Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I already responded to all of your examples about said reporter being “shady” or a “liar,” (kudos to you for retracting the liar label). And all you really did was reiterate your belief that the truth was stretched and talk about how redditors (who you cited as an example of her being shady because Cleveland Reddit fans 10 years ago said so) have valuable information sometimes.

It’s just getting silly, man. Sometimes what happens on the surface is what actually happened and it doesn’t need some backend interpretation and over explanation by someone who defends everything the Jets do at all costs.

JohnnyJet, Ralebird, papapump and 3 others like this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

You can't off this on one reporter whom you don't like. The story carried three bylines: Zach Rosenblatt, Russini and Jeff Howe.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I know we don't agree much, but I think that's what it's looking like. Russini's report over the summer was that Rodgers created a wish list of players he wants JD to get. This was not entirely accurate. Rodgers refuted that and said JD approached him for recommendations on players, ask him about their practice habits, etc, things like that. It's different than Rodgers giving JD the list, which sounds very negative. I think the same exact things is happening now. She is just not getting 1st hand information and made a mountain out of a mole. And didn't even ask Zach for comment before assassinating his character. This is not good journalism.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Rats usually move towards cheese, interesting in AR's case he scurried away from it.
    Then again rats do seem to love NYC.

I'm kind of sick of AR already.

Since1969 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i found a couple from a google search but there was more. I'm not going on a mission to disprove her. people can believe what they want. to me she's not credible. the rodgers report from earlier this year was all that I needed to write her off. we have so many beat reporters in a huge market that it would have been reported by multiple people. believing 1 source even if you find it credible is why fake news spreads so fast. any real report will have multiple reputable people reporting it. the oach denied it, the players involved denied it and zach is starting this week which makes it look more bogus. she even doubled down and said zach refused to start after that and saleh said he hadn't asked him or made a decision yet and this was monday. it's the 2nd time she's done it to us this year alone but hey like I said believe what you want. people want to believe it because they hate zach just because he's a bad QB and she knows it so well done on her for stirring up gossip

6. GasedAndConfused

the other 2 used the 1st one as a source. that's how misinformation gets spread.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

exatly. she did no real journalism. a real reporter lets say if an "anonymous source" said hey zach was asked to start and he isn't sure he wants to would go to zach and tell him that and take a statement from him. it sounds like a huge twisting of words. saleh himself said he hasn't made a decision yet at that point. they brought in a 3rd QB that same day too. he was weighing his options and likely getting opinions from everyone involved. she even took it as far to say "zach was asked to start and basically said nah i'm good" which has been 100% debunked already.

IDK if you watched zachs interview today but he's either a really good liar or the report was nonsense. all the reporters kept trying to trip him up and zach was like "there was nothing to address, my teammates know how I feel already" there was also an interview with qunicy after that report and nowhere did he seem to have any idea about that either. it's jsut a case of people wanting more reasons to hate the kid. I don't get it but then again I remember steelers fans harassing tommy maddox's children while they were walking to school and trashing his house. fans are just shitty sometimes. IDK why it's so hard to say he sucks it didn't work out, it is what it is.

8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

So to clarify, for *you* that all adds up much better that it was really just pure random coincidence that Joe D looked over the entire free agent pool and ended up with Lazard and Cobb on his want-to-buy list? Then in yet another example of pure coincidence just so happened it was 2 WR with their former QB incoming to our roster, and who he only then and after-the-fact went to get those advice thoughts on? And that Russini just looked at the FA pool beforehand, channeled her inner Edgar Casay, and simply ended up guessing exactly right on everything on this supposed list-that-didn't-exist with exception of the 39yo clearly washed up TE on the full brink of retirement? With the guy who clearly had the most to lose claiming it's not true, with zero chance anybody else in on it was going to come forward to dispute that, being the highlight of your "well there you go" push back logic?

I've give you this. That adds up in the grander scheme of things about as equally well as your absolute insistence Rodgers gets a full blame game pardon on the hiring of Hackett, but while still wanting to simultaneously acknowledge the fact now that Hackett can't be fired regardless of what has arguably the worst stretch of offensive coaching in NFL history directly because Rodgers wants him here :)

#48 Kronoking, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

i mean lazard on most FA WR lists was top 3. it was a weak class and he was miscast as a WR1 after adams left but we signed him as a WR3. cobb was a WR5. boyle was a PS QB who wasn't even on the active roster until rodgers got hurt. are we really complaining about a mid tier FA, a 5th string, and a practice squad player? it makes perfect sense we would want to bring in players comfortable with the system and the QB. lazard was the only one who got a real contract and again it was him, myers, and juju as the top 3 FA WRs this offseason which is pretty damn weak. but she made it sound liek we had to have certain players or he wasn't coming. that wasn't the case. asking a QB if he wants anyone and getting some of those guys is a different story. also on the "list" like she made it sound was mercedes lewis who we obviously didn't sign. all she did was take a bunch of packers FAs and said rodgers demanded them to the jets and rodgers said that not even remotely true.

what it seems like is she takes normal conversations with people, takes 1 part of them, and twists it into something big. like if you asked me hey what did you eat today and i said I had some KFC but it wasn't very good. she would go and say sources tell me GAC hates KFC and refuses to eat it. same thing joe B did with the "are you kidding me" text

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Not a coincidence, it is likely that a GM of the team would ask an opinion of a top QB on this team on the FAs he thinks would be successful in this system. Rodgers could have put in a good word for the players he knows work ethic of, attitude, etc... Lazard had 850 yards that season, and even Russini commented the Jets wanted him outside Rodgers, whether it is true or not. Also players could have reached out to the Jets, like OBJ, because they want to play with Rodgers, and Rodgers could have recommended them based on his experience.

This is different than putting a list and giving it to the GM, saying I want these players. Everything doesn't have to be an incitement on Rodgers.

11. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

"Aaron Rodgers has provided the NY Jets with a wish-list of free agents he would like them to target and acquire, per sources. It includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and….Odell Beckham Jr."

That was the tweet. *She's* not the one twisting anything out to be something big, or the one making any undesirable to Rodgers interpretations some might choose to make out of the report after-the-fact. There was more Rodgers' own clearly defensive clap back on McAfee, and you here now grasping at whatever you can (regardless if it ultimately adds up to make any sense or not) as long as it holds the line on your own desired narrative here.

I mean seriously. A few of you are so dug in with blinders on the absolute insistence that not a speck of this 2023 stink gets stuck on Rodgers you can't even look at this after-the-fact and rationally chalk it up as a reporter doing her job. Which the most rational explanation in hindsight by far would suggest she did well, and that there was indeed a list she didn't just make up. Instead you guys just flat out trash her and her integrity. You make up and greatly exaggerate claims of past sins to support that. Then some go as far in other cases as to label any direct push back of such as amounting to conspiracy theories, while never actually even addressing any of direct challenges to the glaring holes in your logic head on. It HAS to be all or nothing with some of you guys. Absolutely no middle road interpretations here, and absolutely no willingness to acknowledge or apply even apply partial accountability for ANY of the decisions that Rodgers clearly played a role in.

To re-quote another poster in this thread - It’s just getting silly, man. Your world isn't going to crumble down around you in the event Rodgers gets held to a little of the accountability blame here.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

and rodgers flat out said "that never happened, she made it sound like I walked in the building with a list of players I wanted" https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/aaron-rodgers-scoffs-at-idea-he-gave-jets-a-wish-list/
    also she isn't doing her job in a sense of reporting or journalism. she is doing a job of "click baiting" and you and others are just falling for it. doing her job correctly would require a comment from others and more vetting. all she did was claim a "source" told her something. real reporting would have been to go to zach and tell him "I have a source that you don't want to play if asked, what is your comment on this" honestly she isn't even worth talking about. you believe what you want. most of the "reporters" are trash it's not just her. all they want to do is stir up shit for clicks. there is very little real reporting these days.

as far as rodgers goes. I've never seen such a big deal made over bringing in a PS QB, a 5th string WR, and a WR3 who was considered a top 3 on the market in the FA class. all 3 cost a combined under 13mil a year. honestly cook was a much worse signing then any of them. Odell cost like 15-16mil on his own and glad we didn't do that

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This is funny. You guys are arguing over nuance, and you in particular, are standing your ground so hard that you can't even make sense of it anymore. I respect that you will never back down and will keep arguing a point, but in this case you've gone overboard.

The whole point that's trying to be made here is that she was correct about the list. The only arguable factor is whether or not she made it out to be a demand or if she called it a wishlist as a general term. It seems to me, she called it a wishlist, when it could've been called a demand, or it could have just been called a list of names that were mentioned. So in effect, the nuance you're arguing over is what you interpret the intent of the tweet to be.

And at the end of the day it doesn't matter at all. She was right about the players, and that is what matters, not how it's interpreted. That is not Clickbait, I'm sorry. That is reporting, and she was correct so it is good reporting. Not every article has to have a source attached to it, especially if it's not denigrating anyone or breaking some sort of negative story. If every reporter needed multiple sources to publish a story, you would only have one story from one reporter.

Ralebird and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

I also don’t get the insinuation that if the source isn’t Rodgers for the list of players or Wilson directly regarding not wanting to play, then it’s somehow completely false.

Rodgers has wanted players on teams before. He was fuming mad when they cut John Kuhn a number of years ago and wanted Cobb back on the Packers.

Sources come in all shapes and sizes and if every reported rumor (especially the ones that come true) needs to come direct from the sources mouth, then the word rumor wouldn’t even really exist in this world.

Reporters seldom get direct negative reports directly from the person it’s negative about. What a silly concept.

The_Darksider likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well at least we dodged Marcedes Lewis, for all the good it did us.

JohnnyJet and The_Darksider like this.
  16. The_Darksider

Yes, things might have fallen apart and had a circus like atmosphere had he been here.

JohnnyJet and abyzmul like this.
  17. The_Darksider

This is a good point as well, hadn't really considered that. I never even thought of him being the source, kind of thought it came from people involved, but disputing its veracity just seems like arguing a point for the sake of arguing. Which is done a lot here, so there's that.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Have you ever worked in a warehouse? He reminds me of the old guy who everyone likes but doesn’t really do too much physical labor anymore. But he’s also the only guy left who knows how to flawlessly use the shipping software that was last updated in 1998 and you can’t use a mouse on.

Talk about working the pension system. He’s played longer than Peyton Manning.

JohnnyJet and abyzmul like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think he was the source on the Wilson stuff. But I mean our fellow poster is saying because Rodgers said the whole list of players thing isn’t true because I didn’t say it that reporter, it means it’s not true. Which is silly.

There are dozens of people in the building that could’ve known about his request to get certain players here, he doesn’t have to be the source of that information.

The_Darksider likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

what point. I don't find her or really most reporters credible. it's all click bait. people can believe what they want. I'm not out to convince anyone anything. I'm literally the only one here i've ever seen change my mind on something, so i know who i'm talking to. the "stand your ground" is all projection from people who constantly do it.

I mean you yourself are saying rodgers had a list still despite him saying that never happened so who's really digging in here? even if you want to argue symantics he flat out said never happened. he didn't ask for anyone. the team asked his opinion on players and he gave it but that was it. we signed hackett first, we signed lazard after hackett but before the rodgers trade. hackett was in GB with these same players as the OC. it stands more likely hackett wanted these players for his system. JD is known to do that for his coaches like most GMs do but hey it doesn't fit the conspiracy theory narrative.

as far as being right about the players it's an educated guess anyone could have made and no she got half the players right. hell most of us here guess plenty of FAs we go after. it's common sense. passing it off as some inside scoop and a wishlist from a QB though is nonsense but again it works because she gets her 15min.