A positive note on our franchise

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Feb 20, 2006.

1. KHBirdman

KHBirdman Banned

35 Years and counting for me

I was born in 1970 and my father has had seasons since the beginnging...Titans at the Polo Grounds. I started going to games when I was 4 (well, one game when I was 3 sitting on Dad's lap at Shea) but then started going regullarly in 1974. Let's see, for the first few years, lets say I averaged 5 games a year going to. So, by the time I was 8, let's say I sent to 20 games. The next 27 years, I'm gonna say I went to a minimum of 7 games a year not counting playoffs and preseason. That's 189 games plus 20 plus 1 means that I've suffered through a minimum of 210 regular season Jets home game.

I'm hearing that "at least we won a Super Bowl". Who cares. Most of the people posting on this site weren't alive for it. Some of the people have never even been to a game. Were Red Sox fans once saying, "Well, at least we one a World Series back in 1918 (or whatever year it was).

Thirty Seven years with out winning a Super Bowl is a lifetime. And, the some of the crazy ways that we didn't get to the Super Bowl makes you think we'll never get there again or we are jinxed - Mud Bowl, The Broncos Collapse, The Browns Late Hit, and the Steelers game are a few where we had chances to get there if stupid things didn't happen.

When going to so many games, you become more passionate about this team than the fan that watches on television. Some people go to church on Sunday. I go to the stadium to do my praying on game day.

There is nothing worse than hearing "at least we have one." As far as I'm concerned, we have NONE cause I wasn't alive to celebrate it.

2. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

1 Super Bowl (win or lose) in 37 years is unacceptable and here's why:

AFC East

Buffalo 4 Super Bowls (0 wins)
    Miami 5 Super Bowls (2 wins)
    NE 5 Super Bowls (3 wins)

Compared to the only peers that matter, your division mates, the Jets 1 Conference Championship pales.

Even our former division mates, the Colts, have been to 2 Super Bowls, winning one.

There's simply no excuse for that kind of ineptitude.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Yeah it feels good to have a SB...But most off us never saw it...

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I missed our SB in 69... I was still a glimmer in somone's eye... I'd rather we win one while I'm a live, and able to enjoy it. And compared to our Division mates, your right we suck... bad management.

Ellis

5. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Livin' up here in Albany, I can only make a couple of games a year, but I can tell you on TV or in person, I'm pretty into the Jets. Shoot, when we won the division up in Buffalo in '98, I even shed a couple of tears of joy.......

#25 ny2dave, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Beautiful. We all did that, didn't we.

7. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I plugged the toilet with my Uncle's hat........

8. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Though most people would say the only goal is to win the SB so making it doesn't matter if you don't win it. That would put us above Buffalo and tied with our ex-division mates, Indy. It also took the Pats over 30 years to win there first SB so all their luck has come as of late.

Don't get me wrong, 37 years still sucks but there are still many teams that wish they had at least one victory. I'm 36 and was born a few months after SB3 so I'm still waiting to witness my first Jets SB like many of us.

9. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Not sure what the Cubs have to do with this discussion. That's like saying shut up to Mick Jagger, dude.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My god your the same age as my son & it is amazing to see the difference in the thought process between you & him

11. championjets69

Well you supported Herm for the last 5 years so you lost those 5 years which makes you 5 years closer to planting without seeing us in a SB. Ever think of that fact?

12. championjets69

Hear, hear. Another member who thinks like me. Terrific

13. championjets69

THat is what my 35 year old son says also. He has been going to EVERY home game since he was 7. He even refuses to watch my SB3 tape of the game as telecasted on NBC as it was being played.

14. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

That's because I didn't grow up with you as my father so I'm able to think logically and not only in absolutes.

15. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Check out my sig...

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

classic Sig Klecko... good stuff... made my afternoon.

Ellis

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I like your sig.......:beer: