A Pats fans breakdown of the Jets v. Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

So stop talking about the divisional game!!!

2. felker

felker Active Member

Yeah, it's time to drop that topic.

3. Professor Frink

*sigh*
    OK, I forgot that for like a minute after Greene iced the game it was a larger lead than that, but the point still remains. The first 58 minutes the game was close and a big play would have drastically changed the outcome. The Jets made all the big plays in that game and that's why they were the better team. But calling it domination from beginning to end is just inaccurate.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Counterpoint:

[YOUTUBE]h-Y54WLoNhI[/YOUTUBE]

5. RevisCromartieisland

Domination implies we dictated the pace and flow of the game. We did that. From the first drive to the last. Unlike the pats, the Jets arent a team that'll beat you by 55 points. Using that as a standard for the Jets dominating another team is ridiculous. When we force 3 and outs and can have long, time-killing drives, we are dominating.

The Jets dominated. The patriots got dominated. End of story.

6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

You were speaking from a place of ignorance and got your facts wrong. You don't know what you're talking about.

Not surprising. Were you even a Pats fan before they started winning games? I know what you're going to say but i sincerely doubt the veracity.

GFY

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im pretty sure when Shonne Greene ran over your shitty defense we went up 14 points.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets, unlike the Pats won games by FG not by running up the score. The only thing close to a blowout for the Jets were the games against the Bills and Bengals and the 2 victories over the Pats. This was a team that plays D and won games late all the time. The Pats are a team that wins by overwhelming teams. It's easy to see why a Pats fan would think that was a closer game, the Pats rarely play a close game.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Smashmouth teams don't win big. Patriots will never be a smashmouth team because they're led by a gaping vagina and are composed of scrappy white midgets. Regular season style points are there but when the big boys meet in the playoffs they don't have the toughness.

Ravens came in and punched them in the mouth last year, then the Jets did the same a few months ago.

10. Professor Frink

It's easy to see why a Jets fan would think that was domination. The Jets rarely dominate.

I could continue to go back and forth with this, but you know what? It doesn't fucking matter! The Jets won. They won because they played better. You want to consider that domination? Fine, I'll stick with my theory. The Jets dominated teams like the Bills and Bengals last year, and the Texans and Raiders the year before. That's what domination looks like to me. Not a 3 point game going into the 4th quarter.

11. RUSH

RUSH Member

not sure about your methods but the results are accurate IMO. Id still rather have Mayo than Harris but with Scott, the Jets have the better LBC.

12. You mean leave in your starters when you're up 40 in the fourth quarter?

13. RUSH

RUSH Member

this happened...

14. I forgot, the Pats have never been accused of running up the score...except those times they were accused of running up the score.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

what's really sad is this poor kid doesn't realize that is going to be in zeros and ones forever.

Parents really need to start treating digital cameras like firearms. Locked up and only broken out under strict supervision.

16. Dierking

good. Now shut the fuck up and go home. This is a Jets board, populated by Jets fans. If you get you jollies constantly harping on how much better the Pats are, this isn't the place for you.

17. Professor Frink

Oh no! The big bad Patriots are running up the score. I forgot that the other teams don't pay their players, so we should be very concerned about their feelings.

18. Professor Frink

But it's so much fun to see how upset my presence makes you :smile:

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wonder if the Patriots honestly thought they could run up the score on the Jets and get away with it ?

Im sure they have learned their lesson.

20. Dierking

Smart professor admits to trolling. Great, knock yourself out.