A question of Loyalty to this team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanJoeGreen, Dec 9, 2007.

1. MeanJoeGreen

MeanJoeGreen New Member

Whoa, Easy Killer. Every year when the team plays like this (and there have been alot of them) it has always been in the back of my mind. Especially in the month of January, I always find myself watching someone elses team play and there ENJOYING there team. And where is my team? Home, like I am watching the game. Dueskays, Most likely I will ALWAYS be a Jets fan because like many of you I have invested the majority of my life to this team. Maybe I'm just letting off steam and wanted to know if any other jets fans thought as I did. The only sure way I would switch is if they no longer called themselves The New York Jets. For example if the call themselves say New Jersey Jets or moved out of town, that to me calls for an automatic switch.

2. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

As a NC native, other than arbitrarily picking the Jets as a child and living in Brooklyn from late '98 to early '01 (a fairly good time to be a Jets fan) for school, I at least do not have a geographical allegiance. However, I can't save the $250 a year on Sunday Ticket because I won't pry myself away from the Jets. I look at being a fan much like being an investor. When the Jets finally do get it together the return will be so sweet. What I'd give for a crystal ball.

The best way I have found to dampen the pain of the losses is to obsess over Fantasy Football. Then, to a certain degree, there are chances for mini-victories throughout the day. Grrr, this week we lost and my ff team was eliminated from the playoffs. I need to rest.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How did the Cardinals miss this list?

4. JETFAN stranded in DC

Dude, a few years ago we had a shitty season, Woody sold out to Jersey (Stadium and Training facilities) and the way we lost Herman Edwards to KC> I felt the same. But I just walk away for afew days and you get over it. I know it sucks but the one thing I have always hung onto was how we played the game. All of those years that we sucked we had some pretty awesome players! Like Harris this year we have always had on player on Defense that seems to be so pissed about the team sucking that the kill the ball carrier. That sliver of hope has kept my hanging on for almost 30 years!

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

LOL. Good call.