5/11 RedSox @ Yankees Rubber Match

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by EcKo151, May 11, 2006.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

absolutely. Maybe Melky will be a great player,maybe he won't. But this is not the time for trial and error. Crosby has earned the spot,and with regularity,he will be only better yet.

2. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

The thing to remember is this is most likely Sheff's last year with the Yankees. I dont see an extension coming so you need to see just what Melky can do and what his status with the team will be.
    Whether that is the starting RF next year or trade bait, you wont know anything unless he plays.

Melky - Damon - Crosby until Sheff gets back and then Melky - Damon - Sheff.

3. typeOnegative13NY

Yeah,since we have 2 open spots in te OF,you are right. He will get a shot. But if we are in a race mid-end season.and he isn't producing,It's gotta be Crosby-Damon-Sheff until Matsui gets back. I'm not so sure if matsui will be able to come back this year. that rehab is going to be brutal.

4. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I wont be surprised if Matsui is done for the year. 3 months goes to August and I think that he will be in a cast until then if it is broken. Then the Re-hab.
    You have to find out now what Melky can do and if he has any trade value. He would have more value than Bubba does and we will need BP help by then.

I also have to wonder if Phillips had been at first if he would have been able to hold onto Jeter's throw.
    I have always thought that Bubba and Phillips need to get more PT.

5. typeOnegative13NY

I was thinking the same thing last night at the game. Why,atleast after Cairo K'ed twice,was Phillips not put in? That play,the throw from Jeter was the dagger.

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Rumor is Cashman is looking at Jose Guillen, Bobby Abreu, and MAYBE Alfonso Soriano...

A guy who makes chump change that can play OF...Miguel Cabrera. But Florida is gonna want Hughes and someone else at the least IMO

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cabrera to the Yankees? Yeah, that'll be the day.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That's why it's a rumor.

9. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Maybe Stienbrenner will buy the Marlins and then you can have Cabrera.

10. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I dont wanna give up Hughes either, that guy will anchor or rotation for about 15 years when he's called up. Although Id love Cabrera, just stick with Crosby and Melky, were fine with them for now.

11. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Wow understatement of the day, hmmm one of the best OF in the league, just turned 24..... The Yankees have absolutely nothing to offer for him, he blows away any prospects they have, and the Marlins won't take on salary, no way to get that done

12. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

15 Years? I can think of 2 top starters that has been with his team that long.

13. ShadeTree#55

Jose Guillen and Sheff in the same clubhouse. I am drooling.

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

This guy will be our ace for the next 45-47 years:breakdance:

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

the season is lost...we are not making the playoffs...you heard it hear first..all you guys with blinders on will rip me,but its true...we continue to assemble a fantasy team instead of a baseball team.....we dont have the pitching guys.we dont have the defense.melky and bubba in the outfield everyday....nah,that scumbag torre will have his boyfriend bernie in there everyday so he can lose every ounce of self-respect he has left...the sox have better pitching than we do,better defense than we do(which isnt too hard) and their "big bats" are WAAAY more clutch than ours...cleveland will win the wildcard and we will be home for the playoffs no doubt....maybe at least theyll fire that shitbag torre once and for all

16. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Torre is done Sweat Lou will be Manager next year!

#96 jkgrandchamp, May 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2005
  17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What the hell then? I'll start some asinine ones, too.

Jake Peavy to the Mets for Jose Valentin.
    Andruw Jones to the Yankees for Bubba Crosby.

18. typeOnegative13NY

Sometimes adversity can be good for a team,especially one like the Yankees. You have a vet ballclub made up of stars and it breeds a lazy mentality. Now were gonna mix in some youth because we are forced to. Don 't throw the towel in like that. The season is very young,and this is the yankees were talkin 'bout. The Yankees will win the East,mark my words.

19. ShadeTree#55

So he can Yell at Arod for whiffing in big spots, it really worked in Tampa.

20. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Matsui is cool:

"Due to the injury, I feel very sorry and, at the same time, very disappointed to have let my teammates down," Matsui said through an interpreter. "I would like to thank (Yankees manager) Joe Torre from the bottom of my heart for having been considerate of my consecutive games played streak these past several years and for placing me in the lineup every day."