A crazy and way to early draft scenerio

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 6, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

If that played out the Jets fans need to boo and continue to boo the entire season. Maccagnan should be dragged out onto the streets and not allowed to make another draft pick ever. Chris Johnson should get a frontal lobotomy for giving these morons a 2 year extension.

2. boozer32

I know right? That is some serious doomsday scenario stuff.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. boozer32

If he drops to 6th why wouldn't the Jets want him? We have nada, zilch, nothing to speak of at QB. If the Jets pass on this guy for multiple picks that they will no doubt mess up anyway. Why would they not take a chance at one of the top QB's. Especially if the Chargers are willing to give up that much who are we to say, urghh we are sitting pretty we can just plck a FQB off the FQB tree out back at any time.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The main reason might be the turnovers. The Jets had a talented USC QB recently who couldn't stop turning the ball over. They even committed to him twice.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They need a vet to push Darnold if he's the pick and not anoint him the day 1 starter if he's not ready. What happened to Sanchez should not affect how they feel about Darnold. Also, they stripped Sanchez of 2 of his most reliable targets after 2010 and replaced them with Plaxico and Mason.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

based on what? we get a franchise QB to franchise o-line anchors (think brick and mangold in that 1 draft) and WR help just in the 1st 2 rounds. then we still have the rest of our picks for CB, RB, OLB etc.

anyway it's way too early it was more of just for fun, but i'd be pretty happy if we landed a LT, C, FQB, and WR in the first 2 rounds alone.

CotcheryFan and boozer32 like this.
  7. boozer32

Ok you're taking my stance on certain schools. I hate Ohio State players and we have had the worst luck with them Gholston, Smith, Nugent, Lee, The Wild Boar hunting LB. Sanchez took us to back to back AFC playoffs. When have we been back to just the playoffs?

Br4d likes this.
  8. boozer32

I agree its way too early and fun but I still love seeing mock drafts. We always get them wrong lol but they kill the time till actual draft day. Draft day os like a holiday to me and its always a day that stuff come up. People know not to bother me on that day yet they still do.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

If Darnold or Rosen were somehow still available at #6 the Jets should sprint to the podium with their pick.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  10. boozer32

Got that right!!

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Okay, I did. He was GM of Panthers 2013-2016. The highest a guard was drafted under him was 3rd round.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I like "out-of-the-box" thinking as much or more than most, but it needs to be realistic and make at least some sense. Division teams almost never trade with each other, so to begin with Buffalo and the Jets trading picks would not happen. The Jets trading with Buffalo and not only missing out on a real chance for our first FQB in decades, but giving them their FQB so they could kick the crap out of us for the next 10 years would be unbelievably stupid, and even Mac isn't that dumb.

Sorry, I don't mean to be so negative with your posts, but you really post some of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever seen on a Jets fan site. You must be in your early 20s or maybe even teens, so it's understandable and forgivable, but you really need to learn more about the NFL and how it works.

13. GasedAndConfused

all true, i never feel bad though because every expert gets them wrong too LMAO. you'd have a better chance at winning the lotto then predicting every pick in the 1st round correctly

boozer32 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

that means nothing, look at how he reaches for players all the time. mccafery at 7? funchess in the 2nd (he was regarded as a 4th to 6th round pick) gettleman will find who he likes and draft them early 9 out of 10 times

#34 GasedAndConfused, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  15. GasedAndConfused

LMAo not even close on the age thing ;) my kids are almost in their teens.

Division teams DO trade with each other, yeah it's rare but trades in general in the NFL are rare except on draft day. Hell the fins traded welker to the pats. it's a myth and the reason being is you only have 3 trade partners in the division but 28 trade partners outside of the division. Even LAST YEAR in 2017 the seahawks traded their 1st round pick to the niners for their 2nd and 4th rounders. right there division draft day trade

on top of that the jets still land their FQB and an extra 1st rounder. Stop with the hype stuff. last year trubisky was taken 2nd overall, mahomes 10th overall, watson 12th overall. who looks the best so far? watson. Rarely is the 1st QB taken the best in the draft. I think u need to learn how the NFL works becuase this has to be the 10th time you claimed something "never happens" that happens

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Have to disagree - I think the poster specifically stated on Drat Day. find me the last draft that had the Jets trading anything with the Pats, Phins or Bills. Forget about mentioning the ratio between 3 teams and the rest of the league. Pats, phins, Bills or Jets are pretty much like the Hatfields and McCoys. It's whomever gets one over on first is the winner.

17. GasedAndConfused

If you read my whole post you would have seen i specifically said and in ALL CAPS that last year in 2017 the seahawks traded their 1st round draft pick to division rival niners in exchange for their 2nd and 4th rounders. So like i said teams do make draft day trades within the division. What you are asking for is such a specific scenario it doens't make sense. He said teams don't trade within their own division, i gave a perfect example from last year that they do. There is no boycott or unwritten rule about trading within your division and it does happen which was the point. If you really wanted to go there though, we did trade belichick to NE for 2 1st rounders so there is that.

18. BomberJet

I reads your entire post. I'm only referring to the Jets - don't give a rats patutty what other divisons do.

We didn't trade Belicheck intentionally - he resigned from the Jets so it was forced issue regarding draft picks that Kraft was very reluctant to part with. . . And besides, that had nothing to do with the draft.

#38 BomberJet, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. GasedAndConfused

it's such a stupid scenerio though. and way to anecdotal. It would be like saying tell me the last time someone purchased ice cream walked outside, got hit by lightning, then won the lotto. Way to many rare variables, but no reason that exact scenario couldn't happen.

20. BomberJet

Agreed, It can happen again, but the bitterness remains and I blame it all on miscommunication. That Bellicheck handled it his own way was as if he got hit by lightening and won the lotto.