4:20

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Out here in cali you have to wait 6 hours before operating a vehicle if you have used your medicinal MJ.

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I almost feel like I drive better when I'm high. At the very least I'm more careful. When I'm sober I zip around with the sole purpose of getting wherever I'm going on time. When I'm high I might be slightly impaired but I'm careful as hell, I drive slower, I look in all directions and I don't try to beat lights.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Elaborate?

Slows down reaction time, but for some, it can "force" concentration like you said.

The whole "weed DUI" concept is laughable: FSTs are completely open to interpretation and easy to fail when sober if the cop wants to fail you, there is no equivalent to a Breathalyzer, and texting and driving is scientifically proven to be more dangerous than driving while under the influence of marijuana yet not all states have banned that (including FL, a state that uses THC metabolites as an excuse to charge sober drivers with DUI).

As crazy as this sounds it would save lives, improve public health, and benefit society as a whole.

#703 VanderbiltJets, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

6 hours!??? That's worse than alcohol laws despite being way less conducive to operating a vehicle. When I get baked it lasts 2 hours tops. So let me get this straight, in 6 hours you can drink 6 beers and be fine to legally drive, yet smoking one joint messes you up worse? Who makes these laws? I drive better when I'm high as well. Drinking and driving isn't remotely close to driving while high. What a joke.

5. VanderbiltJets

People who prefer alcohol.

/half-joking, half-loathing their ignorance

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Legalization is happening in this country state by state. No president is going to risk their reputation by blanket-legalizing for the entire country.

Sadly for me, Texas will probably be the last state to do it if it ever happens.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Been looking @ some blackleaf's Just to um, have there... :smile:

9. VanderbiltJets

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Im on day 12 of quitting bud after smoking pretty much every day for the last 6 years. Some pretty fucked up mood swings, incredibly vivid dreams. I believe Ill start to feel better after ~30 days.

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

[​IMG]

#711 ollie, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a tough deal. But I am making 40k more now than I was when I was smoking, so it make some sense. You will see a notable payoff in motivation.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

^I put some money into STEV (Stevia Corp) just a week ago and my money has already almost doubled. The time to invest in canibus is now, and it will only grow in the long term as more states begin legalizing marijuana (at least medically). There are a bunch of small cannabis corporations out there that are dirt cheap and beginning to rise. It seems to be the hot trend. Companies are also manufacturing weed breathalyzers in legal marijuana states. That could be a good thing to hop on as well.

HAYN likes this.
  14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how a breathalyzer would be useful.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It seems like the big issue would be that people can just as easily eat ganja treats and it would not be detectable on the breath. It would also depend on how accurately it measures the current THC levels to pin point the time you smoked to determine whether or not you are too baked to drive. If it just gives a yes or no to "Has this person smoked in the past 6 hours?", then it would be a terrible tool, but like all terrible tools, the state governments will implement it in full force and drive the stock price up, regardless.

#716 Barcs, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I totally forgot that when thinking about eating ganja treats. Ha. I figured these weed ones would function differently.

If they start doing this, then arrests for weed will skyrocket and people will start losing licenses for no reason. I will be annoyed because quite a bit of people drive better when they are high because they are more passive, sometimes more paranoid and as a result more careful. I'll share the road with a stoner any day over a drunk. It may take a little bit longer to get to your destination, but you know you'll get there in one piece.

#717 Barcs, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  17. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Did you just make this up? That is the exact opposite of how it works.

A breathalyzer has nothing to do with blood or blood particles. It measures the amount of evaporated ethanol on one's breath, and uses this information to simply estimate a blood alcohol level.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/automotive/breathalyzer.htm

18. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i'm having my whole body dipped in liquid hot THC until it soaks in and becomes part of my DNA. I live in paradise, but it just may escalate after this procedure.
    with pot staying in your system for up to 30 days, what the hell kind of breathalyzer can truly tell how long its been since you last smoked?

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Need to get it passed here for medical use in Florida. It would make things so much simpler. I just had surgery last Tuesday and trying to get in touch with someone at the hospital to get my refill for my pills is ridiculous.
    Actually I don't smoke but it would make sense to just legalize for recreational also. The medical reasoning is just to make it palatable for those that might not vote for it otherwise.