9/11 always in our hearts

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Satan, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Thinking of you guys as always today.

stinkyB and phubbadaman like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:bowshead:

although, did you not have a hand involved, Satan?

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Was on my way to work in Columbus, OH. First day on the new job. Stuck in traffic listening to the morning news and Bang! This shit happens. Got to work and all televisions were on the WT Towers smoking. I still had cousins working the MTA and their route was the Broadway local #1 train. Tried to call into NYC but all lines were in use. Never in my life did I feel so helpless. Needless to say, it wasn't my best day at work. Told my new boss I was a NY native and he immediately got there. Let me go early that day so I could try and contact family. Nice guy. Miss that Boss.

TNJet likes this.
  4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I live about an 8 or so hour drive away in a different country and I still remember it vividly and felt so shocked and apalled, I can't imagine for the people who lived and/or worked in the city or had friends and family who did. My heart continues to go out to all the innocent people who were murdered on that day and their friends and families who suffered as a result.

5. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Was in 5th Grade when all this happened .......and I have always lived 20 min from the city. Strange sight to behold still is

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wife flew out of Newark that morning on business and thankfully got to NC okay,,,,,,I was working in midtown manhattan ,,,,,,very heavy heart today,,,,,never forget !

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I still remember listening to a phone call of someone trapped on the upper floors as she complained by how hot it was and asking when will she get help. :( sad sad stuff.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I was in my 4th grade class =/. They didnt tell us anything.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I was at work. They stopped production and allowed us to go home with pay. That was such a surreal day that I will never forget.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

1st period algebra, computer teacher walked in at the end of class, whispered something to my teacher, and my teacher just stopped teaching for the rest of class with no explanation. Went to 2nd period chemistry and similar thing happened. Computer teacher walked in, whispered something to my teacher, and my teacher just stopped, turned the TV on and put it to the news. The first building had been hit and was on fire. Few minutes later, second plane comes out of nowhere, flies into the building, and the TV loses all connection.

Crazy ass day. Quite a few people I knew were supposed to be there that day but were late or got called to be somewhere else that day and missed it.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

At work, beautiful sunny morning. Then when it happened word passed quickly.

Years prior to that day, 1st job out of school was for a French company, Eurotainer U.S., whose U.S. office was originally located in 1 WTC, 88th floor (they moved U.S. operations to Houston, TX years prior to 9/11/01). To get to the office, you took the express elevator to the 79th floor (1-79) then disembarked, walked around the corner to another bank of elevators that were staggered, i.e. "local" elevators that went to different floors within various ranges. Had northern (midtown) and western (Hudson River, harbor) exposure and would literally look 'down' and see small airplanes flying down the Hudson River corridor. Happy times there included viewing the 100th anniversary of the Brooklyn Bride from the roof of 1 WTC, fireworks (at 1,300 ft. up) literally exploding in front of us. Still can't believe how those buildings are gone, and admit I still think very bad thoughts about some people on September 11th .

Brook! likes this.
  12. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

And always will continue to be

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can only imagine the shock back in '41 when Pearl Harbor got hit. That was a terrorist act on this country before there were terrorists.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

This year 9/11 was a little off for me. I actually flew from LAX to Seoul, Korea on 9/10 but because of the date line arrived in Korea abut 5:30 PM on the 11th. I left at 8 PM and arrived in Manila at about 11 PM on 09/11. It got me thinking that people on this side of the world including many Americans went to bed that night having no idea what was unfolding on the other side of the world while they slept.

As far as that morning, I'll never forget. I was working for Continental Airlines at the time based in Newark but I was home in Vegas. I had just started on a leave as I decided to take a foreign language class to improve my pay and I can remember getting a call that a plane flew into the WTC, my initial thought was a commuter plane or Cesna but obviously it was much much worse. That morning was horrible as I had no idea if any of my friends were working those flights or if any CO planes had been hijacked.

I also saw that Australia has raised their terror threat level to high as many of these ISIS fucks are from there. It's sad that the civilized nations of this world are paying the price for giving these people freedoms and rights.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Whoa, you're in the P.I? Barry gonna get a new girlfriend.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I live in the city...Was in high school and this happened 15 blocks from my school. Imagine everyone in suits running for their lives on park avenue.

I was witness...Thankfully, I was walking distance from home and and my family couldnt afford cell phones at the time. So thankfully we werent all displaced worried.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Exactly my point, we give these people freedoms and rights for them to use it to actively push an agenda of hate and terror. I have serious doubts the framers ever imagined freedom of speech being used in this manner. I read about that Somali refugee we allowed to come here in the 90's who was blown away by a drone in Syria and it made me think about how we gave this asshole everything he ever could have dreamed by getting him away from Somalia. What was his thanks? Going to join a terror group in Syria that want to do harm to Americans and America. Again the price we pay for being civilized....

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They are all terrorists, every single one of them. Their holy book states they have to spread terror to the non believers, wage a holy way against the non-believers. They are all a threat, I dont care how nice they try to come across as. Their own holy book also states that they can only be loyal to Islam and Allah, they are not allowed to be loyal to the United States, so they all need to leave, every last one of them.

20. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

They twist the meanings to meet their own needs.