Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

He’s terrible now.

2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Two cents always welcomed... I understand your point, but don't think the team is as close as you, & others do.
    That collapse at the end of last season, wasn't an anomaly. There are holes that need to be fixed, & to me, Saleh is a huge question mark. He lost control of the team, & now with the addition of a powerful personality, there will be other unforeseen issues introduced into the mix.
    I imagine that AR being an all-time great will help to some degree, especially with the young guys on O, and that AR & Hackett being on the same page will help, but Saleh hasn't shown himself as being up to the task of keeping players focused, & with AR in the picture, there'll be lots of distractions.
    Building a sustained winner takes patience, & skipping a step doesn't often lead to happiness.
    We'll see how it plays out.

BTW... anyone know what time McAfee's show rolls?

ouchy likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Even so, if he's the "sweetener" for Rodgers, and they don't have to pay him or play him much, I'm ok with signing him. There are worse ways to waste money and roster space.

KingRoach and SOJAZ like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are probably spot on, but I rather Moore than dishing out extra draft picks. I also think that Davis will flourish with AR a lot more than people might think. I also see one more WR coming in.

5. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

The show just started. He says he doesn't know anything yet.

burf likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

I agree that one of the reasons that the Jets want Rodgers is not only to provide a mentor for Zach (even in a passive way), but also to provide some much needed quality experience and leadership on "O". And yes, that might ruffle Saleh's feathers a bit, but too bad. Saleh might well have been let go with his buddy MLF if the possibility of getting Rodgers wasn't so real. Saleh should be thankful that he still has a job, and that with Rodgers and Hackett he won't have to worry about the offense.

hornblower and SOJAZ like this.
  7. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

yeah but at what point is it just us humiliating ourselves?

8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Zach wilson has very little to do with them trying to bring in Rogers other than him sucking so badly that the Jets were forced to look elsewhere for a competent quarterback.

9. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

You would think Davis needs to go in order to get some cap room to sign Lazard. I'm not sure how I feel about that swap. My gut is that Davis is better, but given the familiarity with Rodgers, it's probably a wash.

LAJet likes this.
  10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

It better be fucking desperate, we haven't made the playoffs in 12 years!!

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

He did say something like AJ should know in an hour.

Not sure what that means. I guess I'll check back on the show at 1:00pm.

12. ColoradoContrails

There are far more - and worse - examples of us "humiliating" ourselves.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

I think he has more to do with it than you want to believe.

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more... time to man up Saleh. You got a ye year one, last year, IMHO you lost the team during the slide, now its time to get you stuff together and be the HC we envisioned or GTFO!

burf and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I remember when the talk was they needed to bench Zach because you can't sacrifice the development of the young players for the development of Wilson. The argument was Wilson will be getting experience but at the detriment to guys like G. Wilson and Moore.

What better way than to develop your core offense skill players than to have a HOF QB throwing passes to them? It will do a ton of good when it comes to honing their skills and getting them experience. This can not be overlooked, but I think it has. Rodgers is tough on his receivers if they screw up and I see this as a good thing. Shit, Wilson was beyond excited when he thought he had total confirmation that Rodgers was coming. You know this guy will benefit greatly from Rodgers and so will Moore of he survives the trade.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What do we need for an announcement at this point - drum rolls, while children sing folk songs about Rodgers greatness?

Acad23 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your concerns particularly the Saleh comment but I do disagree with the bold. The collapse was caused by loosing two all pro candidates and best O players in one game for the season , myriad of injuries to the OL on top of it BUT mostly due to zero QB performance down the stretch. Yet we were in each and every game till the end, short a drop pass by Berrios for as TD and a pathetic return for a TD kick off by NE. Our D was stellar thru it all. Change nothing but AR in there and we were better than Miami and NE hands down and competitive as hell against the rest. I'm not saying we are KC, but by God we can give any team a run for the money with a top QB defenses actually have to account for..

18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Oof. You’re going to be bummed out when we trade Davis and a 4th for Donald

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Live look in at Zach Wilson

[​IMG]

20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I believe today marks the one year anniversary of Rogers signing his extension in Green Bay. By league rules no official contract renegotiation can happen until one year after the original contract signing so, there's that.

JetsFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.