Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

The other Jets board banned me and I just wished them well with Rodgers. I don’t understand why.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know that we hate the Packers. I've always kind of liked them, and the incredible tradition they have.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't love the idea of trading Moore - I still think he could be a great player with half decent QB play and or an OC who utilizes him well. But his attitude is worrisome enough that there's some risk is in relying on him.

What I do love is, if Moore gets dealt, drafting Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 13 and playing him in the slot with Lazard and Wilson wide :cool:

Lon Chaney and JackBower like this.
  4. ArodtoJennings

I wished you guys well on the other Jets nation board and now I’m banned or restricted. It seems this board is more full of cool Jet fans.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Didn't he request a trade? The Jets might just give him his wish.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If shipping out Elijah Moore keeps us from adding in another pick or trading a higher pick then it’s a no-brainer. Ship his ass out.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

They're probably on edge with all this Rodgers stuff and thought you were trolling.

8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, I agree. Moore may be quick with pads off but everytime I watch him in game film he’s slow. He runs slow routes, and is really slow in and out of cuts. I don’t know if he’s mentally behind and just not able to let it fly or if this is who he really is. But his attitude of dogging it and requesting trades doesn’t really endear me to him. Being honest GW has the same kinda attitude a bit but he’s also shown he’s mega talented. Moore hasn’t.

9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

This!!! Jaxon is a stud.

10. ArodtoJennings

I’m not I promise. Seriously nothing but love for you guys.

11. BroadwayAaron

JSN is a stud but if we sign Lazard and keep 13, theres no way we go anywhere other than OL with that pick.

JetFanInNE and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

GB is my back up team.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Why would Jets fans hate the Packers? They are rivals the same way the Jaguars and the Saints are rivals. Now Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Giants. That is a different story.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

I’ve never disliked the Packers and my trip to Lambeau this year only solidified how awesome the whole Packers package deal is. Great building, great town, great fans. All that being said, I fucking unleashed on the guy behind me who kept calling DJ Reed a midget saying that Lazard should catch 10 passes on him the second the clock hit triple zero

15. ArodtoJennings

I was there in January and you won’t believe how it’s like a ghost town. I did the Stadium tour and I was the only one that did it lol.

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I remember you well over there, you’ve been there a while and never was anything but respectful.

17. ArodtoJennings

Yeah they hated me there and I don’t know why. I noticed you guys over here are super nice. I remember after you whooped us last year you guys were cool about it. Thanks again for that.

burf likes this.
  18. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I can't help but be very skeptical of this trade going our way. 35+ years of rooting for this team has that effect on you...
    BUT

1. Esiason is so damn confident of it getting done - so much so that it seems he has inside knowledge of it.
    2. Wingo was the only guy who had the Jets actually meeting with Rogers. His tweet about this deal being done hasn't been walked back.
    3. Why the hell would Woody and co. fly to CA to meet with the guy if it wasn't to iron out all the final details. Would you do that just to "sell him" on coming here? That would be unprecedented.
    4. Green Bay is acting as if he had a great career with them and they will re-sign him so he can retire as a Packer. They moved his jersey from page 1 to page 7 on thir You don't talk that way about your most important player (especially a guy like Rogers that hears all and seems to be spiteful and hold grudges) if he is coming back to play for you.
    5. Jordan Love has been quiet. This might not be as big of a deal as the rest of the reasons, but wouldn't he request a trade if he wasn't going to get a chance to play for the next 2 years?
    6. Joe Douglas let Derek Carr sign with the Saints, Jimmy G. sign with the Raiders, Mike White go to Miami...I can't imagine that they would be this silent on all other QB fronts if this deal wasn't essentially done. Based on Jets front office history, this has to be the most buttoned up I've ever seen them. It is how things should be run, but goddamn, we aren't used to it.
    7. Jordan Love's jersey is 1st on the Packers website team shop under "jerseys." Rogers' jersey doesn't come up until page 6 (this might just be circumstantial and minor evidence, but it is something.)
    6. $$ - there is just too much money for Rogers to walk away from.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

But...but....but...Woody Johnson!!!

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Heard the best reason yet why we haven't heard anything from Rogers. One year ago today Rogers signed his $150M extension. League rules say you cannot redo or modify a contract until it is at least one year old. That means as of today, GB or the Jets can officially restructure Rogers contract. How much will the Packers absorb, and how much the Jets will eat is still a mystery, but they can officially do a new contract today to make it more team and trade friendly for the Jets.

This is why we haven't heard anything, it might not be Rogers, but instead the Jets or GB waiting because of the money in the current contract.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.