Aaron Rodgers’ Injury - Return Date Watch

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jixxjr, Sep 11, 2023.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

As for a new QB being brought in I would think they give him up until around the bye week to get up to par in order to actually start if needed…..

Of course you never know what’s going to happen ….

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. mrjet80

There’s not a lot of viable choices unfortunately ….

McCoy could be an option too.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Bring in Nick Foles. There’s a good chance we will need to try some sort of spark after what’s likely to be a tough stretch of games ahead.
    Have to ready some sort of contingent option. Owe it to the rest of team and the fans.

Also bring in Jason Peters for same reason.

4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Stepping back onto the field at age 40 after such a serious injury probably runs the risk of being permanently disabled for life, if another similar injury occurs. Would this risk be worth it to a guy who is financially set for life and has nothing more to prove?

For all we know, maybe the guy wanted to retire (remember the 90% retired talk in darkness retreat?) and was forced into returning this season for whatever reason. Rodgers risking his future welfare for one more season seems like a long shot at this point.

From a team standpoint, AR's return in 2024 will continue the instability and lack of continuity in the Jets QB room, once again leaving Zach and anyone else who will be here in limbo. Not many silver linings in this dark turn of events.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Me personally, I don't think they sign anyone of note or that can supplant him. They don't have the foresight to do so or they already would have done that and had a REAL back up and making ZW the 3. I'm of the mind that they are going to ride out ZW for the remainder of the season in the hopes the weapons stay fairly healthy as does the line and see if he grows so they know if they need to move on next year or not.(I think they know - but he was #2 overall so this is the last shot) There is no guarantee that AR comes back, so if ZW goes 4-13, 5-12. 6-11 we likely end up in the top 10 and draft the QB of the future and roll from there.

6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Peters signed with Seattle

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/09/seahawks-to-host-t-jason-peters#ref=home

NCJetsfan and BacktoQueens like this.
  7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I don't disagree with the first part. I just wouldn't bank on him returning as anything close to the Aaron Rodgers we've seen. The physical injury will heal, he just won't be the same fearless QB he was. If he were younger, sure. But, by now, his doctors have matter-of-factly said something to him like, "This sort of injury is common with older athletes." For a guy who's gone down like that ten thousand times before with no problem, he'll never get that out of his head. Best hope is that he can adapt his game so that his arm and his experience keep him in the top third of all QB's.

Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  8. mrjet80

JetFanInNE likes this.
  9. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Cruel, pain, etc.- words we are all too familiar with as Jet fans.

However, this team has been on an upward trajectory with Saleh, and they have more talent than last year. 9-11 wins should still be the expectation. They won 7 with Zach/Mike White last year without AVT, Breece, and Dalvin.

We all hoped Zach Wilson was the future for 10-15 years, so he'll have another go at it. Hoping Rodgers is on the sideline when he is ready to help Zach develop.

I am very curious to see what Rodgers does. I never thought even with Rodgers the Superbowl was possible this year. I wanted the team to make the playoffs(the current longest drought in professional sports) and get our players some experience in that atmosphere. THIS CAN STILL HAPPEN.

If Rodgers is willing to come back, 2024 can be a very special year for the Jets- which in my eyes was always the realistic year to win the SB. If he does not, it's onto the draft unless Zach proves otherwise.

This sucks, the "What ifs" will eat at us forever, but we all knew this was a possibility when we got Rodgers- just didn't think it would be at 4 snaps in.

They won the game yesterday. The "SOJ" loses that game in OT. If you're going to games, please get loud. The atmosphere was incredible last night and it lifted the team(All with Rodgers out of the game)

Go Jets!!!!!

10. BacktoQueens

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I don’t disagree that it continued instability at the position but I don’t see what crippling effect it would really have. If he snaps his Achilles again then they just rangle up another cadaver and fix the thing.

I know it’s more difficult and could have some everlasting effects but it’s not like a back or neck or head injury. It’s a torn muscle.

mrjet80 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah agreed. Regardless of what anyone thinks about Wilson including his fan club, the Jets need to add another QB regardless if they think he’s going to turn into super man overnight.

Wentz or Foles probably make the most sense to have ready by the bye just in case.

Ralebird, BacktoQueens and mrjet80 like this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

not to mention the possibility of having rodgers on the sideline to mentor Zach and keep the mood high, would be great for this year. Hopefully that happens

LAJet and mrjet80 like this.
  14. BacktoQueens

Huge upgrade from Turner for depth, and possibly an upgrade or at least competition to Brown.
    Can play either side. I don’t see a better option out there, or on the roster depthwise.
    FO dragged their feet at OT.

15. mrjet80

Good upbeat post and I agree. Plenty of talent let’s see how they adjust the game plan. Dallas isn’t going to score 40 points this week ….

16. mrjet80

Yes they most certainly did. I figured that would be their priority going into next offseason before AR went down …

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

DRAFT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
    DRAFT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
    DRAFT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN

And JD never does

sozopol likes this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I just watched Rich Eisen's reaction and was not expecting what he would hace to say.

Today is the anniversary of Vinny blowing out his ACL on opening night.

For whatever reason the Jets named Vinny an honorary captain for last night's game.

Normally I am not a big believer in superstition but I think we now have proof that it is for real.

So don't go breaking any mirrors or walk under any ladders this week.

If we must party like its 1999 I think we need to find our Ray Lucas soon instead of putting all of our eggs in the Rick Mirer basket as we did back then.

Had Ray gotten his shot a couple games earlier we would have made the playoffs.

Ralebird and abyzmul like this.
  19. JetFanInNE

Not gonna get too down over another ancient lineman signing elsewhere

James Hasty likes this.
  20. JetFanInNE

He did.

In the ass end of the draft…

Wahoo likes this.