A Current NFL Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieIsTheKing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Heh, Thanks. I was amazed when I saw he wasn't picked yet.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about taking Bulluck for like the past 3 rounds, but someone else was always there. Then I wanted two pass rushers instead so I filled out my LB core without him.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I kept thinking about taking Bulluck but kept backing off cause I would find a younger player who was good. But he is a great LB

4. Pride

Pride New Member

I really do not like the furrey pick. With other receivers on the board I think you could have went other directions. A converted safety, I think he is just a product of the Mike martz open offense

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

Yah, im sorry.

Don't like that pick @ all

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I don't like the pick either.. to compare him to wayne chrebet after one year is a little bit of a reach

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Love to know who these guys are... there are only 2 other 1,000+ yard guys from last year available, both who are 36 and 32 respectively. Below that, it's a bunch of younger guys that are scared to go across the middle.

If you watched Lion games this year, he's a fantastic route runner and can always find the seam in a defense, especially in zones. That's where I see Chrebet, except Furrey can do it on 3 downs while Chrebet famously did it on third downs. He's tough, and doesn't get alligator arms across the middle. He's the perfect posession receiver; I know he's not much of a deep threat.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Looks like dwalsh went over and devilonthetownhallroof is on the clock.

9. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

there was someone I've been eying for while

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

so furrey is better then chrebet ?

O and I watched a couple lions games this year, more importantly I saw when we played them, and I can not seem to remember this force you describe going across the middle.

Sorry.

11. DonnieIsTheKing

He really beat us up this year - 9 catches, 109 yards, and a TD. I don't know how you don't remember him because he was all over the field that day, but maybe it was the aura around the terrible Lion team.

He is better then Chrebet, as Wayne in 12 seasons did not get more catches or yards then Furrey did last year (98; 1,086 - Wayne's career highs are 84 and 1,083).

Don't use the excuse that Chrebet wasn't fed the ball, because in the one year before Meshawn came he was the man - starting 16 games and was the key stone in the offense, only 66 and 726. Furrey didn't even start 2 of the games this year and still beasted those stats. Don't use the Chrebet was a rookie excuse, because it was Furrey's first year at WR in the NFL (not sure if he played there in college).

Also, don't use the Mike Martz offense excuse, because while I was bashing Mark Bulger before, I realized that his offense is REALLY not that stat flaring. Bulger set career highs in yards and TD's only one year after Martz left St. Louis (and that's with an over-the-hill Issac Bruce and the only actual receivers being Holt and Jackson). Speaking of Bruce, he played injured a lot of the year and still brought in 74 catchs in a non-Martz offense.

Well even now - go ahead and use the Mike Martz excuse, but how the hell did Furrey get more passes then Roy Williams? Don't say because Roy Williams got doubled on every play - with the Lions putrid running game they saw a ton of zone and both Williams and Furrey getting doubled.

I understand that Furrey has absolutely no deep threat ability. I understand that he's only had one great year.

We're congratulating Cotchery while he played in a dink-and-dunk offense all year, and had 16 catches and 125 yards less then Furrey. We're either being insanely biased, or Furrey is as good as Cotch.

Furrey did very, very well as a possession receiver in only his first year as a WR in the NFL, but he's very smart and will continue to gain experience and get better. I think he's a solid pick for now and for the future.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

Yah I remember him catching alot of balls, but I dont remember this fearless warrior going across the middle every down.

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

wait so now ur trying to say hes better then williams too ?

14. DonnieIsTheKing

I only said he's tough and doesn't get alligator arms across the middle, nothing about him being a fearless warrior across the middle. Yea Chrebet is the fearless warrior and I love him to death, but that was Chrebet's entire skill set - while atleast Furrey can run good 10-15 yard routes as well.

15. DonnieIsTheKing

I never said that (please stop putting words in my mouth), but he has been getting as many passes as him. He's a very good and very dependable possession receiver.

16. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

17. Ten

Ten Active Member

ahh,I thought Gross would fly under the radar for a few more rounds.

18. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I was gonna take Gross with my next pick

19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

....and I was taking Gamble.....damnnnn

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

you guys are crossing a lot of names off. I really haven't (although I probably just jinxed myself there)