(5/20) Jordan Leggett waived

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, May 20, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Do you really think anyone is going to even tweet about it if he gets cut? Or when he makes the team but sees no action over Brate and Howard?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I would love to see the evidence of how good teams have gotten so much with the conditional 7th round picks they've picked up through the years, as opposed to with undrafted free agents. And no confirmation bias, either - that means teams that were accepted as "good" before they made the trade, not afterwards because the trade worked out. Somehow I have my doubts, since anyone drafted in the 7th round obviously wasn't viewed very highly by the team, or they wouldn't have let other teams get almost 200 shots at him. (This of course shows how the tale of how smart BB was to draft Brady in the 6th round is such BS - if BB had had the slightest idea of how good Brady was going to be he wouldn't have waited until the 6th round to draft him, allowing every other team multiple chances to steal him. Sometimes you get lucky.)

Red Menace and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I get why people are upset. We want to root for drafted players. Leggett looked ok last year. Figured this year he could be better. That being said it's a third string tight end. He's not going to be a difference between playoffs and no playoffs. Yes maybe we could've gotten a 7th rounder for him. Maybe Gase should've called teams. Maybe he did call and wasn't getting anything and moved on. I admit I'm 50-50 on what's going on and would have rather had Leggett here. He's not. It's not like we cut Darnold, Adams or Bell. September will tell. If the Jets don't win and don't win early then is time to be an outrage.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

There are reasons players are let go that go beyond what we see on the field.

Who knows why....

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.