Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If this doesn't happen.

Man. This board will be something.

ouchy likes this.
  2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

It is obvious to everyone the Jets are not Rogers pick he wanted and he doesn't want to play for NYJ. The Jets are the only team even asking for him now. I say if he doesn't commit fully to the Jets by noon tomorrow and rework his deal, the Jets should pull out of the agreement. It would destroy GB and bring them crawling back to us. They can't make Rogers retire and he is guaranteed a shit ton of money from a shitty contract they were stupid enough to make with him. Any power GB has in the negotiations is gone. The Jets better not give up a 1st round pick for the drama queen. At this point they shouldn't give up a 2nd round pick. I want a QB who is excite to be in NY and who wants to be a Jet, not a nut bang who can't make up his mind.

3. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well if JD is still waiting or hasn’t have the deal in place, I hope JD reaches to Lamar and ask about what he is looking for.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The one sure prediction we can make is...it'll be something either way.

If there is one sure thing the Jets have, its something.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That would signify pure panic mode.

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I personally think that Rodgers has in fact informed the Jets, wants to do things his own way (he specifically denies Rapoport and Schefter being able to report on him in that clip above from a month ago), has told the Jets to prepare for him coming when FA opens but STFU otherwise, and that he is going to make the announcement on his regular Tuesday appearance on McAfee, as burf alluded to earlier in the thread.

I'm not saying I'm positive that this is the way it's going down, but I see it as the most logical and evidence-supported path I can find at this point in time.

burf and JetFanInPA like this.
  7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I really think he's just waiting to make the announcement himself tomorrow. I bet things are being ironed out behind closed doors and the pieces will come together publically tomorrow

8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

He will tell the world on Mcafee. Does not care it puts us on hold at the start of free agency. If he was excited about coming to the Jets you would think over this time period some leaks would be coming out. If he is coming here to boost his post nfl career which I think he is and makes total sense but not great for the Jets. Arod sees Brady making 350 million post NFL ,and thinks he can make more retired from NFL than playing. I think we are screwed both ways trade for Rodgers and get the guy who is working just as hard about his post -nfl career as he is at training . We are going to have to pay for him for a long time,but if we do not do the trade we are left with Lamar,who will cost 2 1st and probably at least 210 million guar.for a guy who has not played beyond wk 13 the last 2 yrs. Would make us a great offense when he is available, but extremely costly. If not either of them then what? Kirk Cousins? Tannyhill?

ouchy likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

not really. Why not talk to Lamar to see what he wants as JD knows him. Didn’t say make an offer. I mean if they are in fact waiting for AR, why not out some pressure on him.

Ralebird and JetFanInNE like this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its after 5:00 on the west coast. Looks like we wont hear anything till tomorrow, if we're lucky.

11. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I'm confused why you think this means anything. Rapoport specifically said the teams haven't got a word from Aaron. That has nothing to do with Aaron's inner circle.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

When the Jets signed Namath it was fun, exciting and Joe was charming.

Rodgers' signing is fun, exciting and Aaron is cringeworthy.

Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  13. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Why would the Jets and the Packers allow this guy to announce the news of a trade on the McAfee show and wait until Tuesday (hurting BOTH teams' free agency plans). You know DAMN well that there is no shot news would stay quiet of an agreed trade if Rodgers asked them to wait until McAfee. That shit would leak out like wildfire, no one, especially Woody, would respect that.

Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and ouchy like this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Why is Wingo not good enough for you? He's obviously plugged with Rodgers or the Packers.

He nailed the Randall Cobb thing last year or 2 years ago, gets traded for then Rodgers returns 2 days later. He was the first one (by 8 hours) to announce that we were flying out and now he announced the Rodgers is a done deal.

Rodgers has specifically stated that he hates Rap and Schefter and it's so obvious they are out of the loop. Why are we waiting for them? It's a done deal. Enjoy it MeanDean! We finally get above average QB for an entire year for the first time in a decade. It is time to celebrate!!!

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The circus always begins with a parade.

16. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

How many times have these exact words been said in this order the past week, week plus? I’ll believe it when I see it

Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and ouchy like this.
  17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Well, it hasn't leaked has it. After all the hurdles, mountains and obstacles the Jets have cleared in the last months if Rogers wants to be the one to announce he's chosen the Jets that's a small price to pay. There's been no news on either Thielen or Lazard because they are most likely signing with the Jets.

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Not what I wanted to hear.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You don’t think basically every player celebrating is enough of a sign? Or do you think they were just basing that off the Wingo tweet? Lol. Rodgers is a Jet, chill.

Everything is a vibe with the Jets right now then I come here and it a bunch of old crotchety men that would complain about money falling from the sky.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What would you say if I told you "Dov Kleinman" isn't a journalist but actually just some guy with a Twitter account who may not even be a real person?

IIMeanDeanII and JetFanInNE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.