A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hey, you can turn that around and say how talented Jamal Adams is at reading offenses.;) Adams is the full package: intelligence, high motor, great competitiveness, leadership, and just overall physical ability. Gotta love it!

Jets_Grinch and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It’s hard not to be positive with young leaders on both sides of the ball in Darnold and Adams.

It’s been a long while since we’ve had building blocks that talented on each side of the ball.

3. The Dark Knight

Yep. Darnold and Adams both have potential to be elite players. Bell and Mosley do too. We haven't seen him play yet, but I think Quinnen Williams also does. Leonard Williams will benefit from playing next to him. Avery Williamson will benefit from all of them. As will Trumaine Johnson and Marcus Maye. Can't wait to see how it turns out. On offense, Anderson and Enunwa will benefit from Bell and Crowder. If Herndon continues to improve, he could be a great weapon too for Sam. I don't feel like any of that is sugar coating anything. It is true and a real reason for Jets fans to be optimistic.

Jets_Grinch, NCJetsfan, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Even though we wont be able to judge until the season starts, I am liking the intensity of these OTAs. In watching them it looks like everyone is flying around working hard like its August not May. I believe that alone will pay dividends come September when we (hopefully) have a strong start to the season. While we certainly aren't the most talented team in the league, we definitely have enough pieces to be very competitive.

Gase also appears to be a no nonsense guy that lives and breathes football. I love his candor and when he shut the media down on their bullshit rumors and said no one will care if they can win. Hopefully he has learned from the issues he had in Miami as he was considered to be the next hot coach when Miami hired him.

The firing of Mac and Heimerdinger stuff was overblown especially because we did this in May, which has minimal effect for the on the field product and that is all what matters right now. Mac's offseason was decent despite missing on key needs, but its essentially a sunk cost right now. We have cap to move over to next year and should have something in the $50-60 million range before any cuts take place. With a competenant GM, that should be enough cap space to continue to improve the team.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Your guess is as good as mine.

6. The Dark Knight

Great post. Agreed, 100%! Yeah, the firings were definitely overblown. It was a shocking headline when it happened, but as you read more and more and uncover more and more, the only problem was Christopher Johnson could have done it sooner. Media tried to act like it was dysfunction, but the truth is the Jets were getting rid of the dysfunction. Like you said, luckily Mac's offseason was pretty good this year. Not like he wrecked the team or made them worse, then was fired. Hopefully the new GM can continue to improve the team around Sam.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jets Flight Crew and the AKC to have joint practices in 2019.

[​IMG]

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did I mention we fired Mac. Addition by subtraction.

10. Ralebird

11. HomeoftheJets

12. HomeoftheJets

NFL GM rankings now have Howie Roseman as the second best executive in the league

Howie’s the [No. 2]

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton May 21, 2019, 7:17am EDT

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C'mon Sam...

There's no reason to give fans any sense of hope.

We're in dysfunction mode at this time.

Bad news is good news.

14. Ralebird

Hmmm, I guess he forgot how he slammed Roseman just a few years ago. I wonder if he did a mea culpa on Foles after the Super Bowl win?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

I think I like this Sam Darnold guy. :)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

appreciate the updates but for me its offseason.....

one thing that is worth watching though - hurry up, no huddle, 2 minute offenses - whatever the hell u want to call them and i know there are slight differences... BUT imo this might end up being darnolds strength. just like brady. of course a mastery of the offensive system is necessary and hopefully that will occur quickly.

17. Quinnenthebeast

For what its worth PFF mentions us first for most improved pass rush. Especially if Polite gets going we could be a force to reckon with.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I loved the Gase quote:

“The day before a four-day weekend, I just felt like the way the guys went, I was very, very impressed and happy with how hard those guys were practicing, how much effort they were giving, as far as guys running routes, defensive players running after the ball, just playing every play,” Gase said. “There was excitement. Guys were genuinely excited to be out there. When you’re a coach, and effort isn’t something you’re worried about, that’s great.

“Then you can work on the details. That’s how guys get better. You have guys that love practicing every day, that environment, that’s who some of these guys are. They just love it. Jamal Adams loves walking on that field every day. C.J. [Mosley]. Sam [Darnold]. Quincy [Enunwa]. Those guys love being out there. It’s awesome.”

Sounds like a real loser to me ...I want Toilet Bowls back:rolleyes:

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Yeah usually that is a pre-season puff piece type of quote but Gase wouldn't BS like that. I think at minimum we are out there working harder in May compared to Gase's Dolphin teams.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep....total dysfunction.

And what's with the coach giving shout-outs to players... :mad:

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.