3 students & 3 adult staff members are dead after a shooting at a Christian school in Nashville

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYGalPal, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

But he didn't use an AR-15! :mad:

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Guys here have been pretty good about leaning away from the partisan politics since the partial allowance of topics that border on politics; it's quite disappointing that you, of all people, have decided to not honor that agreement.

Judges will always have discretion over who stays locked up and who gets out; if that discretion is misplaced or misused an investigation is in order. If a member of the judiciary cannot or will not recognize what appears to blatant danger signs perhaps they should be removed from their position

We're never going to get all the shitheads out of our society but why do we make it so easy for them to impose their will upon us? Where did this guy get his guns and what is being done on an accountable scale to staunch the flow? Those guns started out legally made or imported into the United States but were no longer legally held when this guy was shooting people. Where is the burden placed for those instrumental in getting those guns from legal status to illegal status, and why do we never hear of prosecutions as accessories in crimes like those he committed?

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Back to Topic..

From what I understand from the Psych Literature and research on mass shooters one of the telltale warning signs is suicidality . Shooters fantasize about "death by cop" after angrily taking out innocent victims

The Louisville Shooter was getting mental health treatment and his family knew he was also suicidal. That means he had suicidal ideation and maybe had a plan as well.

Of course, his family should have had him immediately Hospitalized (That's my own opinion) or closely monitored by a Psychiatrist. He may have been seen as an Outpatient with drug management ..I am not sure.

We also don't know if he was actually taking his meds or not :/

Personally I do a lot of Forensic work with attorneys and criminal profiling is not my thing.

When I saw more patients for Psychotherapy I would never take on anyone suicidal ...they had to get interviewed in the ER first or also have care by a Psychiatrist . Many times I asked patients families to have actively suicidal family members go straight to an Inpatient Facility for observation

The problem is many times families do not listen to me or the patient suddenly "feels better" and not actively suicidal...its pretty tricky to predict so my approach is very Conservative

The other problem is that other Psychology Drs or MH workers are NOT as conservative and cautious as myself

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What in the actual fuck kind of dumb law is this ? This guy mows down some innocent people at a bank, shoots a few cops and instead of being destroyed the gun is auctioned off so it can end up back in the hands of another criminal ? My goodness we continue to show what a dumb country we are

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ar-15-used-louisville-bank-061558340.html

Acad23 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gotta keep the machine oiled... o_O

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's Kentucky for ya....

I know in NY and PA if a firearm results in a death it is investigated and destroyed. I know about PA cause I served on a jury where that was discussed and I know about NY cause a family member shot himself and his son lost his dad and his shotgun outta the deal

Barry the Baptist likes this.