A Plead to Jets Beat Writers - Lobby For Us Fans so Johnson Bros Sell the Jets to Jeff Bezos

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 11, 2020.

1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

My brother it’s not about Hating defeat ...The most successful people in the world have failed more than they have succeeded and that’s because they kept trying to get better ..And these trust fund DNA winners Are just having fun Owning a professional team ...They’re in love with the status of owning a professional sports team

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t care if Johnson’s sell the team but they need to put someone in charge and stay the fuck away from football operations.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thank You Brook...one of the best Posts in 9 years

My take: lets take a look at the most recent Sale of a NY Pro Team , the Mets

The Wilpons were very motivated to sell because the team , even with TV revenue, was hemorrhaging $90 million per season including 44 mil to Citifield

By COVID they were predicted to lose 200 million in 2020

The NFL setup might be different ...but we need to determine if the Jets are losing money

Thats are only hope J&J would sell the Team

jetstopgun and Brook! like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 100

The Johnsons are not trying to get better...only getting a better Con going to keep Fans suckered on their Junk Franchise the NYJ

I will never attend another Jets game in this lifetime nor invest in new shirt or hat while they control the team

jetstopgun likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't make the kind of money that Bezos or Cuban have by being a putz. Spending money your grandfather made is easy - even for a couple of putzes.

dawinner127 and jetstopgun like this.
  6. Ralebird

I really have no idea what either of the Johnsons has fun with or loves but I know they don't hate defeat - it seems they embrace it. Find me one clue that they have ever tried to get better.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Ill Will

Ill Will Member

Woody doing God's work for our fearless leader in the UK

egbert souse likes this.
  8. jetstopgun

Yeah that’s never going to happen..these guys don’t want to sit in the background .. they want to be seen they want to be heard they want to be relevant... In their parents business they didn’t have a say in the company or the company success .... But with owning a professional sports team With mommy and daddy’s money this is their toy There chance to be in charge they can do whatever they want ...And if that means running it into the ground While making gobs of money and being known ...so be it for them

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Thanks Brook..well said.I hope a link to this thread gets sent to all associated parties via twitter.

jetstopgun and Brook! like this.
  10. jetstopgun

Sure the Johnsons are having fun Because they hear the whispers...”Hey there goes the Johnson Brothers They own the new york jets” that’s were there love comes in to play....They love being on the back cover of the newspapers... now people know who they are

11. Ralebird

I don't see it. I don't see them getting ink on page six, they don't show up on TMZ. Where do you see them out getting adulation of any kind?

IDFjet likes this.
  12. jetstopgun

Think about it if it wasn’t for them owning the New York Jets or James Dolan owning the New York Knicks would you even know what they look like ?think about the Johnsons kids do you know what they look like?...Do we even know their names

13. Ralebird

You realize you're proving my point, right? They're not public people. We see more of Jerry Jones than we see of both Johnsons.

I don't think anyone here even knows why they ever bought the team. I'm not sure they know why they bought the team.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

How do you know Manish reads these boards everyday?

And how do you know Cimini has been a long time lurker?

Where is the proof?

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

No doubt the Ringling, I mean, Johnson brothers are seriously in WAY over their head. Look no further than after the 2017 season. Bowles and MacIdiot had finished consecutive 5-11 seasons. Losing more than 2 out of every 3 games. Each had 1 more year left on their contract. Chris Johnson gives these morons a guaranteed two MORE years on top of the remaining year. Seriously, who the hell would be dumb enough to ADD two more guaranteed years to the two misfits that just gave his team consecutive 5-11 seasons? Obviously, Chris Johnson and his brother have NO UNDERSTANDING of how to run/own an NFL team. I don't care WHO they sell to--just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And, yes, that IS why Gase still has a job. Chris Johnson is too vain to admit this early that Gase was another stupid hire--He will fire him on black Monday, which will also be the time Bowles and MacIdiot are finally off the jets payroll.

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If they're going to sell, it might as well be to Bezos. Would be a good thing as it would give me the perfect opportunity to bail on this pathetic franchise.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I know nothing will come of this but damn, your heart is in the right place an
    I know nothing will come of this, but damn, your head and heart are in the right places and I completely agree with everything you said. The only way we may ever see success for the Jets In Our lifetime is if the Johnsons go away.

Brook! likes this.
  18. jetstopgun

I’m not saying Bezos would be the answer ..I just think self made Billionaire would know when to cut bait on someone they think not getting the job done.... not the Johnson (DNA Lottery winners)brothers Just a few short weeks ago Chris was trying to sell us on Gase ‘Being A Brilliant offensive mind ’?? ..ha!!! I don’t think any of us will ever for get that line!!... I don’t know what he’s drinking or smoking.. but he needs to pass that around to get us to come around on that one!!

tomdeb likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Aaannd it just got intercepted.

20. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

In the Falcons' statement for firing Quinn, owner Blank said " the fans deserve better". We do too.