A special shoutout to Quinnen...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 9, 2022.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

The play of the game... how could ya not love how he tossed Tyreek aside, like a flea on his leg.
    Sure, Hill's a great player, but losing Hill & drafting GW, was the better move for team chemistry, & financially.
    And to QW... thanks for sealing the win, with such fitting irony.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

3. Areodjarekput

Areodjarekput Member

Ben Blessington and Michael Nania from Jets X Factor were at the game, and after the end went down by the field and Ben yelled to Quinnen: "you owned tyreek!".

Quinnen hit him back with: "you saw that stiff arm, right?"

Damn straight Q!

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Another stellar game from Quinnen.
    Might want to think about extending contract now, that price tag only going up.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've been a Q doubter up until recently, but he's definitely proving me wrong. I'll also say that how he's handled all the doubters has been ver classy and professional. A few other disgruntled Jets could take notes.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He's been incredible. JD should have had a contract waiting for him when he walked off the field today.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I was disappointed when Mac drafted him - was pulling for that pass rusher Josh Allen. I was wrong this dude has blossomed and is having a pro bowl season.

The one good pick Mac made ….

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's really put the work in and it shows.

His brother had a really good game as well... led the team in tackles.

9. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Quinnen is everything we thought Dewayne Robertson was supposed to be ;)

10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I agree.

Of course, if Q does get a big payday, I hope he doesn't go Mo Wilk on us.

11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

How long a contract does Quincy have with the Jets?

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Q most definitely does not look fat to me.

FJF, ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I’m really happy for Quinnen. He’s finally having a true breakout and doing what we all knew he could.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I’m on record saying that I believe you never sign a DT to his second big contract. They rarely play up to it. Only exception is an absolute freak like Donald. Most of the best DT’s in the league end up on 2-4 teams by the end of their career, signing on to winning teams needing that last piece. The way Q has played this far this season I wouldn’t be averse to giving him a 2nd contract at all.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It feels like this doesn't happen too often, maybe not here anyway. Having a player who is believed to be capable of a huge breakout that we've been waiting on for years and then he actually takes that step and becomes that next-level player. 6 games in and Q looks like one of the best IDL in the league, an impact player on all levels, and worthy of a big deal. I'm blown away by how good he's been

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would add here that when we have players playing really well like Lawson, JFM, Q and Huff it makes it really hard on a defense. Who are they going to double. Lawson had that amazing game against Miami and everytime I looked at him Sunday he was tangled up with multiple Packers. I am just speculating here but it is possible that he was getting a lot of doubles making it easier on Q and JFM. Although by the replays of Q's big plays he was destroying double teams and I believe I read a stat on him against Miami that he had been double teamed this year at some really high absurd rate. But, the long winded point I wanted to make was having so many good DL players just makes everyone's job a bit easier.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What’s annoying is this is who Q has been the whole time, we just failed to put him in position to succeed. It’s not surprising at all that he’s statistically the best pass rushing DT in football when there’s a semblance of a pass rush. Of course having top tier corners helps the pass rush too.

Q is going to get PAID and I pray it’s us that does it. He’s an anchor and can be for the next 6-7 years.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I know this is a thread about Q but the whole DL has been feasting these last few weeks!

Led by Q, of course!

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

@Noam you are spot on.

Quinnen didn't up his game, Joe Douglas did. Q has always been great.

Sauce and Reed on the back end forcing QBs to hold the ball a second longer matters.

JFM, Lawson, Huff, Jermain, Clemons gives every Oline we play much more to worry about than 'just Q'.

Fans like to say "Why can't Q be more like Donald"? When Donald lost Von Miller (Bills) Donald all of a sudden looks pedestrian. It's Q's turn now with ample outside pass rushers to share the load (thank you JoeD!). And just like that, Q is the top interior d-lineman with the most sacks, pressures, and QB hits in the NFL thru 6 games. Oh, and blocked FGs too!

How cool is it that our 'stars' also play special teams? Shades of Mike Westoff? Our Teams coach Brant Boyer is recognized as the top coach in the league, and has stuck around thru multiple Head Coaches. They all decided to keep him here in NY. He needs more print!

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've heard a few pundits point to Quinnen's sideline shouting match with defensive line coach Aaron Whitecotton as the turning point for the defensive upswing.

Less blitzing and letting the front four do their thing has turned this team's fortune around... I have to agree.

I loved when we drafted him... I was impatient while watching him struggle... now it's so nice to watch him wreak havoc.

Ralebird and FJF like this.