5/10 RedSox @ Yankees Game Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by EcKo151, May 10, 2006.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

old ketchup sock:rofl2:

2. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Well if the board was around during Ventura's "grand slam single" game in 1999 that thread would likely be beaten. 15 amazin' innings!

3. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

You got that right :up:

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Bernie goes shopping at the gap.

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Damon finally gets some luck on his side.

6. DonnieIsTheKing

As a younger fan, I became a fan in the wildcard play-in game against the Reds that year and I became a fan for life in the Ventura game. To date, still the best game I have ever seen.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Great job by Moose.

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Yeah. I bet. I'd love to see a replay of that game. I remember watching it at my friend's house. My recollection of baseball goes back to 1993 World Series with Toronto and the Phillies. I became a Yankee fan during the 1995 playoff when they lost to the Mariners. I really don't remember anything about New York baseball before 1995, but for some reason, i remember watching that 1993 World Series. Don't ask.:breakdance:

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Proctor has become a huge weapon in the pen. I can't wait until Dotel gets back, this bullpen will be dominant.

10. DonnieIsTheKing

The Yankees are playing great tonight. Play like this every night and they'll beat the shit out of the Red Sox on a night to night basis. Problem is... do they have another starter that can do this good?

11. DonnieIsTheKing

Julian Tavarez? He's still alive? Damn he looks like he's 105 as usual.

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

With this lineup and bullpen, they need guys who can go 6 innings and only give up 3 runs, and they'll be fine. I think Wang and Chacon can do that, easily.

13. DonnieIsTheKing

You're right,but guys like Jaret Wright, Carl Pavano, and yes - Randy Johnson are just not capable of it. Wang and Chacon seem a little erratic to me too... I think the Yankees need one or two more pitchers to step up so they can still win the games when the offense scores 3 runs (which the Yankees have actually done often this year).

#53 DonnieIsTheKing, May 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  14. DonnieIsTheKing

Most of the edit glitch things have been from prominant posters... but who the hell is 10Chad2JMacAttack81? That name is long and would look better if it had a pattern (like 10Chad281JMacAttack) instead of a bunch of words thrown in there.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Very nice performance by all tonight.

16. Yanks really needed that win. It was beginning to look like they had some sort of "Mental block" against the Sox.

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

This one's for George

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I don't know about dominant. Despite the very good start with Proctor this year, I still have my doubts and am not quite confident in him. Right now, the only guy i'm confident in is Mariano.

Tanya is a joke...Myers and Villone are average...Farnsworthless has been below average...Small is pretty much dying...Dotel can bolster this pen back up, and Proctor-Dotel/Farnsworth to Mariano seems good...But I want to see Proctor do this another month or so.

Moose...What can I say. He shut me up tonight and this year. 1st AL 6-game winner, and after the HR's to Ortiz and Lowell I thought bad about Moose, then he settled down and pitched like he has this whole year...Very good.

19. Drew

Drew Active Member

I was there tonight. Awesome game.

So much fun in the bleachers when they play the Sox and awesome on the train. :lol:

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Farnsworth has been below average? How? Aside from two suspect appearences against Minnesota and Texas, he has been great. Proctor-Farnsworth-Dotel-Rivera has the chance to be dominant, without a doubt. I'm still not completely sold on Proctor, but the adjustments he made this off-season were well documented, so he very well could be legit. Farnsworth has been good, Dotel at the worst could be "good", and his upside is to be the best setup man in baseball, and of course, Rivera is Rivera.