37 pts on the best defense in the league ... suck my d*ck." - Belichick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pick6Revis, Nov 14, 2011.

1. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I am not making excuses. Jets dominated on defense in the first half except for the final drive. Pats were 4-13 on 3rd downs, I will take that against their offense ANY Sunday. Defense wore down at the end of the game because of the way NE ran the hurry-up. I am not trying to say that the Pats offense should not be proud of what they did, but to flex like they went up and down the field all game on the Jets defense is simply not true.

Whatever, we lost - I just feel the final score was a bit misleading.

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

the third down stat is misleading more than the score. The pats got 16 first downs on first or second down, they went over 200 yards in the first half. If anything the score is misleading in the other direction since they had a TD called back on a questionable call.
    3rd down conversions doesn't mean as much when all 3 TD drives didn't have a 3rd down until they were in the Red Zone.

3. neg_serye

neg_serye New Member

Where and how did they cry about class?

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Branch cried about class after the playoff game.

Also, confused by the suggestion NE had a TD called back on a questionable call. When was that?

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

6. Cellar-door

I shouldn't have said called back. However on the replay they picked up the illegal contact flag, when it was very questionable if Brady was out of the pocket. That changed it from 1st and goal from the 9 to 3rd and 16 at the 19. I guess you could argue we might have stopped them, but the way that game was going it seems unlikely.

7. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Belichick 3-Ryan Brothers 0...after that playoff loss one coach has stepped up & it aint Rex...I have a feeling we will see them again...Rex will you be ready?

8. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

belicheat is such a classless douche bag.

9. Namath3

Namath3 New Member

As opposed to Rex?? Who cares! I would rather concentrate on beating them & stop sounding like a bunch of whiners!! To the winner go the spoils & I want spoils...

10. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

The big problem with the Jets defense was they could not get the big stop when they needed it. They stalled the Pats #1 Pass Offense 9 times, but at the end of the first half after a bonehead timeout, they let the Pats march down the field and score. Then, after Plax's TD, they could not make a stop - its the same problem we had 2 years ago.

However, this game was not decided until there was 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, after Branch's TD. The score is not indicative of that.

You make some very good points, I just feel a bit differently then you about the overall scope of the game. Lets just hope the Jets can refocus and get well in Denver.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lmao, people are actually bitching about this?

U reap what U sow.... and you know what?

They came into our house and whooped our asses, while we can debate on who to blame they swept us and have pretty much all but eliminated our main goal for this season.

When we were in their house stomping out their season, doing backflips and planes and our HC was running down into the endzone celebration no one here said shit except for how awesome it was.

Well, now it's their turn.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

well, this is why I laughed when Pats fans bitched about Edwards doing back flips.

13. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

I'm talking about over the course of almost 3 years you tough-talking keyboard jockey. If you want a link, PM me your address. I'll come to you and link my dick to your ass. :wink:

14. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

White guy from Staten Island trying to talk like he's from the hood.

15. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Rex curses and acknowledges he was wrong, the media is up in arms. Belichick does this and says he doesn't remember, it's gone by tomorrow.

16. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I dont care, as RoyalTee said, what u reap is what you sow. Considering how much shit our team talks and how much rex talks we deserve this after putting forth such an embarassing effort. I swear some ppl here want the pats to apologize for kicking our ass. Whatever. We go around thumping our chest like we are the biggest and baddest motherfuckers youll ever meet. Well you know what we got our ass kicked and we shud shutup as we got beat destroyed with our own medicine.

17. Cellar-door

Because one of those things is on youtube, and one we only have the NY post's word for.

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

evidently the game tapes from the pats-steeler game two weeks ago got lost, so the coaching staff never watched them.....:shit:

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I agree 100%. We were pretty good against the Jags this year but people only look at the score and don't consider how many of those points the Jags handed over.

Rex's system relies too much on overloads and confusion and not enough on athleticism and fundamentals. In Baltimore it worked because he had best-in-league players at every level and really good players around them.

In NY he has one or two of the league's best, a bunch of good players, and some weak links. When his confusion/overload gameplans can't deliver for 60 mins, those weak links get exploited.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Based on numbers, Barry Bonds should be a 1st ballot shoe-in for the HOF too.