Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I feel you.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dov is a self-aware ChatGPT.

Wut? and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He is not an official insider.

He no more credible than any other guy with a podcast. Sure, some of them do have sources, and sometimes those sources turn out right.

A lot of times they don't too.

It hasn't been officially announced. By anyone.

So, great, Wingo knows.

I don't.

The rest of the world hasn't had ANYTHING confirmed. Nothing.

Until that happens.

This is just more noise In a long stream of shit.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Poor @Brook! got wall to wall meetings for the next 2 days

NY Jets68 and Brook! like this.
  6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Because it's f*ck the Packers for a flighty, narcissistic weirdo whose girlfriend has finally got the courage to dump him and move on after he put her through hell for the last few years, and there's every reason for the Jets to go along with the wink, wink, nudge, nudge - Woody wants a star QB. Woody's a whore for it, and everyone knows this; I actually see this as being right in his lane as long as there's plausible deniability to them technically not knowing until a formal announcement. I fully believe that there is truth to the Packers being completely in the dark because I believe Rodgers to be super petty. He's bitter about the breakup.

And it HAS leaked out. But the leaks aren't from the big reporters because, as shown above, Rodgers has an open bravado about them not being able to get news on him. That clip is really telling to me - a month ago he very specifically wanted the world to know that the best NFL reporters in the business will not get news on him first.

To be clear, I'm not trying to argue any position on this as if I know it to be fact, I'm just trying to connect the most logical/provable dots of a truly bizarre situation that are in the public forum in order to try and make some sense of it all.

Since1969 likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't even remind me :(

sozopol likes this.
  8. rockyusmc2003

True, but in fairness, he credited Wingo in his tweet.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Except Wingo worked for ESPN and hosted shows with those guys. That's way different than some random guy on a podcast but you do you. Have a good night

10. IIMeanDeanII

This is fantasy land to me. This isn't how things work. Period.

Teams don't just wait to let players announce things. Transactions happen. Paperwork is filed. These things get reported to the league.

I'm supposed to believe that Aaron Rodgers has already told the Jets he's coming here but to be quiet about It until he makes the big reveal?

You think the Packers are In on It too? Considering I have no doubt they are pressuring this thing at this point considering It's all holding up the current FA tampering period.

.. but because Rodgers Is so special, the Jets are letting him take his sweet time at this point, take all the time you need approach.

No fucking way any of that makes sense.

11. IIMeanDeanII

WORKED

Past tense. He's not an official spokesman.

He's not different than any other podcast guy out there today.

12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

That's fine, again, I'm not saying that this is what's happening and you're stupid if you don't believe me. I'm just aggregating information and trying to put it together - it's just the best I can arrive at with the data we have.

And no, I don't think the Packers are in on anything, I specifically said I think Rodgers is enjoying keeping them in the dark because he's bitter and petty.

Also, I don't necessarily think Rodgers has told the Jets straight up, but possibly more of his agent checking in with Douglas and telling him things like, "be patient, Joe, just be patient".

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... if the Jets & Packers have come to an agreement, & AR is all-in with the Jets, how does that hurt free-agency? Both teams are, I'm sure, working the phones & their cap situations, since they both know the parameters of the deal.

As for leaks, nothing has been leaked, maybe because everyone is in agreement. Which party in this charade, stands to gain by leaking anything?

Of course, everything is speculation, but precedent was set last year, when AR announced his extension on McAfee... so we know the Packers went along with it last year. And obviously, AR would be fine announcing it himself. So, what do the Jets have to lose by staying quiet, & allowing their new QB his desire to announce it on McAfee?

Again, it's all speculation, but being the 'eccentric' AR is, it makes eccentric sense for him to announce it on McAfee.
    Of course, the other side of me thinks AR & the Jets are in agreement, but the Packers are drawing things out, to pressure the Jets to up the compensation.
    It all depends on how my tea leaves fall... so, I'll wait til tomorrow to see how things play out.

NY Jets68 and AG3 like this.
  14. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

The longer Rodgers drags this out the more it hurts the Jets ability to add pieces around him in free agency. If he stays in GB or retires he screws the Jets by having effectively tied JD's hands during free agency waiting for the diva to make up his mind. I can't believe Rodgers doesn't know what he is going to do yet. He's just being a jerk at this point.

ouchy, JetFanInNE and Bellys Lies like this.
  15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Tell you what, Rogers retiring at this point is just wrong. Disrespectful towards Jets ownership and managers. They may be a laughingstock within the league but they don’t deserve that.

Which is why I think he becomes a Jet. And he is working behind the scenes to recruit players he wants to make the move more successful for him.

vokab206 likes this.
  16. rockyusmc2003

17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

nah. its THE JETS. logic doesnt belong

Snatch Catch likes this.
  19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

wtf do think the Jets "deserve"

for me? fall alseep in their own puke puddle. buncha cant get a QB mfers

20. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The Reddit dude was legit and had a track record of inside info. Unfortunately, Nania inadvertently exposed him in a tweet. The Reddit account and Nania's tweet were both deleted within minutes. Hopefully, Reddit guy (if he's inside) or his contact doesn't get fired.

The gist of the post was that Rogers is a done deal, and there's another deal the Jets have completed but not yet announced.

ouchy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.