A nice stat for Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My point is basically just that they won't stop happening so expecting them to go away is like a guaranteed fail.

Sanchez is fairly predictable at this point. He makes fewer errors than most other QB's but every error he makes is held up to scrutiny as if it happened all the time.

By most other QB's I mean his peers, the guys who started young and where they were in their third seasons.

Of the recent young guys Sanchez is much less mistake prone at this point than Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger were. He's more mistake prone than Matt Ryan was, although not by much. He's right about where Joe Flacco was at this point in his third season.

2. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

He just wins....

Would love to see what some of you guys would be saying if we had Tebow

3. The_W

The_W Banned

THIS times infinity.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The most frustrating thing about that pick was that he had two other options that would have been better on either side of the field. Plax came open on an out route in the endzone and McKnight was open for a few yard gain but would likely have been short of the endzone.

Locking onto one guy is still a lingering issue for him. He obviously doesn't do it much or he would be a lot worse but it does lead to most of his issues.

5. Br4d

When you throw the ball from that point in the field you have to be quick and decisive. The defense has a lot less field to cover and so they have more people in proximity to the throw.

I think he thought Keller was going to be open and threw the ball. Bad decision, but what Int is not a bad decision when you look at it in retrospect?

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Being quick and decisive is definitely a good thing but to me he seems to decide where he is going pre snap in the redzone a lot. That was not his first forced pass over the middle near the goal line this season. If he had been decisive after the snap he might have seen Keller was not going to be open and either made a better pass or at least lived to fight another down.

Overall my opinion of Sanchez is very positive. He does make a few plays a game that frustrate me because he shows that he is better than the mistakes he is making more often than not.

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I disagree. Sanchez is still young enough that he is not a finished product, he can improve on red zone turnovers. They aren't predetermined to happen, Chad Pennington didn't throw a red zone INT for his first six or seven years, and when he finally did it was a 4th down where he took a shot and hoped for the best. We can all agree Sanchez has a better arm to get it in tight spots down there, it's about decision making, which can be improved upon.

8. Br4d

Chad Pennington also settled for a lot of FG's in the red zone. We went seasons at a time without seeing him do anything more than throw a fade to the corner when he was inside the 10.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Not all of them are bad decisions. Some are just a bad throw, some are a good play by the defense and others are miscommunication with the receiver, then there are those that are just terrible decisions.

10. Italian Seafood

Would you rather kick a FG or throw an INT? Pennington had that fade with Coles going, it was his best option, he didn't have a big target like Plaxico (or Braylon) when he was here. We didn't have that guy from the time Keyshawn was traded until we got Braylon during Sanchez's first season.

11. Trifco

Trifco New Member

One of his worst ints this season was that against Baltimore after the TO in the 4th q.
    Sanchez really sucks?

Well, yesterday Big Ben made the exact same mistake against the same defense.

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I would prefer to throw an int in the opponents end zone than on our own 20 yd line!

13. LWC611

LWC611 Member

You make a good point. I am just tired of hearing him say it. He regularly is aplolgizing for his play. He is getting paid way too much for that and I guess I am just getting tired of it. He is the best we got so he has to be supported, but I would like to go through a game without yelling at my T.V. "What the @#$# are you doing!"

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

And Sanchez doesn't get a pass either? In my opinion it's somewhere in the middle as far as criticism for Sanchez.

15. Italian Seafood

There are no good spots for an INT but when you do it in the red zone you're leaving points on the field. I know nobody loves kicking a FG but it's better than doing 8 or 9 minutes of work and coming away with nothing. Plus FGs don't get returned to the house or set the opponent up with momentum or good field position, INTs often do.

16. TheGreenCantona

Tebow is a worse QB than Sanchez, so not a big surprise what people would say

17. TheGreenCantona

I agree with the previous mess.

I seem to remember a lot of pick-6s from him the rookie season, at least baltimore, but i am sure there were several.

Better to do it in the readzone as yesterday is a testiment to. 3 on the board is always worse than 7 on the opposing boards

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

"So when is Tebow going to be an H-back so we can draft Luck?"

19. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

There was another interesting stat during the broadcast of the game. It was on the line of "This was the first turnover for the Jets in last 30 Red Zone trips", or something like that.

20. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Holy fucking shit, how can you possibly complain about his performance yesterday? There were two brain farts... other than that, he picked the team apart-- the same defense that forced Tom Brady to throw 4 picks.

If you're gonna talk about his shitty moments, at least talk about his brilliant moments. Much-overlooked was his audible at the line of scrimmage at about the Bills' 30 yard line, when he changed the play to a lob to Santonio Holmes because he saw the blitz coming. Holmes draws a DPI, touchdown on the next play.

The kid is something special.