A TGG Good Sign?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Aug 23, 2021.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So you chose to keep talking out of your ass... Neat.

That obviously Isn't a true stat. Nor Is that an actual scheme. Stop fabricating shit that you aren't even willing to educate yourself about. Especially when you are debating with someone that actually watches the fucking team and knows a decent bit about football.

Google Is a fucking wonderful tool of information. Free tip. You're welcome.

So, no. You are done because you are wrong. Don't try to make It anything other than that.

Have a good one.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There’s no shortage of amazing players that the Jets could have drafted over the years but didn’t. That, and the Jets roster and coaching has been atrocious since he entered the league. He wouldn’t have had the career that that he has in KC here with the Jets. He’s the QB people drool over because he’s talented and he went to a competent organization.

ouchy and cval like this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You do realize that it came from PFN

So go cry to them, that they dont know what theyre talking about. While other than your free tips, you have nothing. But your fucking repeating yourself and telling me im wrong. What was the knock on Fields game? Dont know? Cant fucking remember? What wasnt he asked to do at OSU?

#143 LF911SC, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Actually, it's not from PFN, it's a quote from one of their analysts that heard it from a team who supposedly broke down all of his passes.

LF911SC likes this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Nobody cares anymore. Fields will now have to prove it in the NFL just like any other rookie. With his legs it will give him time to adjust. If he relies touch on his legs he may never learn to go through reads quickly.

My little time watching Fields in preseason is he bails to quickly from the pocket. We will see if he develops.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well, plenty of people care. Or else they wouldn't start threads like this and people who preferred Wilson over Fields wouldn't bring up Fields in the first place.

As far as adjusting - being a runner usually buys guys a lot of time while they develop. It worked for Josh Allen. Sometimes it can get you a MVP award while you lead the league in passing touchdowns.

legler82 and cval like this.
  7. LF911SC

Even better. I got it from PFN, didnt realize it came from a teams research. Hes killing me for 1. reciting the knock on Fields. 2. The knock on the OSU offense when it comes to developing NFL QBs. Its kind of simple, I dont care if he doesnt want to recognize my name for the system or not. It went from a couple of points that have been discussed over and over again to him getting pissy about calling it a one read offense blah, blah, blah.

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Mods do we really need to rehash this nonsense all over again?

#148 Lon Chaney, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that he wouldn't have done as well here, and worse, he would've been good enough to save Bowles' or Gase's job and we would've continued on the cycle of shitty to mediocre teams, but he would've done MUCH better than Darnold, and we would've had those 3 2nd rounders instead of having to trade them for the chance to draft Darnold.

It was probably an even bigger mistake than taking O'Brien over Marino.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dont sweat it. The guy is just a buckeye fan boy. Probably the dumbest fanbase in college football and that's saying something because the South in general is pretty dumb and they love their football

Ohio St. could get away with a one-read offense because they had greater talent than most all teams they played against, talent that included Fields. That doesn't mean Fields will be bad or not though. Bears are being smart by sitting him so he learns he can't play that way in the NFL. Maybe he learns the game and becomes awesome, who knows

Noam likes this.
  11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He went to a competent organization that has a good coach, had a QB who held the fort for a season so he could learn, and had a roster that had been to the playoffs 3 out of the previous 4 years including his rookie year.

The Jets had absolutely none of that.

It’s fun to think about what might have been once in a while but odds are the Jets either would have ruined Patrick Mahomes or developed a dollar store version of the one we have now.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. LF911SC

Thats what I said earlier, doesnt mean he cant learn to go through progressions and find a secondary receiver. He just hasnt shown he could. Hasnt done it all preseason. His games have all been on TV and I went back and forth between Fields and Wilson so have watched and he hasnt gone through progressions like we've seen Wilson do. Never mind look off a S to the right of the field and then quickly cut back to the middle and put a beautiful pass on his TE for a TD.

BrowningNagle and Noam like this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

It's a baseless claim by one guy (Pauline) who even admitted to not knowing the legitimacy of the claim. It's trash.

The only reason It was so popular in this board and people treated It like gold was because In their minds It was another way for them to raise Wilson up and knock Fields down.

It's a moronic claim. You can easily watch many different games throughout the last two seasons to conclude this Is utter bullshit reporting. I mean, even looking at the WR splits for receptions and yards, the rock was spread around fairly equally. You can watch many throws where It Is extremely obvious he is scanning the field. He did a good job of looking off 3rd level defenders as well. He showed his ability many times to go through 5 progression reads within that system. He was even able to move his progression reads In play-action roll outs. Which, Isn't easy for QB's at the college level, most of them will lock In on their primary because of the overall speed of the play.

PFN Is a joke. They clearly had an agenda, click bait will always be a thing. To each their own. Believe what you want. I'm comfortable with my research, my eyes, and my overall experience as a fan of that team to legitimately call that report bullshit. It's so easy to disprove If you actually watch the team play.

Your first point. I have never claimed that Fields was a perfect prospect. He had flaws just like every prospect In this last draft. His progression ability can get better In the NFL. I never thought he wasn't capable though, I know he did go through his progressions an a fairly consistent basis In college. Every young QB has room for improvement In that category coming out of college. I don't care who It is/was. That's a fact. Taking a baseless trash report from one fuckling on the internet claiming to be a draft analyst doesn't make it gospel either. It wasn't even remotely believable either If you actually follow along with that offense over the last couple years. Just dumb.

Your second point Is outdated. Again, It's not the same offense of yester years. If you got that aspect, you actually bothered to go watch the offensive concepts, see how obviously different the passing game Is with Day (I know you don't care enough to do so), then you wouldn't still have this mindset. It's not simple because you are basing your argument on a misinformed information.

I'm not mad. At all.

I am straight forward though. I like to debate, have conversation, but, when someone Is clearly wrong and they obviously don't bother to even fact check themselves or do research for themselves, yet, still push their misinformation on a forum against someone that knows better. Then, I will gladly continue to tell you why you are wrong.

To each their own.

legler82, NCJetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

I am a fan boy, that doesn't mean I'm wrong. It sure as fuck don't mean I'm some brain dead biased drone walking through my words without providing context for why I feel the way I do. I certainly have.

The same can't be said for you or others when you are just regurgitating random people on the internet and refusing to actually educate yourself on the shit you are even spewing out.

Instead you provide more baseless non-sense that contributes to nothing, In an attempt to belittle a fellow poster that Is simply providing context behind why ya'll are wrong.

"probably the dumbest fanbase In college football"

That's an awesome contribution! Please, can you inform me of WHY OSU fans are the dumbest fans In college football?

Or... Is It another baseless bullshit comment?

Great. You are another informed "one read offensive" guru.

Can you please explain to me what offense that Is? What are the concepts behind It? How do I come to the same conclusion as you and your fellow one read offensive guru's?

Can you help me with It? I've googled It and I can't find anything.

It's incredible that you are calling anyone stupid. Ever.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Trying to understand...

Are we arguing over who's better....a qb we didn't draft vs. a qb we did?

Until either takes a snap... I know which one I'm going with....;)

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Sounds like we arguing the Ohio state offense? I am not really sure.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Any offense can be a “one read offense” when the 1st read gets open the majority of the time. I bet most of the NFL would love to have a “one read offense”. LOL

18. ColoradoContrails

Yes, but it doesn't help much with evaluating/predicting a QB's future success.

19. IIMeanDeanII

That's the point. It's not real.

Any offense will have a conceptualized play that happens to fit under the "one read offense" umbrella. From time to time.

No offense has a "one read" concept as their primary scheme. That's just not logical or realistic. Which, again, Is the point.

legler82 likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

But do you think you were able to see enough to honestly evaluate whether Fields could go through progressions while in college? And by that, I mean regularly and consistently to the point where you're confident this won't be an issue for him, at least for a while (a season or two)?

I'm not trying to say, by way of asking that question, that I think he can't, or that he'll fail. I DO think he can learn this skill, BUT...I also think his ability to successfully use his legs instead of his arm might impede that learning. And maybe that's okay. He might be the new prototype of a successful NFL QB, who runs and throws in equal measure keeping defenses off balance. We saw that with Josh Allen to some degree, and I think Justin has a more accurate arm than Josh. But there are inherent risks in this style of QB, and the ones who have been successful running and passing mostly lost their effectiveness once they got older and/or injured and lost a step or two.

Anyway, back to the original question: did you see enough of Fields to say with some certainty that he'll adapt to being able to process multiple reads in the chaos of an NFL pocket?

LF911SC and REVISion like this.