A crazy and way to early draft scenerio

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 6, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

His delivery wasn't that bad, and he vastly improved it once he got to the NFL, no one is a finished product in college ... his throws had plenty of zip and accuracy down the field. You could see the fundamentals, he just needed some work.

Thats the thing, you draft a talented player and you adjust your scheme to his skill-sets, not the other way around. Kudos to Harbaugh for being obvious. He was a better prospect then both Mayfield and Allen. That said no buyers remorse for Darnold.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No one said it was "that bad," .simply that it was a delivery that needed work. No one said it was lacking 'zip' (however you may want to revisit the "plenty of accuracy" claim while at Louisville - he did have accuracy issues that he [to his credit] did eventually address).

"That's the thing, you adjust your scheme to his skill-sets" ???. Um, I think that's precisely what I previously posted..vvv
    Not sure of what you point was except to say that I think your Lamar argument/issues lie with J-Raw24. : )

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

How is his issue with me? I javr said many times Jackson was a better prospect than most taken before him. They only thing I have said was his style may shorten his career. I hope not but its part of football. As for all the credit to Harbaugh, I think Greg Roman deserve a lot of that. He's the offensive coordinator and the one calling the plays. But Harbaugh helped build the team.. he's a real HC. He does things on both side of the ball to make the team better. Maybe one day we can have one.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jackson could've fit in a number of offenses, he was that good coming out. Harbaugh made a great hire and I think scouts really undervalued Lamar pre-draft. He was more accurate then Josh Allen.

No real arguments here, I think he's going to be a great QB in this league and he'll last.