3 way trade going down, probably not, but whats the deal over at JI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

no doubt i agee with that. thats why i sayed little sense

#81 hydro51, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  2. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

I would assume the reason the Jets would be involved is because they are the key for the Saints to get Brick OR Williams. If the Saints trade to 7 and the Jets take Brick at 4, which is very possible, GB and SF would be stupid to pass on Mario Williams, especially since both teams are looking for defensive help. Then that leaves the Saints with nothing. Maybe they get lucky and GB takes Mario, SF still takes Davis, and Hawk drops to them, but that isn't a guarantee either with SF wanting Hawk.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Where did you sayed that?

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Originally Posted by hydro51
    well mario by most seems to be the 2nd best player in the draft ..hell some even have him over bush. .saints sliuld want a OT to protect brees that have two 1st rds at DE already. so the trade makes a littlle sense..

5. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

this is insanity...but i hope its true insanity

i guess it makes sense, heres my breakdown of why teams do it

-jets get the guy they want while gaining a few picks in the process

-saints get a 3rd or 4th while still getting who they would before, opposed to staying and getting nothing, they also would not have to pay the player #2 pick money

-raiders get Matt Leinart

**my look is the only reason the saints are even involved in this trade is because the raiders dont want to risk leinart not being there at number 4 which is wehere they would be if they did a trade with just the jets. The saints only agree because they gain a pick and dont have to fork over 2 pick cash

any questions?? lol

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

bottom line is al davis knows he needs to leapfrog the titans to secure leinart

boy if this even remotely goes down it is a great thing for the jets....

the aints know they have to protect brees...

jil

7. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

The deal is beyond insane. Draft talk has reached a fever pitch and people are now hallucinating and talking to their imaginary insiders.The Saints' entire front office would be fired after agreeing to such a prison-rape.The #2 pick has far,far more value than what NO would supposedly be trading it for.For instance,if the Jets wanted to move up to #2,it would take our #4 and #29 picks...at LEAST. Knowing that,why would the Saints agree to a ridiculously inferior deal? I'm as excited and into the draft as much as anyone here,but let's not start to believe in the tooth fairy.The deal is too good to be true for the Jets because it is impossible.

8. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

this is bullshit......7 more days

9. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

yea but if the saints dont want to pay the number 2 guy, and if theyve been looking for a trade partner for a long time, they must think this is better than nothing, which is true, and whats wrong with the tooth fairy? lol, what kind of crazy guy invented the tooth fairy "put your rotting tooth under your pillow when you sleep and youll get paid"

10. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

7 more days................

11. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

7 more days......once again this is bulllshit no one listen to this

12. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

No matter how much the Saints want to avoid paying for their #2 pick,it would be absurdly irresponsible for them to agree to be ripped off so blatantly. As soon as I saw that the Saints supposedly would trade the 2 for a 7 and a second-rounder,I knew it was a lie...and a bad one,at that.

13. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

hey buddy, dont shoot the messenger

14. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

hahahaha :up:

Whats his name? I may know him.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

DAD ! ....

:lol:

16. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Correction: The rumor was NO trading the #2 for the #7 and #103!! LOL!
    I'm not shooting anyone.I realize it's just a goofy rumor and ,as a Jets fan,I'm into all rumors about draft trades,realistic or not. Hey,if this bizarre trade were true and the Jets scored I'd be overjoyed.I'd also run outside to use my new flying abilities and X-ray vision,since everything would suddenly become possible.

17. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

SECRET NEWS: Donald Trump and Ben Afleck are having lemonade together at Madison Square Garden to discuss things that I cannot tell you about. The two are rumored to be avid lemonade lovers and believe that the citrus fruit prevents strep throat. That's all I can say. I work for the CIA.

from one of the posters there :rofl:

18. billo83

billo83 Member

The original rumors net effect was NO getting the 4th pick and taking Mario, then trading for Brick who the Jets would be getting with the 7th. So technically NO is not trading the #2 for the #7, rather #2 for #4. Regardless, why wouldn't NO just take Brick with the #4 in this scenario if that's who they want? Why take the chance Brick would fall to the Jets - the only benefit would be paying Brick at the value of the #7 pick instead of 4. Not worth the risk. If anything, NO would just deal directly with the JETS if they want to move down. The Jets would be the only viable trading partner other than the Titans if they want to secure either Brick or Mario.

19. billo83

billo83 Member

The more I think about this, the more plausible this is from the Saints standpoint - if they have their hearts set on Brick and not paying him #2 money. The reason I say this is that the Jets are the only safe trading partner to secure them Brick at a lower pick value. The Titans don't need to trade up since a top rated QB will there for them and if the Jets trade up they will be doing so to take either Mario or a QB. Thus the Jets are the only viable trading partner in this scenario. The Jets know this so they will not give up any more than a 3rd or 4th pick to move up. Trading down any lower than the Jets pick is too risky if they want Brick. So the Saints only have 2 options - take Brick at #2 and pay him the money, or swap with the Jets directly and pick up a draft pick and pay less money (or the 3 way trade rumor scenario but with the Saints taking Brick and not Mario at #4). This analysis assumes that the Saints are intent at getting Brick and paying less money. Are they still getting fleeced? Yes - on the surface. But if they were going to take Brick at #2 anyways they still get him at 4 and pick up a pick in the process and pay less for him. They come out ahead in the end.

20. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

You're lucky...you're connected to an insider in the Raiders organization! Is there any truth to this riduculous rumor?:rofl2:

Alright maybe we're taking this too far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.