other then give bad story writers clicks.

Again, i do like Zack but he is starting to turn into Manish Mata a little bit

Acad23 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I've had Saleh's back a little bit as I think the General Manager is the bigger problem but after reading that article, its clear Saleh is a terrible choice for the future of this team.

-You dont handle leakers like that.
    -You dont get to cry about an injury like that when theres a whole season to play.
    -Raise the bar a little (or a lot) with your team and staff. If a HC knows the OC is light on prep work and not communicating with the position coaches, you fucking do something about it

The Jets need to clean house

papapump, Ralebird, Since1969 and 5 others like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I agree that none of it is new, but there is a different feeling about it when you just "know" it vs seeing it written in an article and publicized in front of your face. I'm not sure if I really explained that well, but I think of it like hearing about X situation is different than reading/viewing X situation. It just looks way worse now.

9. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

yea i know what you mean but that was the point of it. This sat on this for weeks when everyone was getting ready to move on and forget about last year. The Athletic is a paid for subscription service, notice there wasn't any "hit" stories when Connor Hughes was there. just my thoughts.

10. BrowningNagle

the Athletic is a very strong outlet. This isn't back page NY post fodder. They didn't really sit on elements of the story. The whole reason the article isn't a surprise is because they went public with a lot of it as it unfolded and this is just a summation. (Zach Wilson's reluctance to play for example was an The Athletic report)

People just didn't like the news

11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Agreed that the fact none of these dudes coming out to defend Saleh in the media is super telling.

I'm personally starting to think that maybe there is some crazy world where this media firestorm surrounding Saleh could lead to the nuclear option. Where a no other coaching options Bill B gets offered the opportunity to come back and takes it.

Woody loves his headlines, and there is probably limited juice left to squeeze out of declining skill Arod before that quickly becomes more back page side note stuff in year 2. Bill on the other hand absolutely puts us back at the top of them for at least another year.

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The ineptitude of the franchise has been clear to most of us, but whenever I'm on social media I'm consistently amazed at how many fans buy the excuses and illogically defend the organization.

Re: Rosenblatt and Russini, this article does feel personal for them but it's also not hard to see why given that the organization basically called them liars for their report about Wilson not wanting to play which was obviously factual.

NCJetsfan, Ralebird and dawinner127 like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All these unnamed sources coming from inside our own organization is a travesty. There are a lot of underlining issues but quite a bunch of Rossini BS as well in the write up. Fact is Hackett is way over his head, RS is way over his head, the JD/Hogan cluster fuck of personnel assessment is unacceptable. Blaming AR for the whole mess is in my opinion a pile of crap. He knows more about executing a game plan that the rest of the OC staff. This is a result of a dysfunctional ownership and inadequate leadership without the stones to make the tough call.

14. Kronoking

A pile of crap is hearing people continually try to protect and shift blame away from AR by making statements like this, and which forces one to conveniently ignore the surrounding reality that all of these other blame game people are only still here because *HE* wants them here. I mean AR's presence being the only thing standing in the way of a Hackett firing for example isn't even debatable at this point. You can't have it both ways there.

(Rossini also didn't become a "bs" reporter just because she dared piss Rodgers off by making a factual report btw. These reaching attacks need to stop already imo)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Horshit
    The owner wanted AR bad and jammed it down the leadership throat with whatever he wanted. They all caved in. AR he was the first to note what a disfunctional team we were becoming. Yet not one word of any of that was said by Rossini, no criticism whats so ever of the owner and JD by Rossini, who except for a couple of malcontents, has no clout whatsoever with the organization. This shit was there way before AR and will be there way after.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Kronoking

More deflection imo.

Again, you can't have it both ways there. If we can't fire the guys you want to point the blame game finger at because AR wants them here....that makes AR a big part of the current problem. And there is no way to rationally spin your way around that.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Disagree. A strong organization would fire RS and NH in a nano second and deal with it. They were massively incompetent and unable to adjust after AR went down. AR is a lot of things but not stupid and he knows the offense was a freaking circus of incompetence. They could have made a move to straighten that shit up and still fit AR game plan in it.

18. BrowningNagle

Rodgers is the only reason Hackett came here and is still here

I dont want Rodgers given any input on anything further again

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

AR has every right to have an input on the game plan to maximize his capabilities, like any other great QB. That is just nonsense.

nevbeats319 and REVISion like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

And the Jets have every right to ignore it. As they should

ouchy likes this.