9-7 is a legitimate outcome

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by All Gas No Shake, Oct 15, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

one thing to think about that Steelers game late in the year is that Le'Veon Bell will be extremely motivated for that one

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

tank for tua!

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Dolphins just announced that Fitz is starting at Buffalo. For a team that supposedly wants to tank why put in the veteran QB. Rosen might turn out to be a good QB someday but Fitz is the better QB right now.

4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

When was the last time Alabama produced a legitimate QB prospect? Even if Tua turns out to be the real deal the cupboard is completely bare now. The Dolphins could have tanked without trading their LT and CB and still gotten Tua or whichever QB they want. Now they are going to depend on the draft to replace the pieces they traded away. Stupid...

I read a report yesterday that they are also planning on tanking in 2020 because the QB they really want is Lawrence from Clemson. No proof that is true but the fact it’s being thrown around is really turning into a black eye for the NFL imo.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

watch Fitzpatrick play well in Buffalo and beat his old team, that would be hilarious

NCJetsfan, HomeoftheJets and mrjet80 like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Maybe to keep the kid from getting pummeled into oblivion.... He's already on the fast track to David Carr town.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

I haven't really watched anything on the QB class this year. don't really care since the jets aren't drafting any. More focused on WR/O-line/CB/Edge personally. I think we take a RB late as well. I think ty and powell are both gone after this year leaving us with only bell and cannon.

with that said, I agree and have 0 understanding of why miami traded tunsil and fitz. You don't trade young stud players in the middle of their rookie contract. especially someone blocking for the QB you plan to draft. You typically trade good older veterans since they aren't part of the future plans, not players who could be there for the next decade

8. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I really think it is as simple as this:

If they beat the Pats --> I can see a run happening.
    If they don't --> I really can't

Obviously there's more to it than that, but it's just how it seems. If they beat the Pats the entire feel of the team and the season will flip. All of those games they are "favored" in are not even CLOSE to automatic, and if they lose to the Pats (which they most likely will), the attitude of the team will likely lean a little bit back towards the "woe is me" sort of thing, and I could see them losing focus and dropping a couple that they should have won.

If they beat the Pats? Who the heck knows. 12-4?

sackexchange likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Even if they beat the Pats, this team will find a way to lose a game or two they should've won. It in their DNA, sadly.

10. GasedAndConfused

funny thing is, dallas fans were saying that about us. most thought they were going to lose to the jets becuase "they always play down to bad opponents" pretty much every fan feels this way about their team

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol at people talking about playoffs with this team....Lets see how they hold up Monday night first...We wont win without Mosley.1 game doesnt erase 4 of the worst Jet games ive ever seen.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

It’s a legit outcome for a real coach and quality roster

Both of which we don’t have

we will be 6-10

gee wiz- ticker tape time

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Two things that scare me about tonight and the rest of the season.

1. Everyone is saying we can upset the Patriots. Every time that happens the Jets get crushed. I remember the Monday night with Rex. The Jets were flying high. Everyone said they were going to beat the Pats. We lost by 40. It was so bad he buried the ball. I fear that could be happening tonight.

2. The other thing I am scared of is that people are saying we're going to win 9-10 games. Leger Douzable said they'll get to 10 and make the playoffs. I see this and now I think we're lucky if we win 5.

With Darnold I see why their is confidence. That being said another injury and we'll be back to not looking like and NFL offense. The other thing that scares me and I believe will continually hurt the team this year is depth. The line which has depth due to quick fixes is a step or two away from starting guys off the street. Same with cb. CB we could patchwork and still function but a bad offensive line will kill us. Time will tell. Hopefully no more injuries. Easier said than done. Take it game by game. Quarter by quarter and play by play. Enjoy the victories. All we have this year. Wish a Super Bowl but probably not this year.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

it’s like we just won 10 straight baseball games

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

me thinks tonights game will be somewhat of a proverbial measuring stick....especially on the dark side. if we get a 40-10 ass kicking we certainly know the answer and its back to fire/trade everyone. if its a game and our young players look good against the pats then maybe last week wasn't a mirage.

BrickcityJet and stinkyB like this.
  16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

17-0 down against the Pats in the first quarter. Yup, definitely a 9-7 team....

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And how about at this moment?

18. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It is quite entertaining to see some people chalk up future wins for the Jets on their schedule like the Ws are a sure thing. Makes you wonder what team the are watching.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Why not?

20. Ralebird

This should be called the Timothy Leary Thread.

Brook will probably shut it down like he did the Jets Will Beat the Pats Thread to protect the insane rather than leave it open so they can explain themselves.