Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Rodgers is 39.... yes, Father Time may throw a haymaker (granted he really didnt do it to me until 41)

fuckit, enjoy the ride. Can it get worse that what we've been used to

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He doesn't.

3. stinkyB

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rodgers didn't have a 300 yard game last year. Here's the stats in case you need to look at them:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/2022/advanced/

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I gotta admit.. This is a more fun Circus than the Rex years definetly.. :)

IIMeanDeanII, stinkyB and ouchy like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

7. Cman68

Just one thing folks.. Rodgers right now is still a Packer, not a Jet. He intends on being a Jet which is all well and good but he's still under contract with GB so its only partially his call on this. GB is gonna try to get everything they can out of this trade and JD shouldn't sell the farm to get this done either. This is still gonna take some time and work before its really official. I'll wait and see how this finally shakes out..

8. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I really don't understand all the BS being thrown around this forum. We will soon have a legitamate, motivated QB, who is far better than anyone we've had in many,many,many years. This a short term solution to help us win now. Who cares if he is past his prime, in his prime, has yet to peak..... its AAron Rodgers, not Joe Flacco. I don't understand any objections. His signing will cost, but so what. Everything good costs. Unless you are all teenagers, get real. You want to eat a great steak in a fine restaurant, its gonna cost. You want to vacation in a great hotel...And so on.
    Maybe he plays for 1 year, maybe 2, maybe more. Maybe he somehow helps ZW to take over. Maybe not. What's the downside here? We didn't sign a Carr or Jackson to a longer term deal? Its the "longer term" that would have scared me. So we again are on the hook for a QB when AR leaves? So be it. Enjoy life while you can. Tomorrow may disappoint. Carr and Jackson may disappoint. But Woody wanted the star, he owns the team and his say counts. He got the star. All of us fans got the star.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

But it also means they are going to lose out on 2023 picks and then get 2024 picks that will most likely be 5-10 spots lower.

BradysTornACL and dawinner127 like this.
  10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Worst post of the day. Oh my God bickety. Leave Namath alone man. What the heck?

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Of course OK to feel that way. @Jonathan_Vilma has a great post about it. Can't dig it now. Not a move to fall in love with or not a move to hate it. I like it for 2 reasons. 1)Familiarity with Rodgers 2) Corey Davis was hurt too much last season and I rather have somebody more durable.

KY Jets Fan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. Cman68

Suppose GB wants Garrett Wilson? You good with that trade? Suppose GB wants Sauce? Suppose GB wants Hall? How about our 1st rd picks for the next 3 years??There are limits and I don't think JD should gut the team for a 2 year rental. GB will try to get all they can so be careful what you wish for. Especially if Woody gets involved again..

Br4d, IIMeanDeanII and Section 336 like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Captain religion is bashing people with substance abuse issues? Pretty offensive to the people that either share the same struggle or live with people who do/did.

#873 BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  14. stinkyB

I wish I had another set of arms so I could give this post FOUR thumbs down

15. stinkyB

Calm down man, you know that's not gonna happen....

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  16. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

You really think the Jets would do that? Of course GB will try to get as much as possible. And the Jets give as little as possible. Money we can discard. It's only Woody's.Who cares how much money we give to GB, unless it somehow affects the cap. But I think money covers bonus, whatever, not salary. Players and picks, I don't in my wildest dream see us giving one of our young great players. Nope. The 13th pick? Yeah, a possibility. So what. Our number 2 pick a few years ago crapped the bed, who's to say the 13th wouldn't have done the same. I do think we won't have to give it. I could be wrong. But you somehow have to trust the management to negotiate something liveable.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Yeah they need to get Woody preoccupied with something else. Dude is clueless when it comes to negotiating.

Cman68 and stinkyB like this.
  18. stinkyB

C'mon maaaaaan

You hop on the boat worrying that it may break down.... or the Cap'n can't find the fish?

Fuck that, we're going big game taming, ready to stick a gaff in a big trophy..... LETS FUCKING GO!

19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

sheesh i must be a simpleton

to me the issue isn't whether we're getting Aaron in his prime. We're not. one can argue Denver didn't get Peyton in his prime, or we didn't get Vinny in his prime

the issue is whether it was good under the circumstances. ANd whether or not JD screwed up choosing Zach or Gase screwed us winning a game is water under the bridge, sunk costs for what needed to be done today

i think it makes a lot of sense. Can only improve offense compared to last year. Gives some runway to see if Zach is a bust or fixable

he's a 1 or 2 year guy so makes no sense to dick around. that's why getting guys he's familiar with deserves some attention

Let's go!!!

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

JD is involved in a giant game of chicken with Packers right now.
    Let’s hope he doesn’t back down. The Packers will definitely blink at some point.

burf, papapump, Br4d and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.