A Viable Trade Involving Vilma.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ToddtoBarkum, Dec 18, 2007.

1. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Oh...............and PLEASE let's not deal for CHAD JOHNSON.....OH HELL NO!

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Instead of starting a new Vilma trade thread, what do you all think of this?

Jets Get: #8 Pick and Terrell Suggs
    Ravens Get: #6 Pick, Vilma, & Pennington

I think both teams would have to strongly consider it.

Also, I was looking at some old Vilma trade threads from last offseason, and a lot of people were against a trade rumor that would've sent Vilma and some other picks for the #2 pick...imagine if we could go back and do that now since everyone now is just expecting a 2nd or 3rd for JV (which I wouldn't do).

I still think a Vilma for Shaun Rogers trade makes sense for both teams as well.

3. akibud

akibud Active Member

Ironically, in Madden, Detroit is the first place I go to, to trade my draft picks for Roy Williams when I need a WR for the Jets..

4. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Isn't Suggs a free agent? And how would Vilma fit into their defense?

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

The Vilma for Williams deal makes sense on both sides and I hope it is something that is explored. We need a gifted young WR and Roy definitely fits the bill. Him and Vilma are both coming off of knee injuries. I know it's more than likely pipe dreaming(player for player trades are pretty rare in the NFL) but it's pipe dreaming I can get behind.

As for trading for Shaun Williams - I would pass. As talented as he is there is definitely a concern about his weight/work ethic leading to injury. Also he has already violated the leagues substance abuse policy once serving a 4 game suspension - bad news.

6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I say he heads to the Ravens since Ray Lewis will be leaving soon, Maybe a year or two left. But he could groom Vilma. This would most likely lead to draft picks.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Just think back to the draft when everyone was saying this about Randy Moss! If we can get Chad Johnson or Roy Williams they should be bought in ASAP!

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Suggs will 99% be franchised, and Ray Lewis is getting older like 4jetsfan said. The only problem is that they play a 3-4 so they may not even want Vilma.

I still think the best straight up deal that could plausibly work is Vilma for Shaun Rogers. Jets fill their NT hole, Lions their MLB hole. I'd love to get Chad Johnson for Vilma, but I don't think the Bengals would do that.