A crazy and way to early draft scenerio

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 6, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

GMs can't be bitter, they need to do whatever they can to improve their team. like they say business is never personal.

2. GasedAndConfused

I bet this draft is looking pretty good right now. just saying :)

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Eh I’d still take Darnold over Jackson. Jackson is having a great season and I get he’s the flavor of the month but he has no lasting power. I suspect that Harbaugh knows this which is why he is using him the way he is, run him into the ground before he dies.

Jackson went to a fantastic situation with the best OL in the game and he is taking advantage of it. I doubt it lasts.

I won’t bump this thread when Jackson dies so go ahead and enjoy tooting your own horn.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

i mean i love darnold too don't get me wrong but you have to admit we'd be in good shape if we did this move as well. better shape then now becuase of the o-line help.

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

So what is your crazy draft scenario this year. Also Jackson still needs a few years for me. Jackson looks great, Baltimore will win for 5 years. But I have fears he will be very injured. I really hope not, but its a big possibility.

6. GasedAndConfused

lol IDK yet. probably none. just keep it simple and get some o-line, CB, and WR help

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Whether it works out in the long term or not, Harbaugh really has the biggest balls in the room to move up to get Jackson and revamp the entire team around him. I get that Flacco was getting stale and had a bad year but they 9-7 with the 9th ranked scoring offense before they drafted him.

It was obviously the right choice. But man. What a move. I don't think many teams can pull off what they did. It's a lot easier to do so with infrastructure and offensive lineman in place.

8. GasedAndConfused

not a lot of balls to move up from round 2 into the last pick of round 1 TBH. yes it was the right move. I mean i advocated for trading down and grabbing lamaar. we could have had him at 10-15ish and 4 extra 2nd round picks over 2 years. i'm still happy with darnold but man if only I was the GM

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm don't think it was ballsy. Flacco was clearly at the end of his career and they moved up to 32 to get it, it wasn't a wild move.

I think what the move shows is just how good of a coach John Harbaugh is. Him and Greg Roman build an entire offense from the ground up for Lamar and it's paying off.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would give my left nut to see Darnold put up the passing stats Lamar put up. Darnold might have more passing yards by end of the year, but 33TDs to 8 INTs with no true superstar at the skill position is very impressive.

11. J-Raw24

I'm not saying Jackson isn't good. I watched him his whole college career. I live an north. But I just don't know how long it will last with his run style

12. 101GangGreen101

He doesn't take dumb hits like RG3 did. He will have a HOF career. Actually the one play Hewitt blasted him (when he broke the rushing record) was probably the hardest hit I've seen Lamar take in the NFL.

13. GasedAndConfused

dam my draft would have ben good. except st brown who is a bust but FQB making pro bowl in 2nd year and 2 good o-lineman in the 1st 2 rounds is pretty nice

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Eventually you won't be the most athletic guy on the field. If they win one title in 5 years before Lamar gets his payday, it's a win. Run him into the ground for a title.

Also, anyone who thinks Lamar would be what he is now in our organization is fooling themselves. Greg Roman isn't getting enough credit for what he is doing. He had that SF offense clicking with Kaepernick and is having this offense click with Lamar. What an offensive mind and absolutely brilliant at adjusting everything to his players strengths.

15. 101GangGreen101

The thing about Lamar no one seems to understand (going back to his college days if you check the Lamar thread here), is that the guy comes back every year improved as a passer, so when his athletic ability diminishes, he will still have a very dangerous arm and will win games with it. This year, he made some amazing throws from the pocket. Ones, Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield would dream of.

Lamar is in a great situation, kudos to the front office and coaching staff for doing the right thing by putting him in the right situation with a system that uses all of Lamar's skillsets.

16. J-Raw24

I watched Lamar his whole college career. This year is his only year as a truly improved passer. His last college year he go slightly better to help his draft stock. This year he go way better. Coming out of college I thought the same thing most do. I saw him in live action 4-5 times his final year. I gave him a 5-7 year career, just another Vick wanna be.

But after this year I'm not so sure. No he didn't get better as a passer in his college career, but this year he did. We will see going forward.

17. 101GangGreen101

Clearly you didn't see him play the year after he won the Heisman. When he developed the ability to stay patient in the pocket and go through reads on a more consistent basis? Great job evaluating.

18. J-Raw24

I was able to go see around 5 games a year and yes I saw him that year to. It wasn't that much improved. In fact that year after he won the heisman i believe his td:int ratio was his worst ever. He did try to throw more, which led to more ints. Which was why he draft stock went down and he was drafted so late. The year he won the heisman he was #1 ranked qb.

#58 J-Raw24, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  19. 101GangGreen101

yeah? Well I was able to see all of his games and he went from a 4th round pick to a late first rounder

20. J-Raw24

If you followed him that much you would know he was considered a top 10 pick after his heisman campaign. Then as the next year unfolded he dropped dramatically. Only Newsome had the balls to pull the trigger on him in round 1.. with the 32nd pick. His last year was laughable because everyone in a 40 mile radius of Louisville was rooting for him. He was all over the news here. As a UoL fan and constant at their games, he was the best thing since Teddy B, but his draft plummeted because his last year was garbage.