A new day for CFB and NFL betting

Discussion in 'Virtual Vegas' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I tailed that one too BN. It was a nice surprise to see my $10 got doubled thanks to you :)

Thank you brother. Keep 'em coming.

FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

MNF was brutal this year for me. Do well on Sunday's then lose a ton on MNF.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This past weekend football was a bloodbath for me. I’ve been betting for years and I think I have a nice, low and slow strategy where I avoid parlays and avoid NFL football a lot.

But it went live in NY so all my friends new to betting were going crazy and honestly getting lucky. They were flaunting their big wins (parlays) and it made me get jealous and do stupid stuff like them hahaha. Zapped my bankroll

FJF, Brook!, NYJFOREVER and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I stay very away from parlays as well. I’ve only recently started playing the +10 teasers and also eliminated the first TD scorer for anytime TD scorers.

It’s so hard to “beat” Vegas on any single bet let alone hitting three in the same day on the same ticket.

5. NYJFOREVER

I went parlay crazy this weekend. I hit a 4 player over .5 INT parlay in week 18 so I figured "Hey I'm good at his".

Nope, I fucking suck.

dawinner127, FJF and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. Brook!

I love parlays but teaser parlays only that includes occasional prop bets.

I lose money on my parlays where I pick more than 3 teams covering the regular spread.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t mind parlays , getting away from same game parlays though and mostly 2 legs. Big parlays are lotto scratch offs. Spend little to win big but don’t blow your wad on them. I like to do a $5-10 on picking all the games wild card weekend, if it hits, hell yea, if it doesn’t, and it always doesn’t, oh well. My biggest problem is placing bets with low confidence just to bet.

Jonathan_Vilma, bicketybam and Brook! like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

During the regular season I do an all 1pm game ML, an all 4pm ML parlay, and an all game ML parlay. It's fun but it doesn't hit, I just put like $5 on it like you said.

I never do SGPs either but did a couple this weekend. Didn't hit any, not sure why I even did them.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

NASCAR is the way to go guys. Can't wait till it starts. I love basketball but NASCAR IMO is the single best sport to bet because the payouts are high and you got guys that are good at certain tracks so you can tell who will be in contention. Plus they have PRACTICE where you can see ahead of time who is going to be good.

Practice?!?! What an advantage to bettors. Can you imagine that? The 49ers & Packers play this weekend, but they take Lambeau Field against each other on Friday night before the game and run some plays against each other....haha..

hey I think I'll bet on the team with the plays that are working :D

NYJFOREVER and Brook! like this.
  10. FJF

Most sgp I do are when dk offers a free bet for placing one. I like having 2 chances to lose the same money

dawinner127, NYJFOREVER and Brook! like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I read an article where it stated that Vegas makes the bulk of their money off of parlay bets. I believe it.

My son and my nephew love parlay bets but their biggest mistake is taking too many legs. My max parlay is 3 bets and most of the time it is 2. While these still aren't easy, they have decent payoffs and depending on the week can be very lucrative.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I've never bet on Nascar but I am a fan of the sport. The upcoming year will be sketchy due to the new cars. I have no idea who will do well in these things.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Looks like the Chiefs are down half a point to -1.5. Might take out an early ticket on them if this keeps going down.

The Bills are dynamic but I can’t see them going into Arrowhead and winning this one with the way the Chiefs defense is playing coupled with Mahomes in a groove.

14. FJF

Dk giving away free money. Spurs/nets tomorrow night. either team to score a point +100 max bet $25.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t see it. Might be NY only?

16. FJF

Yea. Just read it. Ny only

17. NYJFOREVER

Buffalo is probably the worst matchup for KC but I'm also not sure if Buffalo gets it done.

Brook! likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

I had the replay of the AFC Championship game on yesterday while working and the Bills need to avoid the massive momentum avalanche.

They were up 9-7 and then the Chiefs hit a 50 yard reverse to Mecole Hardman and you pretty much knew the game was over because they were going to score and the crowd was going wild. The Chiefs scored in like 5 plays in 2 minutes and every play they ran succeeded.

The Bills invested two high picks in their front four because that’s how you beat Mahomes. They finished with 42 sacks, but 9 of those came against us in the last game. I don’t think they have the front four pressure to get to him.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Brook!

Thanks for the insight JV. I was already leaning Chiefs but you solidified it.

But my heavy game will be Titans vs Bengals.

I will go heavy on Titans to cover 3.5 and even cover 9.5. I expect a total annihilation by Titans. I hope I don't get burned much

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m bias because I like Kyle Brandt a lot, but I think this sums up how I’ve been thinking about the Titans all week.