A Positive Viewpoint on the Jets' Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Nov 27, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As we enter the Holiday season I'm starting to become a little more optimistic about the Jets future. I'm beginning to warm up more and more to the fact that the D has a lot more young talent than the record indicates and a solid foundation. I know NC and a few others have pointed that out in many threads. Add a pass rusher and CB and above all a damned good DC and we could be on our way to respectability. Offense will require more pieces and a damned good HC to package it it all together. I'm 100% on board with JD and if the ownership gives him the dot for the HC selection it would be a giant first step and boost to this team. We might finally get it right. I further see hope that the QB position is not just TL or bust and we could well find a diamond with this draft. Further, do not count out the possibility of TL still be our pick, not until we see the score of the final games. No more gloom and doom for me this year. All I want in 2021 is a new HC.

3. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent. The D is a lot better off than I originally thought. Whether we draft a qb, wr, or Sewell with our first pick, we are heading in the right direction. We also have a lot of early picks to be excited about. I am warming up to Wilson at 2. Not so much fields.

Jets79 and LAJet like this.
  4. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I believe the Jets are in a good position for a bright future. Joe Douglas is the GM we've been craving. JD is rebuilding, not remodeling like those in the past. Idzik tore the team down but did not know how to evaluate talent. Maccagnan tried to remodel the team and his drafts were horrendous. JD learned from the best, IMO, Ozzie Newsome. With the trades he made, getting more picks, he's assured himself that rebuilding through the draft is the way to go. Plenty of cap money in the bank, a good amount of picks, and the future is bright...as long as the upcoming picks turn out to be winners like the last draft. IN DOUGLAS WE TRUST!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Please just don’t draft Fields.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think based on the games against NE, Raiders, and Rams, people should clearly see that it's Gase more than the lack of talent that's the biggest problem. I pray that the Johnsons can see this too.

LAJet likes this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If they couldn't see it last year, or even in Miami, then they probably didn't get it this year either.

Remember, the guy who was a disaster in Miami and ruined potentially two franchise QBs (Tannehill & Darnold), is coaching to where football is going.