3 way trade going down, probably not, but whats the deal over at JI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If this is true, I'll quit posting on TGG...

that's how false it is

2. DGrab

DGrab New Member

Well if I played Madden maybe...but again its easy to just say that but analyze the situation.

IF the Saints want Brick and felt sure they could get him at 4, would it make sense to pick him at 2 and pay him more or pick him at 4, pay him less and add an extra pick even if they didn't get correct value based on that stupid chart.

It seems a lot of you actually think they should do the former. Get the same guy, pay him more, don't get an extra pick, but at least they can say they didn't get ripped off.

How's this for the easiest example of why the chart is stupid. If there are 2 guys in a draft who play the same position and are rated exactly equal at the top, why then would the #1 pick be worth X points more than the #2, answer.... it wouldn't.

3. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Actually this is one of the most realistic posts around here. It has no Maddenism in it and it just stating the facts posted by a reliable source.

There is a good chance a deal like this goes down but there are a lot of factors that can mess it up in a hearbeat.

Condon will do his best to get the deal done and I will be one person who will not rag on the source if it doesnt work out. Because as he said it is all up in the air and just being talked about.

Youth

4. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Here's the problem....just because you say the chart is stupid doesn't make it true or valid. I understand your point,but,unfortunately, the NFL does not work that way. Do you think it's a happy coincidence that the recent trade between SF and Denver for one of Denver's 1st-rounders worked out EXACTLY according to the draft pick value chart? We live in reality,and in reality,NFL GM's stick to the value chart. According to said value chart,the bogus 3-way trade in this thread is ridiculous.

5. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

6. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Well, at least that one doesn't look like it was written by a 4 year old :rofl2:

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Watch what you say, you never know. I'm actually starting to believe it.

8. NYJalltheway

besides a 15 year old prankster making up the best story he can, what kind of link or connection do you see that should make us believe the story?

9. RobA

After reading that entire long and boring thread it revealed that bongo has called numerous moves in the past way before they happened and was right every time. It was revealed that he works for an nfl team. According to what I read, I have a good feeling that this will all happen. He also reported recently that DRob was part of the trade talks.

10. NYJalltheway

1. i hope d-rob would be involved

2. so this guy has a good rep?

i sure hope so...we need excitement:)

11. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Read the thread... or the summary. True or not, he brings up an interesting scenario that makes some sense, but has a few problems that even he says needs to be worked out. A lot of people from that board and the titans boards are vouching for him. Even if it doesn't happen, it is fun to see this whole thing unfold.

12. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

A doubt at all that this trade, in it's current form, would happen. However, believe it or not, the guy sounds as if he's overall credible, and I wouldn't be surprised if something along those lines actually did happen. Good thing we've only got a week left til the draft.

13. RobA

Alot of people question why the saints will give us the #2 for only the #4 and a fourth rounder. Bongo just cleared it up, here is what he said:
    "there is no way the Saints will take a 4th alone................anyone know a
    guy named DRob?"

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This thread is like one long advertisement for Soothsayer.

15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want D-Rob and his huge contract? And if we did trade him we would have to take his replacement, so if according to him we're getting Mario at 4 then we're probably going to go Gabe Watson at 29. I hope not, we still wouldn't of filled our two biggest needs, OLB and OT.

#135 PinPointPenning10, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  16. NYJalltheway

so D-rob and the 4 for the 2?

17. NYJalltheway

So by signing Gabe Watson, that ISN'T filling our DT hole?

WHAT?!

18. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Oops, I meant OLB and OT.

19. NYJalltheway

oooh

ok that makes sense...

well we can get off without signing any more linebackers but you're right, we do need to take care of OT

if this whole trade fantasy did happen > would we sign an OL in the 2nd or 3rd round? you betchya

#139 NYJalltheway, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  20. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

No, if I'm reading it right, Oakland would take Leinart at 2, the saints would take Mario at 4, we would take D'Brick at 7, then we would trade D'Brick and DRob for Mario and also get a pick from Oakland for moving down. The reason it is done this way is 1. Mario would not make it past Green Bay or SF (who supposedly have needs other than OT... so they would pass on D'Brick and take Hawk and VD, respectively) and 2. so either mario or d'brick (not quite sure which one) gets signed at a #7 contract, rather than a more expensive #2 (or 4?).

The problem is how to fix the Tennessee, GB and SF picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.