A Thread for Random Draft Mocks/Ideas/Chatter in the Media

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Snatch Catch, Apr 17, 2019.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

The Jets D went against 3+WR sets 79% of the time last year (league average was 74%). That means Nickel D, which "typically" means 4 man front. You draft Bosa to get the QB on those alignments as well as any of the other 40 defensive alignments that Gregg Williams has tucked away, including the 3 man front.

NYJetsO12, FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

The Washington Redskins might look to make a big move in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Wednesday on Up To The Minute Live that the Redskins have inquired about trading up into the top 5.

"The Redskins have explored the possibility of trading up all the way into the top five," Garafolo said. "I don't think that, I know that. I can report that. They have had conversations with all of those teams. But look, everybody is having conversations with everybody right now. Just to figure out what the price would be -- what if. But the fact that they're at least exploring it tells me that they've thought about the possibility.

"Now maybe if we're to take Doug Williams at his word, he thinks that the price is going to be too high to do that. But Dwayne Haskins is a guy that has a lot of support in this building, I can tell you that much. We know about the connections with owner Dan Snyder and his son, those two went to school together. He's a local kid, he's got a lot of the tools. He had great production last year at Ohio State. But is he a player that can help this team right away? I know there are folks inside this building that think that that is not that case. That he might need some time to learn the offensive system; to learn life at the NFL level he only has that one year of production and maybe they think we should go with a guy that can help us right away and we can build around Case Keenum."

Washington currently sits with the No. 15 overall pick and owns nine total selections in the 2019 draft, including two third-rounders.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I want Allen, but I'll gladly take Washington's 1st, 2nd, 5th, and one of their 3rd rounders this season, and next year's 1st rounder to trade down.

5. GasedAndConfused

we would get a ransom for sure and i'd be happy to slide down to 15. we'd still get an edge rusher and more premium picks. i'm thinking we would get at least their 1st, 2nd, one of their 3rds this year and their 1st and maybe a 3rd next year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

From Daniel Jeremiah

What I've heard in last 24 hours:
    Redskins moving up for Haskins
    Redskins moving up for Jones
    Giants moving up for Lock
    Giants taking Jones at 17
    Titans taking Lock
    Bengals taking Haskins
    Bengals not taking QB
    Lions trade back and take QB

I think all the QB needy teams are smoke screening that they don't really want a QB so they don't tip their hand. seems like murray, jones, lock, and haskins will all go top 10 like last year. giants could get jumped by the skins so i doubt we'll see any moves until we are on the clock

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I don’t think a kings ransom is on the cards. I think Macc would take a modest deal to trade down.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Lol can't wait for the Giants to piss their futures away on one of the shit QB's coming out of this class.

Noam likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bosa and Greg Williams can figure out where to play him if we roll with that pick

Josh Allen fits right in with the 3-4 and that's a winner too

So I really hope SF grabs IHOP boy Williams ...pass the syrup willya??!!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

Bama DT Quinnen Williams told he could still go No.1

Mort: Texans open to trading OLB Jadeveon Clowney

Rapoport: Montez Sweat's heart issued misdiagnosed at Combine

Schefter: Dolphins, Giants only teams in on Josh Rosen

49ers shopping 2016 No.3-overall pick Solomon Thomas

Drew Lock: 'Rather go 32nd than No. 1 to a bad team'

11. GasedAndConfused

Prisco reports that the Cardinals' ownership floated the idea of drafting Murray because they had trouble selling tickets. However, this did not change matters, as the idea of drafting Murray generated a lukewarm response. Thus, the Cardinals are no longer going to draft Murray, according to Prisco. "They're going in a different direction," Prisco said.

12. Snatch Catch

[​IMG]

Mr mittens likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

saw a report that Montez Sweat had been misdiagnosed as having a heart condition at the combine - how many millions could that potential misdiagnosis (if true) have cost him?

really hope the Pats don't get solomon thomas for like a third round pick only for the lights to go on :(

really glad we took a QB last year, it's never fun being a QB desperate team around the draft

#73 JetsUK, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Murray may or may not go number 1, but regardless Prisco is not a credible source.

15. GasedAndConfused

he's a dick and an idiot but i wouldn't say he's not credible. he still talks to people in the league and reports it back

16. Snatch Catch

Especially in a draft where there isn't a general consensus that the guys available at the position are worth a high pick.

I shudder to think about being a Skins/Broncos/Giants fan and trading UP to land any of the QBs in this draft. They may or may not end up being successful, but in this moment none of them are accepted to be sure-fire franchise cornerstones.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm sure Prisco heard a rumor that the Cards aren't taking Murray. And I'm sure Schefter, Rapoport, etc. heard the same rumor and many other rumors as well. But unlike Prisco, they aren't going to spread random rumors because they know that many of the rumors floating around aren't true.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Rumor is the Jets have a deal to move down if Williams is available...just dandy.

19. GasedAndConfused

all of them spread rumors and rumors mean they may not be true. it's no less reliable then any other rumor and none are guaranteed to be true

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

GO JETS!!

GasedAndConfused likes this.