A Plead to Jets Beat Writers - Lobby For Us Fans so Johnson Bros Sell the Jets to Jeff Bezos

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 11, 2020.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well how about this after all these years of getting flamed by U all now all of a sudden U have decided that my position all along was the correct position. BTW Bloomberg while being a billionaire not a millionaire would not be right for the team as he is NOT a FB fan. Certainly Bezos has the money but I have no idea if he is a FB fan & would take pride in owning a team. We need a sports fan to be the owner somebody who cares about winning :mad:

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I doubt if the Johnsons care 1 hoot about caring about us fans :mad:

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

they'll sell to trump. :p

4. jilozzo

LOLOLOL.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Good work Brook! Make sure you charm them first.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. CosmicJester

CosmicJester Member

Don't pin your hopes on professional trolls like Mehta, he probably loves having a loser owner running a loser franchise even further into the ground, the outrage is good for circulation and clicks.

If you want to get Woody's attention, stop watching the games. Stop buying merch. Stop following the team of social media. If ratings for Jets games tank, if no one is buying jerseys, if the team twitter and instagram accounts don't have any followers, then the league will pay attention and Woody Johnson will pay attention. If you're still watching this team at this point, you're part of the problem.

Remember, being a fan doesn't mean you owe the team anything. Not your dollars, not your eyeballs, not your time. The team owes you, not the other way around. Fans are the consumers, the customers, and if the product stinks, it's absolutely fair for the customer to decline to participate anymore until the product improves. If you want Woody to sell, stop watching.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The only way to hurt the Johnson's is financially. Don't buy Jet's gear, do not renew season tickets and boycott Johnson and Johnson products. Unfortunately, there are not enough people willing to do this to cause them any pain.

I guess the other tact is to embarrass them as fans did with the Idzik billboard.

I see no hope for the Jets or the Knicks ownership changing hands.

jetstopgun likes this.
  9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sell to robert kraft!

oh wait...

i think ownership is the root of all things fucked up with the jets. i think they are clueless and have proven it at every decision these past 20 years. they have a lack of vision, a lack of ability to understand how things should function and a lack of understanding people.

i dont think they dont care, they do. they were always willing to invest in the first 15 years. they are just really bad at it and dumb as dirt.

i dont know who i would want as an owner, its always a little bit of a crapshoot, just like the draft. im happy that the wilpons are gone but i really have no idea what steve cohen is going to do. other than care, i know he will do that. but will he be a good leader in this sector? will he bring in the right people? will he make good decisions? it will take 5 years to see.

look at what kraft did, he brought in parcells right off the bat and turned a bankrupt team into a playoff team 3 out of the first 4 years. hit a bump in the road with carroll and didnt hesitate to make a change and has had 2, count them 2 fucking seasons under .500 since he bought the team. he is the 1 constant over their entire program the past 25 years. not brady or bellichick, the owner has been the driving force.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

woody came in and hired al groh.... then herm edwards, eric mangini, rex ryan, todd bowles and adam gase. 1 year, 4 years, 3 years, 5 years, 3 years.

9 of 20 years over .500 no coach with a winning record. 1 first place finish with a 9-7 record.

oh and dont let me forget 2 afc divisional round playoff championships.

fucking shit show.

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Do/Should we even care WHO buys the jets from the Johnsons as long as they are getting out?

jetstopgun likes this.
  12. jilozzo

the franchise needs a multimillionaire, home bred fan that sat in the seats at shea in the 70's and 80's......

that's the ONLY kind of buyer that would fit the bill.

there HAS to be someone out there with these credentials.

LOL.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I imagine if Bezos owned the team, the fan experience would be substantially better.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

These guys like to "win" and feel "loved". After years of abuse they will sell just like the Wilpons.

With that much money, why deal with the stress?

15. ConcordeChops

We can always take part in this weird millenial protest...

Ralebird likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And is $400 million debt now.

17. NCJetsfan

The problem with Bezos is that in spite of all his money, he is a cheap bastard. He makes his employees wear diapers. They don't get bathroom breaks. He wouldn't give Douglas any more money for FAs than he had to, and would cheap out on coaching contracts. We'd never get anyone good to come and work for him.

18. NCJetsfan

Trump doesn't have the money. He's $400 million in debt.

19. NCJetsfan

Things can always get worse. Yes, we should care. As Jets fans, we wanted to get rid of Brian Schottenheimer. We said, "It couldn't get any worse." We wound up with Tony Sparano. It was worse. We wanted Sparano gone. We wound up with Marty Mornhinweg. I may be mistaken, but believe it was worse, or at least equally bad.

20. ConcordeChops

I don’t remember Mornhinweg being worse than Sparano but I did have 5 years of hypnotherapy to make me forget.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.