#4 PICK

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jojo, Mar 25, 2022.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I could also see Edge at #10, and then moving back up into the late teens for a WR or 20s for Linderbaum. I think you go the BPA at #4 & #10 & then get aggressive with the bounty of other picks to move up to fill a need (or to trade for a vet).

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think they're getting a WR in the 1st in somehow. Even if they go Ickey at 4, and Edge at 10, I think they'd move back into the 1st for Treylon Burks or Chris Olave.

I also think 4 is down to Ickey or Kayvon. Where it would get really interesting is if the top three went like this: 1-Jax: Hutchinson, 2-Det: Kayvon, 3-Hou: Ickey.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

The more I read about Becton, the less confidence I have that he will be the answer..............................even if he gets onto the field.

The priority has to be to keep Zach upright.

With that in mind, I go OL @ #4. I would be very happy with either Neal or Icky. I love Thibs here also, but I think protecting Zach has to be priority #1. I would be totally good with Thibs here and Cross @ 10 if the staff reads the draft that way in terms of when Cross might go.

At ten I would go with BPA - hopefully one of Sauce, Johnson, or Hamilton falls (assuming OL at 4). If two QBs go in the top nine, there will definitely be a very good player available to us @ 10. I would also be quite content if a WR is BPA on the Jets board at ten. I also would not mind a trade down at this spot if Joe isn't in love with anybody still on the board.

We got Moore in the second round last year. Assuming no Deebo trade, there will be a good receiver available............hopefully our scouts have done their job and can ID that player, so I am in no rush to draft a receiver who isn't the BPA on our board in the first round.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm wary of a 23 year old prospect who's had one good season.

Ozymandias, Lon Chaney and Noam like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Johnson is exactly the kind of pick that a building team should fear. He's not proven. He will be 28 going into his 2nd deal. If he proved out at any level as the #4 or #10 that contract will have to be big to keep him.

There are so many traps in this draft for the Jets specifically. This is because they haven't drafted well over the last 5 years and they need their first and 2nd day picks to hit or the talent shortfall will be just too much this year and next.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I've been on the Thibodeaux train since late last year. His "red flags" appear to be manufactured to find some fault with him.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That is very disturbing news. And what it tells me is that Douglas's seat is warmer than people believe. Although that might be considered a good thing by some, if that means Clueless Woody is getting involved, it's the worst possible thing. Johnsons should remain hands off! If Douglas fails, let it be clearly by his own choices and decisions. Apparently Woody hasn't learned from his own massive failures:

- Hiring Idzik and pairing him with Rex without clearly designating who was in charge.
    - Hiring Maccagnan and Bowles without any understanding of how to assess GM and coaching talent.
    - Extending Macc and Bowles even after Macc passed on Mahomes and Watson and drafted TWO Safeties in the same draft and Bowles choked getting them into the playoffs while playing a cake schedule.
    - Signing Gase - nuff said.
    - Not firing Macc when he fired Bowles.

These are just the "greatest hits" of the Clueless Brothers. Whatever you think of Douglas, he's far smarter and experienced than Woody will ever be.

JetFanInPA and Jojo like this.
  10. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I doubt Woody is involved other than "We can trade this pick(s) for this player, who we'd have to pay $25mil per year for. Are you good with that contract?"

Ralebird likes this.
  11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Please don't take Johnson.

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Hughes has talked a lot about this, he says Woody is the impatient meddler while Chris is the passive one. Chris did some good things like finally changing the HC/GM structure but I think he's largely been passive to a fault. Letting Mac conduct another draft before firing him immediately after had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen an NFL team do. Gase was also retained a year too long.

Woody hasn't been a good owner by any means but to be honest he's probably been a better one than Chris.

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If the involvement is "I'm okay with paying this contract and making a huge splash like that" then I don't really care. It's not Douglas' money that's in massive signing bonuses.