3 way trade going down, probably not, but whats the deal over at JI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

If the Raiders badly want Young why would they draft Leinart? Plus I am pretty sure that Young would be there at #7 for them as we won't draft him and neither will GB or SF.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Getting those two extra mid-round picks would explain all the interest in Clemens.

It looks like the guy has some credibility, so we'll see.

3. 1028

1028 Active Member

Im hoping we can use one of those extra picks on a safety...Darnell Bing would look awfully nice as our Rodney Harrison...

4. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

The fact that people are paying any sort of attention to crap like this is disturbing. I havent seen anything more idiotic than this in a long, long time...

Above and beyond anything else, nobody in a position to be involved in an NFL teams front office would be stupid enough to risk their job by posting details of what their employer was doing on an internet message board. So right off the bat, this is ridiculous. The actual details of this trade only make it worse.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

wait, your telling me you don't believe that a 7 team trade is being worked out as we speak?

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

People are paying attention to it because he has a history at JI of being accurate with inside information. There were a dozen or more free agent signings that he called this past year days before they were known about. That's the only reason people are listening.

7. 1028

1028 Active Member

1- DE Mario Williams
    1- LB Bobby Carpenter
    2- OG Max Jean-Gilles
    2- S Darnell Bing
    3- OT Andrew Whitworth
    3- QB Kellen Clemens
    3- RB Maurice Drew

Gah! Why am I even wasting my time!! :mad:

8. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

I don't think this is a good deal for the saints its going to take more than pick 103 to trade from 4 down to 2. It will never happen, it's just a rumor and a bad one. There are 800 points in play between pick 4 and 2 that would be our second and third round picks.

9. billo83

billo83 Member

What if Houston can't work out a contract with Bush and select Mario instead?

10. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

If the Saints some how agreed to such a trade, how would we guarantee that D-Brick would fall to us at 7? It just makes absolutely no sense.

11. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

ppppffffttt, and people say football is a sport for dumb guys, yea right!

12. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

ya i really can't see brick falling to 7. It also doesn't make any sense to me why the saints would agree to such a trade, why would they trade mario for brick straight up, that makes no sense to me, if they really wanted brick they could just pick him.

13. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

16 pages on a 100 percent rumor right now

it would be amazing if they did it though, i hope sometihng goes down to spice up the draft day though!

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

So if this is true, we get Mario Williams and all our after that PLUS #38, and #69

So we have like 2 first rounders (one for williams/d'brick trade) 3 second rounders and 2 3rd rounders?

15. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

Hey if this trade worked out I couldn't be happier, but it just doesn't make any sense to me, I don't see how this could work out. I don't really see any benefit for the saints, idk maybe i'm just an idiot

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

2 seconds and 3 thirds, but it appears as if we may have to throw something in, #35 maybe, not just brick for mario staight up.

The latest from Bongo:
    "the Raiders want to keep a pick and throw Porter into the deal instead.....................the Titans like that but they want Porter..............and not the pick but so does another team...............so it will need to be worked out................guys like i said this trade is being orchestrated by Condon on behalf of ML..................ML wants number two money and Condon said he could do it...............he did it for manning and he is attempting to try it again...............problem is GB and SF could really blow it up....................he has to fix all picks 2-7 to get it to fly................the Raiders will have to give up a ton to get their guy...............and ML loves that he is staying in Cali and Al Davis does not have to worry about moving Gallery to LT any longer............he can stay at RT and protect ML backside......................."

17. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

The thing about the Saints they are in a situation where they do not want a QB but Oakland does. The problem is that the Saints do not wantto drop that far in the draft. another big thing would be the money paying for a #4 versus a #2. With Gallery at RT and Leinart a lefty could be a good fit. The Jets are in position at #4 for D'brick or Williams

18. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

saints add pick number 108 (or around there)

but thats it

19. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

the jets are definetly in a commanding position here, they hold the money spot. Anyone picked at number 2 could just as easily fall to 4 and as USAJETFAN said, the pay difference is emmaculate

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

This is what bongo said when a member asked if another pick was required to trade d'brick for mario, or if it is straight up.

"its in negiotiation..............but the Saints have Mario and Brick rated as equals................so they would take either one...................but the Jets think they maybe able to get their guy a pick and save cap all in one fells woop...................but they need to help the raiders to make it happen......................."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.