49ers' cornerback Carlos Rogers says Jets quit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Demosthenes9, Oct 2, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

I don't know whether they quit or not, but I will say this, once a game is felt to be out of reach there are many NFL players that will make a business decision to ease off. If I was on the D last game and saw nothing was going to get us back in the game I might be tempted to back off and just play not to get hurt.

Pride is all well and good in High School and college ball, but when it is 27-0 in the 4th and I break my ankle getting rolled up trying to make a play pride won't pay the bills. A loss is a loss, once those guys see it is out of reach they will uit, it is all a matter of faith in the QB as to whether a team feels they are out of it. You have Brady or Rogers as your QB and 21-0 middle of the 3rd doesn't seem too bad, apparently this team feels that means the game is over

2. catfish

catfish New Member

I started wagging my finger at the TV when A Smith kept overthrowing his receivers as I was having as much effect on the incomplete pass as Wilson was

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

We don't need Carlos Rogers to tell us this. It's plainly obvious that they quit in that game. Again, this is on Ryan, he should have done something about it. Two days off?! Good thinking! ;)

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Then they ought to have the coach pull them out of the game and put the third stringers in.

Go ask someone like Ray Lewis what he would be doing on the field if the Ravens were down 27-0 in the third Q. Or Troy Polamalu, or Brian Urlacher. You have some damned pride in your defense. You have the attitude of: "We're getting our ass kicked and we are probably going to lose since the offense is misfiring. That sucks, but guess what ? That offense isn't going to score another damned TD if I have anything to say about it."

5. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

just make it thru the day and collect that check

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Hey, "worn down" is not a compliment or a rationalization. It's a more valid criticism than "they quit", which implies that they did not perform up to standards because they did not want to.

When a defense gets "worn down", it's a sign that they are not as strong, not as fast, not as young and not as energetic as the opposing team, and can be beaten by coaches who call plays to exploit these weaknesses.

Isn't that what happens almost every time late in the close games we play?

Did the Jets quit when the Steelers scored on their late drive to make it 27-10?

Did the Jets quit when the Dolphins tied the score to send the game into overtime?

We as fans have to face facts that with the defensive players we are putting on the field now, we will get worn down in just about every game.