A Pats fans breakdown of the Jets v. Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Season is a wash the pats fans think they are the better team in almost every way. Jets should not even put on the pads they have already been sweep by the pats and they can't win. Pats are the paper AFC east champs. LOL
    I like the guy who said TGG is a bunch of homers and not one of us would agree with the post. Well no shit!

2. 624

624 Banned

Even for Patriots "fans", I'm surprised at the seemingly unanimous certainty that the Cheats will sweep the Jets easily this year.

You'd think they would remember the most recent game between us.

3. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

THIS WHOLE ARTICLE SCREAMS FEAR IN PATS FANS. IT TRULY SHOWS HERE:
    "Rex Ryan is outcoaching BB. I know overall you can't compare Fat Rex to BB until he wins multilple rings, but when it comes to head to head matchups, it seems like Rex has gotten the best of this match-up. I think Rex is responisble for making that Defense as good as it is. He instills pride and an expectation for every defensive player to live up too, he also doesn't an excellent job with his schemes."​

4. NJjets1981

NJjets1981 New Member

Did anyone hear on FOX Sports radio, the PATS FAN Jerk-off from Vermont who proclaimed the PATS superbowl champs after tonights PRESEASON game?? Hilarity at its finest.

5. mst3000

mst3000 Member

Really? I didn't think going to the AFC Championship twice in the last 2 years meant your team was a "joke".

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Stopped reading at running backs. If I am going to read retarded homer drivel, I read it here.

7. Calikid

Calikid New Member

I remember. It's a little hard to forget. No one knows what will happen this year. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll probably split like most years.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That would be the smart guess. Hope for a sweep on your side but expect a split.

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I've never seen the point of trying to determine which team is better by comparing offense to offense and defense to defense. Jets O plays Pats D and vice versa, so Brady being better than Sanchez is irrelevant because they're not facing the same challenge.

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I got an infraction for posting the Danny Woodhead video there

What a bunch of pussies:rofl: Oh no I got a 10 point infraction!

#30 MikeDevito, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

is it like a speeding ticket?

joking

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'd go:

QBs: obviously NE
    RBs: even
    WRs: NYJ. Brady makes less talented guys look better than they are.
    TEs: NE
    OL: NYJ
    DL: NE
    LBs: NYJ
    DBs: NYJ

STs K & P: NE
    STs coverage and returns: NYJ

Coaching: slight edge NE.

We have more talent, more depth in the CS but they have Tom Brady. That's the difference. If mark can be playoff mark in the reg season that gap is narrowed considerably and we can win the div ttile. NE is built for 16 games, we are built for 3-5 games in jan/Feb.

Both teams are very close, both teams are elite, well coached, talented teams. NE has earned the right to be considered the favorites in the reg season but we'll see what happens. I expect another split in the reg season and a rubber match in january hopefulyl w/ the same results as last year.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the Jets had won 3 SBs and won the division over and over and the Bills were a good upstart team that gave us fits we wouldn't want the media to yank our crown and place it on the Bills too quick.

NE is obviously living in the past but it's a good past to be living in.

The future belongs to us.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Football is the ultimate team sport. Comparing individuals or units doesn't tell the entire story. For whatever reason the Pats have clearly been the better regular season team the last couple of years and we have been the better playoff team. That may have more to do with adjustments than overall talent.

I suspect both the Pats and the Jets real eye is on the ultimate prize not the division. In that case I think we should be more concerned about the Ravens, Colts and ultimately the Packers then the Pats. The Packers clearly are better than both of us at QB and all over both sides of the ball.

15. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

They're gonna make you take one of those 5 hour classes. :eek:hmy:

16. nyjunc

How are the Packers clearly better than the Pats at QB? That's just a silly statement. Brady was by far the best QB in the league last year.

17. nixhead

nixhead Banned

Right now the Pats are like a computer program running perfectly just as they were last season - but if you plant a little virus it will grow and grow and grow until that computer program is no longer efficient. Some team or player needs to plant or start that virus. It might be the Jets in week 5 - it might be an Albert Haynesworth or Ocho Cinco or it could be a bad bounce of the ball or an injury to one of their key players. That virus needs to start and take hold of that team or they could go 14-2 again. Go Virus.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If the object of the best teams is to perform well in the playoffs and win then clearly your statement is about as silly as it gets. Tom Brady was at best Pedestrian when the money games started while Aaron Rodgers had one of the greatest post seasons in NFL history.

19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Rex and the Jets are in that entire organization's head. The loss to the giants in the SB showed they were imperfect. The loss to the jets in last year's playoff shows that they have severe flaws.

No virus required.....just Rex and the fu&^in Jets.

20. nyjunc

Rodgers didn't have to face our defense(in the regs eason when he did he was shut down).

I agree postseason counts more than the reg season but Brady is still the best QB in the game. His top WR is wes welker, his top RB bejarvus green ellis. He didn't have a Greg Jennings and that elite WR corps and again he didn't have to face our defense like Brady did.

Even if you think Rodgers is better it's insane to say GB clearly has an advantage. No one will ever have a significant advantage on Brady.