A Breakdown of the Aaron Rodgers Situation

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MaximusD163, May 7, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How many great talent stacks did Rivers, Brees, Favre, Prime Brady, etc. play with? They usually all had a mixture of different positions as far as offensive talent is concerned. Rodgers also played with Driver, Cobb, Jennings, Jordy, etc. Manning played with two great receivers during both stops but lesser options at tightend and runningback. Wilson plays with two good receivers and a god awful offensive line. When he won the SB, he had a great runningback and a decent receiver and a dominant run blocking line.

Rodgers doesn't have the best collection of talent in the league, but he's had enough to get it done in the past couple years. I do think they should make a play at Julio of it's not too costly, and should've tried to add another receiver over the past couple years. But I'm not a fan of the narrative like he's out there with the Texans supporting cast by himself.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Maybe if GB gave their QB some weapons, he wouldn’t have a losing record in the playoffs.

Jordan retired at 38. I believe we have different definitions of being in ones prime. But going with the theme of surrounding the best players with a strong supporting staff, remember when they got MJ Rodman?

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought you were talking about when Jordan retired for baseball

4. KingRoach

When Rodgers played with Jordy and Cobb, he had 2 strong options to throw to.

Manning had 2 great receivers and Brees played with an Offensive genius. Rivers never won it all. I know GB has a nice run game but I doubt a FQB would rather have a top RB and a mediocre #2 WR than a mediocre RB and a top #2 receiver.

I have no skin in the game either way but if I was a Packers fan I’d be pissed about not trying to get my MVP QB the weapons. “He has enough to get it done” seems like something my grandfather would say when his staff would ask for equipment made this century.

Re: the narrative, don’t forget Rodgers isn’t putting that narrative out there. He’s only made one appearance discussing his situation. The “narrative” is being pushed by people speculating and judging. People like me who wonder if the Packers woulda taken Claypool instead of Love if they’d have been able to get past the Buccs in the championship game last year.

5. KingRoach

Nah, that wasn’t about the coach that was about him losing his dad and the fire that drove him. Fucking tragic. Thank God he got the fire back and gave those us us old enough to be there 3 more years of greatness.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I get it. I know he's not creating the narrative but he also mentioned loving just about everyone but the front office in his Kenny Mayne interview so he obviously has some issues with their move.

But their issues are really on the defensive front. I also have a hard time feeling bad for him in that game even with the horrible LaFleur decision.

1 - he missed a wide open Lazard (I believe) because he forced the ball to Adams three straight times in the first half and they settled for a FG.

2 - he could've ran the ball in for a score when LaFlaur kicked the FG. Might not have gotten there but he would've set them up closer.

3 - Brady had what? Three second half picks? They only scored once on those three turnovers and accumulated exactly five yards on the other two drives and couldn't even flip the field.

7. KingRoach

1. Forcing a throw to Adams as opposed to a wide open Lazard reinforces the narrative he didn’t trust any of his other receivers.

2. Yeah

3. Maybe if he had another weapon he trusted they’d have taken advantage of Brady’s 3 picks.

IMO the only way he takes another snap in GB is if they grab Julio. We will see.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Come on man, the guy can make mistakes. He is not a deity.

The way I see it, he's 13-3 playing at home in the frozen tundra. best position he can possibly be in.

I don't care if he has Allen Lazard or Woody Allen at wide reciever. He's supposed to be one of the best ever. You can't lose that game

#28 BrowningNagle, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

He's going nowhere. He has zero leverage. What can he threaten? Retirement? He wants to win another SB and definitely wants to win one somewhere else ala Brady. He's too old to sit out a season and then jump back into the clusterfuck because Green Bay will own his rights still I believe.

He also didn't make enough noise before the draft (other than the accidental leaked report day of).

Green Bay also drafted his replacement. They don't want to play him yet because he was incredibly raw at Utah State but he can throw the ball a mile.

He'll be there next year whether he likes it or not.

10. KingRoach

If there was a way to bet you, I would.

He’s incredibly smart and reportedly incredibly spiteful.

I don’t see it, but we’ll find out.

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I can't wait until he tries to lip-sync like Mariah Carey did on New Year's Eve. Better yet, Ashlee Simpson.

12. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

He thinks he is incredibly smart. Anyone with at least half a brain can see right through him and all of his narcissistic, drama queen/diva, passive aggressive cunty bullshit. I have no doubt that he is stupid and arrogant enough, however, to honestly believe that no one can see through it and that he has everyone fooled and manipulated. With Peyton Manning retired, and Tigger having more car trouble, the national sports media had to find someone else to fellate, I guess. They certainly all love them some Rodgers.

#32 patleahy, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think you don't care too much for the guy.

patleahy likes this.
  14. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

solid reading comp, @Ralebird

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Packers were absolutely wrong for drafting Love in the 1st round when they could've provided Aaron Rodgers with a Tee Higgins (900+ receiving yards and 6 TDs as a Rookie) when everyone and their mother knew Higgins out of Clemson was a bad man heading in.

And had they drafted Higgins they might've gone to the Super Bowl because GB only lost to TB by 5 points during the NFC Championship Game.

We can bad mouth Rodgers all we want but he balled out last year and gave his team every opportunity possible to win a SB while going 372/526 (70.7%), 48 TDs/5 INTs, QB Rating of 121.5 along with a record of 13-3.

He was pissed off and was a man on a mission and also gave his all during the postseason.

GB has only drafted one 1st round player dating back to 2011 (Love) and I'm sorry but that's absolutely freaking criminal.

And then they did it again this year. They took a CB 1st round while passing on Elijah Moore, Terrace Marshall Jr., Rondale Moore and TuTu Atwell.

Unbelievable.

Only 1 Offensive player drafted 1st round dating back to 2011?

Even our JETS have selected 4 1st round picks dating back to 2011 (pissed off our fan base to say the least).

Thnx you Green Bay. Thnx you for passing on Elijah Moore for a CB.

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Knowing our luck Rodgers will somehow end up on the Pats or Fins.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't say that.

The man just went 372/526 (70.7%), 48 TDs/5 INTs, QB Rating of 121.5 along with a record of 13-3 last year.

And led his team to an NFC Championship Game appearance (despite GB only drafting him one Offensive 1st Round player dating back to 2011.

Take it back (he's only 37 and can easily play for another 5 years).

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I have no idea if NE or Mia have room cap wise to make it work. Who knows if GB will even trade him. But if GB does trade him then NE/Mia make sense. Bill is up there age wise so he is in win now mode as I doubt he wants to go thru a full rebuild. Who knows if the Fins are sold on Tua. Rodgers probably would go to either place as both rosters are good enough to win with especially with him at QB. Like I mentioned it would be just our luck if that happened.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yeah I just had to check myself.

The good news?

N.E = 11th in the league in available salary cap space ($16M).

MIA = 23rd in the league in available salary cap space ($7M).

"In 2021, Rodgers will earn a base salary of $14,700,000, a roster bonus of $6,800,000 and a incentive bonus of $850,000, while carrying a cap hit of $37,202,000 and a dead cap value of $38,356,000".

They'd pretty much have to gut their roster in order to make room for ARod.

And you're right about Belly being up there in age. 69 years old. He's currently 3rd in All-Time wins and only sticking around because he's 48 wins away from Don Shula and wants to stick it to him while he's in the grave (because Shula always considered him a cheater before passing away and once even called Bill "Beli-cheat"). I believe 48 is just too many wins away from catching him; I don't think Bill can pull it off.

But I agree. It'll become a nightmare to have to face Aaron Rodgers 2x per year throughout the next 4-5 years and a nightmare I hope doesn't happen.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It probably won't happen but if GB does trade him I definitely think its to an AFC team.